Arcade Prehacks

Best hacking methods - Cheat Engine 5.6.1 or later

Okay!
    First up, we are all game hackers..
    Different hackers prefer different tools to hack games..
    I myself personally think cheat engine is the best.
    Anyway, I have some techniques which I use to hack games fast and most importantly correctly..
    Just try to hack the games by my recommended methods.

* If you're searching for a known & exact value then the exact value scan is perfect.
    Example: Lifes in the MS Pinball. Searching the life as the exact value, it won't take long. You should know this already unless you're a beginner.

* If the value you're searching for is unknown (commonly health bar) then after searching for the unknown initial value, use mixed searches.
    Example: Search for unknown value. Go to the game, move the mouse, run a little, move a little but don't loose life. Go back to CE and search for unchanged value. This way the value would be snooped out much easily. Again, another idea is to switch to the game and repeat twice or thrice until the addresses do not decrease. Afterwards, loose a life and search for decrease value or if the decreased value is known, search for decrease value by.. or use the exact value scan type.

* If the address in which the game lurks health/armor/ammo and anything else changes over time or has many pointers to it then use nops.
    Find the address first. Then find out what writes to it. Then change the op-code with nops (using the Replace button in the debugger).
    Example: The prince of persia: Warrior within game uses this. Also some of the new MS games use this.

* Use the auto-assembler (not recommended for beginners) to hack games from a DEEP level.
    Learning assembly would definitely help.

Tips:
    -------
    1. It is not recommended to search for "All" values in the scan type.
    2. Cheat Engine is not recommended to hack Flash games.
    3. Scores are one of the easiest to hack, as you have next to infinite tries.
    4. Use exact value whenever possible.
    5. Avoid using Unknown Initial value and the All scan type if possible.
    6. Learn to use the debugger and the disassembler.
    7. You should learn the basics of the assembly language too (learn about the commands like ADD, SUB and DEC as they are used in many places in the games).

Time to sleep...

Re: Best hacking methods - Cheat Engine 5.6.1 or later

We already have a tutorial for Cheat Engine: http://www.forum.arcadetrainer.com/view ... f=10&t=158

Locked.
    "We're playing in the same sandbox. Why can't we be nice to each other?"