Arcade Prehacks

How to play Minesweeper

A previous friend of mine on ATF asked how to play the game. Here is the reply I gave him.

To anyone willing to say something: I did a search for "minesweeper" and found none. If you find one, please tell me and lock this topic.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowHaunter
    Eh..
    I never understood Minesweeper.

Seriously, how do you play that game?
    Quote Originally Posted by BeeEhnGuy
    It's easy. The numbers indicate how many spaces the mines are away from that square. Usually the mines are trapped one by one. Go to options and change the settings to 999x999 with 10 mines. Then click anywhere. It should show a bunch of different things. Numbers and blank squares. Now, to explain controls.
    Left click- opens up space. If mine is there, game over.
    Right click- once flags it as a mine spot. Twice, questions if there is a mine there.

Now, back to the time you clicked. You should see different squares in spots. Some by themselves, and maybe 2 squares, stuck together. The ones by themselves are surely mines, leave them alone. Now, you see the double squares? Look for the one that is most possible the middle one. Example: A tic tac toe board. Imagine the outer rim as the 1's. Now the middle is the mine. So click all the available spaces for 1's. This should leave you with the mines. If you have 10 squares left and have not set off a single mine, you win the game. That's how you play Minesweeper.

Re: How to play Minesweeper

F***ing lol.
    I HOPE you knew that was a joke.

Re: How to play Minesweeper

You, bet I did.