Arcade Prehacks

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Download rule!

Re: Download rule!

If someone REALLY wanted to be a jerk, the could easily fake the screenshot with photoshop, GIMP, or even easier with the javascript edit code.

Quote Originally Posted by AceAnderson
    If someone REALLY wanted to be a jerk, the could easily fake the screenshot with photoshop, GIMP, or even easier with the javascript edit code.
    The virus scans are permalinked, you don't screenshot them.

Quote Originally Posted by Magicman
    The virus scans are permalinked, you don't screenshot them.
    It is possible to fake them, and someone would if they were intent on spreading a virus.
    For example, someone wants me to scan a picture of Justin Bieber I edited (attached).
    To fake the scan all I have to do is make a file with the same name, and save it in a different area. The first image is saved in Pictures, while the other one is on my desktop, so the the file names can be the same. For this example I use a blank image (also attached). This file size is different, but you can't see on the virus scan.
    http://www.virustotal.com/file-scan/rep ... -129514358
    That is a virus scan for the blank image, but could you tell?

Therefore, someone who is determined could post an infected file. The virus scan would say that it was safe, and nobody would no it was infected till they downloaded it.
    Yes, I am just trying to prove a point, but I thought the Administrators and Moderators should know that this rule doesn't totally protect you.
    (Real virus scan for Justin Bieber image)[attachment=1:qezteop4]justinmoutheyes.png[/attachment:qezteop4]
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thank God you told them how to the idiots how to get past this rule.

I know that's what I did.
    If a staff member wants to delete it they can.

What was the purpose in that though?

If you really wanted to post this, you could of posted this in the tutorial section called "How to fake a scan report". Its much better then posting it here, you would get more views

On the brighter side of things, I know how to fake a scan report. May not be useful now, but one day it will be.

Quote Originally Posted by Soewut
    I know that's what I did.
    If a staff member wants to delete it they want.

Not cool dude >.>

Lol, I'm not trying to be a jerk, I was just saying that if a staff member finds it necessary, they can delete it.
    And, if a staff member gets angry at me, perhaps they should be glad that I was the first to figure it out .

I got a problem. I wanna post a zip here, but it contains around 1193 files. Umm... The scanners you gave can't do it, neither can my Norton so... Yeah... I know it is safe, my computer has never had a virus, and I use these files on it daily. It is 100% safe, I stake my membership on it. May I post it?

Here, my Norton (I love it) finished, but I cannot permalink it. I have a screenshot though.
    EDIT: I exported the results as a HTML file and will post it in a second.
    [attachment=0:3i1breyp]Brushes.zip Scan.png[/attachment:3i1breyp]
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by AceAnderson
    I got a problem. I wanna post a zip here, but it contains around 1193 files. Umm... The scanners you gave can't do it, neither can my Norton so... Yeah... I know it is safe, my computer has never had a virus, and I use these files on it daily. It is 100% safe, I stake my membership on it. May I post it?

Here, my Norton (I love it) finished, but I cannot permalink it. I have a screenshot though.
    EDIT: I exported the results as a HTML file and will post it in a second.
    [attachment=0:bd5grulu]Brushes.zip Scan.png[/attachment:bd5grulu]
    If that comes up again you can always put all of it in a folder and scan the folder as its own, Norton should scan the entire folder in one click.
    1 Thessalonians 4:16-17: The Lord comes swiftly.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast