Arcade Prehacks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bots on ATF

Banned

Talking Bots on ATF

Okay,I had to make a topic for this.
    I know there are a lot of bots lately,Chris is taking care of it but there's another problem.

Thing is whenever a bot shows up,you guys are "raping" the post count,even staff members,they're all replying to him or like he's gonna reply,make fun of him or something...there's no point.

What to do when you see a bot?

NOTHING.

Don't report it,don't PM me,don't reply to him,don't trash the topic.

I check every single post by you guys so no need.

Thanks.

in whale thats in a cave thats flying around earth thats in a giant robots pants at a rave party

Re: Bots on ATF

how do you identify bots? because i searched it and nothing came up

Usually they will just be something that posts random things and has a link to a website that nobody cares about in its siggy.
    Um... I used to be a moderator here...

but some bots are smart and they can actually stay on topic. i think the only way to tell for sure whether it is a bot or not is to tell it to pm you, and if it never does, its either a bot that is now banned, or a guy that advertises stuff for no reason and doesnt know anything about forums (who is now banned).

Quote Originally Posted by halo72309
    Usually they will just be something that posts random things and has a link to a website that nobody cares about in its siggy.
    Yep, thats a short but correct answer in most cases.

Quote Originally Posted by m electric
    but some bots are smart and they can actually stay on topic.
    Actually bots are quite easy to identify. They may use the right words and stay on topic but the sentences never really make sense. Also they often use more sentences that aren't really connected. That combined with other stuff like advertisement and you got your bot.

i think the only way to tell for sure whether it is a bot or not is to tell it to pm you, and if it never does, its either a bot that is now banned,
    PMing that acts like a bot is just a waste of time. If you don't know about it leave this to the Admins like Martin said. Spotting bots gets easier over time.

or a guy that advertises stuff for no reason and doesnt know anything about forums (who is now banned).
    Advertising stuff for no reason? Does not know anything about forums but did manage to put a link in his signature? For the slight chance that this would not be a bot who cares about someone that starts advertising crap the minute he joined?!

Quote Originally Posted by ZuckeR
    but some bots are smart and they can actually stay on topic.
    Actually bots are quite easy to identify. They may use the right words and stay on topic but the sentences never really make sense. Also they often use more sentences that aren't really connected. That combined with other stuff like advertisement and you got your bot.
    There are occasions where someone puts something that makes no sense alot but are human (selocon, hailord, Lexis)
    And then they also end up being the same person...

One way that I find works is if its a topic asking someone to do something one member of staff say they will do it then nobody else post and if they dont start bumping or asking if your done they are most likely a bot :P

Quote Originally Posted by MartinRistov

I check every single post by you guys so no need.

Thanks.
    I thought banning bots was my job...
    1 Thessalonians 4:16-17: The Lord comes swiftly.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by AuburnAttack21
    I thought banning bots was my job...
    Well yeah,but unfortunately you try to talk to him,then people get taken away and they all post like 19231 replies and at the end of the day I am the one that should delete the advertisement from his post/signature and ban him completely AND clean the topic.

And there is some of that I can't do. You know how I act with bots, try to have fun banning them. But I suppose I'll do as you wish.
    1 Thessalonians 4:16-17: The Lord comes swiftly.

Banned

Don't get me wrong,I'm not doing this because I feel like it and I want you to stay away,but it's easier for all of us to manage them and prevent the users from spamming using the bots as an excuse.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast