Arcade Prehacks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Re-suggesting this.

I will say it again:
    Seperate hackers from moderators.
    They are 2 whole diffrent skills and should not be unified.

A few ideas I had also regarding this:

-Hackers would have their own secret/non-secret section, where they can discuss about all their hacking(Tagged games, new techniques, ect).

-Hackers would have full moderator powers in the hacking sections, but not in other sections, which remain under the moderators control.

-Any other suggestions people might have.

Quote Originally Posted by Riykku View Post
    -Hackers would have full moderator powers in the hacking sections, but not in other sections, which remain under the moderators control.
    Well, hackers could be moderators as well. And looking at the moderators we have right now none is hacking games.

-Hackers would have their own secret/non-secret section, where they can discuss about all their hacking(Tagged games, new techniques, ect).
    There isn't any technique or "secret" that you couldn't also find with google but why not.

Quote Originally Posted by ZuckeR
    Well, hackers could be moderators as well. And looking at the moderators we have right now none is hacking games.
    Some hackers on here, I personally think, could do a good job taking care of the Hacking Section.

Quote Originally Posted by ZuckeR
    There isn't any technique or "secret" that you couldn't also find with google but why not.
    Well, others might have some tips when hacking in their own special way. We have some very different people on here.

In my opinion there should be more moderators for the forums. It would definitely help cut down the amount of down time that these forums have without a moderator.

Some of the forums I have been on even have forum helpers. They do not have all of the power of a moderator (i.e. banning) but some of the power (i.e. locking) older/dead threads.

It’s an idea.

Aditional Information:
    The forums I have been on, the moderators accounts and there general members accounts are two different accounts. It was explained to me that when a moderator leaves there account is locked so they can't get back into it, and if they started a locked thread that has information that has to be updated it can be with the administrator's account.
    Last edited by ffemt53; 04-05-2012 at 02:19 PM. Reason: Additional information

Quote Originally Posted by ffemt53 View Post
    In my opinion there should be more moderators for the forums. It would definitely help cut down the amount of down time that these forums have without a moderator.
    Well back then, there was about 4 or 5 of us. We didn't need so many mods as we did before.

The question in my opinion should not be
    but what we could be doing in the future.

With 328926 registered users, and currently 164 users online. 6 members and 158 guests, and the most users ever online was 197, the numbers point to an increasing amount of traffic in the forums.

I do think that we will need to add more help because 3 Administrators, 1 Super Moderator and 2 Moderator will not be enough and will get to be to much.

Plans made now, can be for when they get to that point.

I will however stress that right now we could add on a couple of forum helpers.

I will agree that not every Moderator needs to be a hacker.

I would offer myself to moderate the forums again, but Xnite probably wont allow it because of past events.

You don't want to be called "Ultimate Master that I will always obey" like "he who shall not be Named" did.

As far as I'm concerned, that's the past.

I will say it again:
    I'm not sure I understand the point of this request. As far as forum staff goes, only one is an active hacker. SelectLOL. Not sure I understand the problem that calls for us to separate things. Most of our hackers are not moderators. So in a way they are already separated from the moderators. SelectLOL being the one exception. But as you can see in no way have we automatically unified hackers with the moderators.

Can you explain a little more what you actually see as the problem that calls for some kind of separation solution?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast