Arcade Prehacks

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

ShadowHaunter Demotion

As most of you will become quickly aware, we were forced to demote ShadowHaunter. If you're like me, demoting anyone is a difficult decision and not one we take lightly or do without good reason. In this case, we felt the community deserved to know the reason for this and why we were forced to make this tough decision.

The facts. About 2 weeks ago we received proof that one of our former staff, Maritn Ristov, who most you know now works for our competitor, had convinced one of our staff members to be a spy for him. When I say spy, I mean he was giving confidential, staff only, information to Martin and therefore our competitor. Not only is this extremely unethical, it brings harm to the ATF/APH websites and community.

And just so you know, this is not the first time Martin has tried to do this. When he first started working for our competitor he tried to convince Deathnote to be a spy for him. Deathnote, would never betray ATF/APH, and therefore declined and reported Martins spying attempt to me. Keep in mind we couldn't care less that Martin works for our competitor. It's a free world. I even told Martin I was fine with him working for our competitor when he was making the decision. The only reason we take offence to Martins actions is because he attempted to stab the ATF/APH community in the back by convincing our staff to spy for him and therefore bring harm to ATF/APH. Why Martin decided to burn his bridges with us I do not know, we certainly did nothing to deserve it. And I don't know about you, but frankly when someone you work with and become close to, stabs you in the back it really hurts.

Anyway, 2 weeks ago when we received proof that we did have a spy on our staff, we put pressure on Martins new boss and manager to force Martin to tell us who. Considering they are actually nice guys, who want to run their business ethically, and that what Martin was doing, industrial espionage, is in fact illegal, they complied with our wishes.

To all of our disappointment Martin named ShadowHaunter as his spy. I spoke to ShadowHaunter personally and have his confession. That is why we had to take the action we did.

I understand all of you may be in disbelief, not to mention sadness, as I was when I heard this news. Regardless, I am not interested in disputing facts and discussing if this is in fact what has happened. I certainly wouldn't have believed it myself unless I had the proof before me. And I do have the proof and confessions.

It's just as painful, and shocking, to me that the 2 most respected guys in our community, according to Karma, where capable of this kind of traitorous behaviour that brings harm to the ATF/APH community.

In Shadows defence, after speaking to him, it became clear that it was a very bad personal problem that may have lead to his behaviour. It seems Martin took advantage of his personal issues and used it as leverage to convince Shadow to do this spying. I won't go into any more details as it's not my place, but I do believe that Shadow would not have stabbed us in the back if he wasn't manipulated into doing so by Martin.

We all know that there no excuse for spying for our competitors, so Shadow has been demoted. However, I will take lenience and only enforce a one week ban at this stage. Shadow will never be staff again but there may be an opportunity for him to be back in the community.

Let's just all move on and keep this community strong, in spite of those trying to bring us down. Are you with me?

Re: ShadowHaunter Demotion

Wow, I never would've expected it would be ShadowHaunter...
    I'm sure with you.
    Too bad this had to happen on AT's Birthday...
    Um... I used to be a moderator here...

0_o.. not.. shadow... dude.. that sux. And that means a whole new feud for a FH position again. great -.-

6C 69 6E 6B F6 70 69 6E 67 2C 20 73 77 65 64 65 6E

Jeesh. I'm afraid to post right now, because I think it might come out sounding immature and would unintentionnaly insult somebody. I am sad right now.

I thought something was suspicious about him.
    But I would of never thought about this.

I always respected Shadow, and I never would have expected something like this out of him... are we completely sure that Martin did not like hack into his account or something?

Just really two of the most important guys just stab us in the back.
    That's not cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Willy
    I always respected Shadow, and I never would have expected something like this out of him... are we completely sure that Martin did not like hack into his account or something?
    I'm afraid so. I have Matt's confession. As I said, I am not interested in discussing if this is what happened. I have all the confessions and indisputable proof before me. I would never take action on this and present facts to the community unless I was 100% sure. I'm would not risk someone's reputation like that.

So Xnite is there a new FH position open now? It is just kinda interesting. I know its badly placed and all with the situation but we all would probably like to know becuase of other talks.

Something tells me that there doesn't need to be as Kody was recently promoted, so I do believe we will be fine on Forum Helpers

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast