Arcade Prehacks

Eve Apocalyptica

Ok, so I was reading your posts in my introductory thread, and I see that some of you are interested in trying out play by post role play. I'm sure some of you have the general idea of what this is, but I'll give you a quick run through just to make sure you understand. Anyone can write up a PbP game, all it requires is a good imagination and some writing skills. I've been doing PbP ( Play by Post ) for about two years now, and through this time I have written about ten games.

This is a game I wrote up, it revolved around surviving in a zombie infested environment, which is something EVERYONE at some point fantasizes about, right?

This is one of the less complex games I wrote as well, I am going to assume most of you have never done this before so I'll start you all off with something a little easier to work with.

=======

Anyway, here is the general storyline.

The year is 2002, May 22nd. The newly formed Jackson family are gifted with a son, an only son. They name him, Thomas. He grows like any normal child, but little did they know that he held a virus, a dormant virus. He was immune to it himself, so It had no effect on him. No one had ever learned of it's existance because of this unlikely chain of coincidence. Unfortunatly, when the boy get's a bit older, in his second year of highschool the blood drive stops by his school so students and faculty can donate blood. The boy gets through the blood tests like any normal person would, and donates a fair share. They bandage his arm, and send him on his way back to class, not knowing of the dormant virus that flows through his veins. He is now 16 years old, and the year is 2018.

Several month's later, Greg, a father of two gets shot four times in the chest by a local thug, moments later the suspect is shot dead by the police. Greg survives, but he requires a blood transfusion. Unfortunatly, he get's Thomas's donated blood. It was kept on ice waiting to be needed. The man spends several nights in the hospital after the transfusion, regaining his strength. Eventualy he got to go home. His family was relieved that he had his good health back.

Two days after Greg is re-united with his family, he begins to feel ill. The sickness he contracted from Thomas's blood is slowly taking it's affect on his body, it could not stay dormant within him. After the fourth day he is hospitalized again. The doctors dont know what to think of his illness. His body temperature is seemingly on a rollercoaster, his skin changes from it's natural color to a pale white back and fourth for many hours. Eventually It almost seem's as if he has lost all of his humanity, he show's no affection towards his family, no passion towards his wife. He must be strapped to the bed at all times to prevent him from hurting himself or others. His entire body convulses violently, his pupils dialate and his heart rate maintains itself at over 200 beats per minute. The drugs given to him to help him calm down have no effect. His heartbeat stops but starts back up again several times, but he finaly fades away one night into death. The illness overcame him.

One night, a security guard ventures deeper into the hospital away from his quarters, and enters the room with Greg. He walks up to the man in curiosity, Greg appeared to be in a deep sleep. The guard thinks he recognizes Greg and leans down to see the his face, and that is when Greg exploded with energy. Greg plunged his head into the guard's face, immediatly biting off a fragment of his nose. The guard staggers out of the room and calls 911, after haveing his nose looked at and taken care of he is allowed to return home, Despite the noticable chunk missing from the tip, it is not a serious injury. Greg is taken to a institution where he can be watched over without the possibility of a repeat incident. The doctors were not aware that Greg had no pulse. This is the last time anyone has made contact with Greg.

The security guard returns home at the end of his shift and goes to sleep next to his still sleeping wife. Sometime later during the night something about him changes, his wife wakes up in the morning and before she can even get out of bed her husband is on top of her, at first he does not attack, he glares into her eyes, she sais nothing, but looks back into his eyes with confusion and fear. She begins to attempt to get up, but as she gently pushes her husband off of her he begins scratching and biting at her like a wild animal, the screaming wakes up the neighbors and they rush over to see what is happening, only to be attacked by him, and his wife.

Within three hours, the whole ordeal is on the news, but no one truly knows what is going on

You are caught in all of this, do what you must to stay alive

Rule's

1. Your character is a citizen of the city. You have a house, a car/truck and whatever appliances lay around your house, keep it realistic.

2. You can pick an occupation for your character, Police, Doctor etc etc.

3. If you pick an occupation, like say you make a police officer. You are going to be called upon to help others stay alive. Say your a doctor, you have knowledge on helping people deal with their injuries. Get creative, but keep it realistic.

4. Since your in what used to be a busy city, there are no assualt rifles or anything like that, the most powerfull weopon you can obtain is something along the line's of a shotgun.

Stat's

Name:
    Skill: ( Marksman , Medic, etc. Get creative )

======

Ok, so you see a character sheet and you know the story. Create your character but keep him within the realm of reality, and just have fun with what you come up with, you are in control of your whole story.

For example, if I were to make a post it would be like this. Starting ALWAYS with the character sheet, then followed by the general gameplay post.

Name: Mike
    Skill: Photographic memory
    Current weopon: none

I tossed over in my bed, sweating like I had just got through running the mile, so I decided to get up and quietly get into the shower so I wouldn't wake anyone still sleeping. As I got up and walked to the shower I noticed the news was on the TV; but, my head throbbed so bad I just ignored it. I had just started to recover from a really bad flu. I'd had to stay home from school for almost the full school week, and hadn't really gotten up out of bed to do much of anything the whole time I felt ill. My head throbbed in pain from the same migrane that I'd had for several days, and I had severe body ache, every step I took felt like hell on my head and it hurt all throughout my body. The warm water only felt good for as long as I was in the shower, but atleast I was clean. I heard some noise coming from one of the rooms in my house and I just figured it was probably my two younger brothers rough houseing. I figured they had decided to just skip school since it was Friday.

I got out of the shower, walked into the kitchen and took some excedrin to help supress my bad head ache. The warm shower had done me some good, my head didn't hurt so much as before. I grabbed a drink and walked into the living room hoping something decent would be on TV, when I walked in it was on the channel 7 news. I ignored what ever was on and began to flip through the DVR to see if we had anything good to watch. Thats when my youngest brother, Aaron runs acrossed the room holding his shoulder. Normally I wouldnt even care but there was a small trail of blood behind him as he ran. Just a few drops on the white carpet is all, but blood is blood; I walked into the other room to see what was wrong. I slowly walked into the dining room and I see him weeping over my father, I dont really know what to think.

I got a little closer. Dad didn't really move at all, he looked lifeless. I darted acrossed the room and knelt down beside Aaron. I got a better look at father and fell backwards onto the floor. I stand, and look at my brother in fury and disgust. In my panic I shout out a blood curdling scream, my brother turns to look at me and then he gets up, we made eye contact, I asked him what happened but he just charges at me like a wild animal. He tackles me but his little body cant generate enough force to knock me to the floor. I throw him on the couch and he screams, but.. it didn't sound like my brother, I cant really describe what it sounded like other than saying it didn't sound human. He charged me again this time manageing to push me all the way to the dining table, I reached over and I smashed the glass of coke I had been drinking over the top of his head. He falls over unconscious.

I look over at my father's body and it's been completly ripped open, all of his internal organs are completely visable.The expression on his face speaks only of terror and agony, his eyes meet mine and some blood gurgles out of his mouth. After that his eyes rolled into the back of his head and his body began to shake, violently. Tears began to form in my eyes. What could I do? I knew my father was going to die right there on the floor, and all I could do was sit there? His body stops shaking... I knew he was dead, but the reality had not hit me yet. I heard someone crying. I ran to the room my brother Aaron had come from and I seen my other brother, Darek on the floor, he was crying. I approached him and he looked at me with pure fear in his eyes. I wipe the tears from my face and reach for my brother's hand, but as I grabbed his hand it fell away from me, and he cried out in agony. Before I could ask him why he was crying I seen his hand, three of his fingers were missing; they looked like they had been chewed off. I picked him up and covered his eyes so he wouldn't see father. I rushed him to the bathroom, I grabbed a bathe towel and wrapped his hand up in a horrible effort to help with the bleeding...

Re: Eve Apocalyptica

Lol, I thought you meant that you wrote some games in Flash.

I can see you put alot of effort in this.
    I'll join later.

Aside from the name Weatherdog you did pretty good. You can use that as your name if you like, but Weatherdog is a wierd name for the character's parents to think up for their child, hahaha.

If anyone wants to start writing they're story feel free to do so, you don't need my approval.

Your also able to join up with others who post here as well, this makes for an interesting development of friendship and enemies between characters.

Also, typicly in one post you would have at least a paragraph, one liners are usually frowned upon.

My dad and i are walking in the forest looking for the herd of deer we saw yesterday. We walk to the center of the forest following the deer's tracks. There we see the deers, but they are sliced open and when we come closer to look, we see that they are completely empty on the inside. My dad raised his rifle and looked around with a worried expression on his face. We hear someone walking in the woods. my dad says "be silent" to me. he looks around and sees a person walking around. the person sees us and starts running in our direction with inhuman speed while holding a knife in one hand. My dad raised his rifle and fired. the shot hit the person in the leg. the person crippled. my dad lowered his rifle, turned to me and said "forget whatever you just saw. this did not happen. Tell no-one abou-" he was cut off when the person rose up again and charged at him, stabbing him in the back. When my dad fell, i saw the "person' " face. It was no human. it was all blue and skinny as if the person were dead. i raised my rifle in self defense and fired. it hit the zombie in the shoulder. it did not back down. i shot it again, in the head. it fell down, and i ran as fast as i could...

Name: Andrew
    Skill: Quick Reactions
    Current Weapon: 2 concealed knives

I run into the room to see a blue figure charging at me i stab the blue figure in the chest and he falls to the ground i run outside the building to my hiding spot wondering "What the heck was with that thing?"