Arcade Prehacks

Thread: A Short History

A Short History

A long, long time ago, in Medieval Scandinavia, a baby was born, named Claus. However, his father did not want him, so he sent this baby away with one of his servants on a sleigh. The sleigh was lost, however, and with the baby it landed on a mountain. Some animals found him and covered him up with straw, because they were on the turf of the Winter Warlock.

They took him away and taught him many things about agility and all the stuff.

He found a house, that was populated by elves. These elves were famous toymakers known as Kringle. So they took him in and gave him the first name Kris. Kris Kringle.

He learned things like how to make toys and the family history. Eventually they sent him out with toys to try and pass the Winter Warlock, which he did. He came upon a town known as Sombertown.

This town was headed by a man named Burgermeister. One day, he tripped on a toy and because of this he made all toys illegal.

So Kris comes to town, with more toys. and meets a young woman named Ms. Jessica. He gives her a dolly.

Coming back across the mountain the Winter Warlock catches him, but Kris finds the Warlock's good side and cracks his old personality. Then, WW uses his magic and puts Kris with Ms. Jessica again.

She says that the children wrote letters to him asking for more toys. So he goes back to Sombertown telling children to leave their door unlocked. So he sneaks into every house with more doors. The next day Burgermeister sees this and declares that all doors and windows must be shut tight on every house. Guess what Kris does? He goes down the chimney.

Oh, but Burgermeister decides to search every house next time. What does Kris do, he hides the toys in the drying stockings over the fireplace!

So Burger sets a trap, he puts the Kringle family and the Winter Warlock under arrest. And he finds Kris going down a chimney and puts them all in the dungeon.

Jessica visits Winter in jail and he shows her how much magic he has left. Not much, besides some magic feed corn.

Jessica gets an idea, she gathers up eight reindeer, named Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Donner, and Blitzen, and gives them each a little of the corn. With this they break out everyone and fly away back to the Kringle House.

So Burgermeister puts up wanted posters, and Kris grows a beard. Eventually they become so outcast they have to move away far from civilization, to the North Pole-perfect.

And on Christmas Eve Kris and Jessica get married. And because he hid from wanted posters by taking his first name Claus-they get married under the name Claus. And Winter Warlock used his powers and gave all the pine trees bright lights, and the wedding presents went under the pine trees.

And then the Meister brothers fell out of power.

Claus eventually gave up on sending presents so often because the trips were getting too large and frequent, so he decided to limit them to once a year, the holiest night of the year, Christmas Eve.

And in 1904, the North Pole got its first invisibility force field, since airplanes could allow people to see his fortress. The force field gets updated about once every seven years or so.
    1 Thessalonians 4:16-17: The Lord comes swiftly.

Re: A Short History

Cool story bro.

WOW, very, very nice story, i love it.

And here are some interesting links about the real history:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Santa_Claus
    http://www.the-north-pole.com/history/
    http://www.northpolesantaclaus.com/santahistory.htm
    http://www.thehistoryofchristmas.com/santa_claus.htm

And the name Kris Kringle is the americanized name of the german Christkindle:

Kris Kringle

German settlers in Pennsylvania brought with them their Christmas gift bearer, the Christkindl. Martin Luther introduced the Christkindl in the 16th Century as a way to combat the growing celebrations of Saint Nicholas, which he thought to be inappropriate. A pretty girl garbed in white robes and a gold halo portrayed the Christkindle, or Christ Child. She doled out gifts to children on Christmas Eve. Over time, the pronunciation of Christkindle was Americanized into Kris Kringle and became another name for Saint Nicholas. Martin Luther must not have been too happy about that.

Cool. Too bad i dont have the attention span to read the whole thing xD

it was like the story says... until the last paragraph
    And in 1904, the North Pole got its first invisibility force field, since airplanes could allow people to see his fortress. The force field gets updated about once every seven years or so.

Quote Originally Posted by Carpet
    Yeah, I got it from the animated thing Santa Claus is Coming to Town.

I think the force field has been updated about 15 times.

I like those German words in it.
    Burgermeister - Major

Nice story, Auburn
    I've been here before.

Quote Originally Posted by AuburnAttack21
    Quote Originally Posted by Carpet
    Yeah, I got it from the animated thing Santa Claus is Coming to Town.

I think the force field has been updated about 15 times.
    Lol, I knew I had seen this before

The real history of Santa is weird though. For example, Some people call him Santa Clause, which is a version of Sinterklaas (I have also heard that The word "Santa" is related to the word "saint", but this seems less likely, since I can't see where the "Clause" came from) to . But, some people call him Kris Kringle, a version of (as already stated) ChrisKindle which I beleive means Christ Child. And there is still the story of St. Nicholas. I'm gonna take a look into some of those links Carpet posted, maybe they'll help my headache

I think ChrisKind would mean ChristChild, since Kind means child.
    I've been here before.

Quote Originally Posted by weatherdog
    it was like the story says... until the last paragraph
    It's true you know. Santa is real, because NORAD tracks him every year. And planes flew over the North Pole and found nothing? Because the complex has an invisibility force field. It's obvious!

P.S. Today may be the only day on ATF without a single birthday.