Arcade Prehacks

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: General Chat Lounge

Quote Originally Posted by ZuckeR View Post
    Yeah it is still closely tied to web development but with technologies like node.js it is getting into other realms as well.
    Yeah ive been hearing something about Angular JS , it was used to make a pretty good simple 'Battleships' Game i think it was called Battleship io something like that

"The GNU Compiler Collection includes front ends for C, C++, Objective-C, Fortran, Java, Ada, and Go, as well as libraries for these languages (libstdc++, libgcj,...)."
    gcc is the c compilers name and g++ the c++ one.
    Ahh okay i must have heard of it from trying to learn C++

EDIT ( Well, i just noticed that lzma does not seem to recognize the format when stripping the swf header. It can't decompress the file like i thought it could. But instead i found out that 7-Zip does support decompresing those flash files at least. )

I Did read something about the 7-zip thing but i think i found that while looking at pulling jars from exe's lol
    Do you think i can write a python script to Decompress flash files?

True, it feels better to do something rather than playing a game but sometimes thats just what i want, relax.
    I Actually did take some time off for a bit been taking pills to sleep since im usually up all night but i feel like its keeping me from projects , Which is really all i have to do lmao

Hm i work since i was 17 and wasn't that good at school. But i worked my way up, not to the top but i do well enough.
    Other than the Dropping out of school i also have other things holding me back , i have a problem with travelling due to 'Paranoia' or anxiety in cars or being in certain areas and a few other things..

Quote Originally Posted by W4N73D1 View Post
    Yeah ive been hearing something about Angular JS , it was used to make a pretty good simple 'Battleships' Game i think it was called Battleship io something like that
    You know the funny thing is that people use all those frameworks that are available for the web. But often they need like 10% of the features these offer. Those frameworks are great for big projects but for small personal ones i would not recommend them.

The problem i have with this is that you need to learn the how the framework works. Especially if you are a beginner and your projects are small it is not worth the hassle in my eyes. If you want to learn about this anyways i recommend W3Schools Online Web Tutorials which has some infos about AngularJS as well as the basic stuff.

Ahh okay i must have heard of it from trying to learn C++
    Yeah it is pretty popular and the de-facto standard on linux. It is available for a broad range of systems making it great for platform independent developing.

Do you think i can write a python script to Decompress flash files?
    I did try the script you gave the link to earlier on my laptop but it did not work because the pylzma module could not be installed. I have never done anything in Python so i did not want to go further into it. But if you can get that to run or use it as a base for your own program, why not?

I Actually did take some time off for a bit been taking pills to sleep since im usually up all night but i feel like its keeping me from projects , Which is really all i have to do lmao
    I dislike taking pills, especially for such things like sleeping. But on weekdays i have a schedule due to my work. That helps a lot not to stay awake too long as i start working at 5:30 in the morning, getting up at 4:30. Even if you do not work try to maintain a healthy life by living under certain time constraints. Try to eat, go to bed, exercise at the same time of the day. That will help if you do get a job.

Other than the Dropping out of school i also have other things holding me back , i have a problem with travelling due to 'Paranoia' or anxiety in cars or being in certain areas and a few other things..
    That sounds bad, but you know what? If you could find a job, even a small one, all this could get better. You learn to know new people and after a while you will get more comfortable. If you are afraid and stay inside you will never be able to get over your issues. I think i changed quite a lot over the past 15 years that i am working i think.

But if you really can't get outside you can try to come up with a programming project. Maybe that is your thing and you might even work from home if all works out well. But don't quote me on that

A tip for doing that is to stick to one language mostly to get proficient in that area.

You know the funny thing is that people use all those frameworks that are available for the web. But often they need like 10% of the features these offer. Those frameworks are great for big projects but for small personal ones i would not recommend them.
    Ah okay , Maybe when i get better at JS IF i decided to get to working with that language lol..

The problem i have with this is that you need to learn the how the framework works. Especially if you are a beginner and your projects are small it is not worth the hassle in my eyes. If you want to learn about this anyways i recommend W3Schools Online Web Tutorials which has some infos about AngularJS as well as the basic stuff.
    I Used to go to that site alot when i tried to make a game in JS but it was a failure lol

Yeah it is pretty popular and the de-facto standard on linux. It is available for a broad range of systems making it great for platform independent developing.
    Yeah id probably have to look into it a bit more

I did try the script you gave the link to earlier on my laptop but it did not work because the pylzma module could not be installed. I have never done anything in Python so i did not want to go further into it. But if you can get that to run or use it as a base for your own program, why not?
    I Can possibly do that , im still sort of a beginner to python , i worked with it for a week and just play around with it every now and then.. But could be good for a task such as that if i can figure it out

I dislike taking pills, especially for such things like sleeping. But on weekdays i have a schedule due to my work. That helps a lot not to stay awake too long as i start working at 5:30 in the morning, getting up at 4:30. Even if you do not work try to maintain a healthy life by living under certain time constraints. Try to eat, go to bed, exercise at the same time of the day. That will help if you do get a job.
    I Used to hate taking pills i was forced to take some when i was younger , and never took them after that , till about a year ago i been taking pills like crazy lmao but hopefully i can get everything worked out with my sleep schedule and all..

That sounds bad, but you know what? If you could find a job, even a small one, all this could get better. You learn to know new people and after a while you will get more comfortable. If you are afraid and stay inside you will never be able to get over your issues. I think i changed quite a lot over the past 15 years that i am working i think.

But if you really can't get outside you can try to come up with a programming project. Maybe that is your thing and you might even work from home if all works out well. But don't quote me on that

A tip for doing that is to stick to one language mostly to get proficient in that area.
    I'm honestly just trying to leave this state and go back to Los Angeles , i was only sapposed to live in las vegas for 2-weeks but now im sort of stuck here lol.. and we only have one car so i cant really practice on traveling or get a job out of walking distance which really lowers my chance of being able to get one and keep one , I Leave sometimes but usually at night which walking doesnt bother me much unless im on a big hill that looks over a city.. Then id probblly trip out and not know where to walk to id try to go back where i came and id get stuck doing that to and turn around try to push myself forward but its hard to fight anxiety lol but yeah i am trying to get better at programming i started 'Coding' back in 2008 when i got ahold of WPE Pro the packet editor and would modify packets to virtual worlds after that i moved onto VB.net and kinda stayed on that too long since it was my first language , then i messed with Html and moved all over after that, Actionscript3 has possibly gone to be my favorite , i dont even know why i like it to much lol, But im hoping i can get better at java still

Cool Hello

Hello , how are you all ?

Quote Originally Posted by blankanonymous View Post
    Whattuppppp

Btw : Im Okay lol left that out had to edit, Im Extemely tired its only 4:29 pm but been up so long coding my heads hurting plus my teeth are hurting stupid wisdom teeth

How are you all doing?

I am doing good thank you, how are you today ?

wisdom teeth are a real hassel lol

I am going to a spam thread and just make a bunch of threads then ill be a member in no time ;D

nevermind , so i guess it is not a chat , just spam.
    Last edited by ZuckeR; 10-03-2016 at 06:48 AM. Reason: Merged posts

Actually, you're the one who is spamming. This is not the place where you can do whatever the hell you want. Please stop being a spammer, or else you will be reported to Xnite.

Chill chow , Hes a new member... Blank , Please take some time to get familiar with the forum rules So you dont get into any trouble without knowing....

Ah okay , Maybe when i get better at JS IF i decided to get to working with that language lol..
    I Used to go to that site alot when i tried to make a game in JS but it was a failure lol
    That does not sound like you would want to go back

Yeah id probably have to look into it a bit more
    But be careful, if you already learned Java a fair bit it might be better to stay with it. Unless you plan to make games that need a lot of performance because than you are better of with C or C++.

But could be good for a task such as that if i can figure it out
    Well honestly, copying others is always a good beginners exercise.

hopefully i can get everything worked out with my sleep schedule and all..
    Better than pills!

i was only sapposed to live in las vegas for 2-weeks but now im sort of stuck here lol.. and we only have one car so i cant really practice on traveling or get a job out of walking distance which really lowers my chance of being able to get one and keep one
    I small scooter is the way to go in a big city like that. Here in Germany you can drive one of those with 15 and a motorbike that does not go faster than 80 km/h with 16. They are cheaper and better suited for cities than cars.

I Leave sometimes but usually at night which walking doesnt bother me much unless im on a big hill that looks over a city.. Then id probblly trip out and not know where to walk to id try to go back where i came and id get stuck doing that to and turn around try to push myself forward but its hard to fight anxiety
    I kinda pushed myself to go out more with a camera in hand, maybe that is something you are interested in. Just use your phone to make photos no need for a big camera. I have three expensive cameras and almost don't use them anymore, kinda lost interest but it worked for five years or so.

VB.net ... Html ... Actionscript3 has possibly gone to be my favorite , i dont even know why i like it to much lol, But im hoping i can get better at java still
    Yeah, like i said try to find what your ultimate goal would be and choose the language for that.

Quote Originally Posted by XxDarknessAngelxX View Post
    How are you all doing?
    I am doing well i guess, it is 3rd October which is German Unity Day and that means no working!

Im Extemely tired its only 4:29 pm but been up so long coding my heads hurting plus my teeth are hurting stupid wisdom teeth
    Here you go again, go to bed and visit a dentist... Oh you are in the US so it might not be as easy to get health care over there. I got two of my wisdom teeth pulled out and it did cost me nothing. I do have bad teeth though so i know how that can hurt.

I am going to a spam thread and just make a bunch of threads then ill be a member in no time ;D
    I just deleted your spam thread and combined your three posts here, now you are way down with the posts again. Do not spam again or i will ban you. This isn't a chat room but a forum, learn the difference! If you want to add something to your post use the edit button!

Quote Originally Posted by tchow847 View Post
    Please stop being a spammer, or else you will be reported to Xnite.
    I'll handle that.

Chill chow , Hes a new member... Blank , Please take some time to get familiar with the forum rules So you dont get into any trouble without knowing....
    See, we are nice people! I really think he is confusing this with a chat room kind of.

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast