Arcade Prehacks

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Gameshark Hacking Guide

This is how to hack using Gameshark Pro Version 3.3 for the Nintendo 64

Requirements: You will need the following
    1. Gameshark Pro Version 3.3 for the Nintendo 64
    2. A Brain
    3. A 4MB or more Memory Expansion Pak installed in N64

Known Value search is the easiest hack to do.

Step 1. You will need to turn the code generator on in the menu that you choose whether or not you want to start the game with the codes on.

Step 2. You need to ask your self what you want to hack.

Step 3. I will use Turok Dinosaur Hunter as my example, so say you want to find the variable that controls health.
    First, look at the health you start with, which is 100, hit the button on the front of your gameshark that pulls up the in-game gameshark menu, and press A at the Code Generator, then select Known Value Search. Go down to equal to and enter 100, and it will search for that number, you should get thousands of possibilities.

Step 4. Go back to the game, and lose some health, then go back to the Code Generator and select the equal to button again and press A, then enter the new value (lets say 94) and hit A, it will search again and you should have fewer possibilities.

Step 5. Repeat Step 4 (lose health, lots of possibilites, lose more health, less possibilites) and so on and so on until you get to 10 or less possibilites.

Step 6. After only 10 or less possibilities remain hit the View Search Results Button and it will display the codes.
    Say there are 2 possibilities remaining, push A on both of the codes to move them to the active codes side, and return to the game.

Step 7. If you lose no health you have found the code that controls the health variable. If you do lose health start the game and search over and try the same method again.

Step 8. Now that you have found the codes you can either turn them to hex or decimal by pushing Z in the View Search Results Menu. Decide which one you want and lets move on. (It does not matter which one you pick just which ever one you prefer)

Example of Step 8.
    8059F467 001B for hex or 8059F467 0064 for decimal

Step 9. Make sure you have the working codes in the active code section and turn the game off (don't worry, the gameshark will save the codes) and turn the gameshark back on.

Step 10. If the game you are hacking is not on the game shark you will have to create new game at top of the select codes menu.

Step 11. After finding the game in the select codes (or creating a new one) select new code.

Step 12. Name the code

Step 13. Select the box where you enter the code and another box should appear under the box where you save the code and exit and etc. It should have you code(8059F467 001B for example) Highlight that box and press A to insert the code into the other code box, and then save and exit. Your code should be in the select codes menu for the game.

Step 14. Start the game with that code on and see if you are invincible. If not, repeat the process until you are.

Thanks for reading,
    Shadow

All credit goes to shadowwolf1917

This is copyright shadowwolf1917
    I only want to see it on forum.arcadetrainers.com

PM me (dark_mage192) if you have any questions

Re: Gameshark Hacking Guide

Great Job! Nice Tutorial!

Good Tut
    1 Question
    Would It Be Possible To Add Pictures I Know This Isnt Online But If You Had A digi Cam Our Could Google For Them?
    Someone got an 11 killstreak so I must come back.

i dont have a camera and i cant take screenshots, i wish i could but sadly my family are cheapos

and we own four houses, go figure!

i will try and google for them

That will help nebs a lot.

huh, what the heck is a neb?

Newbs. Sorry.

oh lol The only picture I found so far was a picture of the game shark

Then post it.