Arcade Prehacks

Thread: Need A Team

Need A Team

OK, there's this game called Colony on ArmorGames that a lot of people play. And people have been waiting for a new version for well over half a year. Well, I admin a site for about it, and us admins were having a discussion about when it would come out. Then we started thinking that maybe an unofficial version could be done. And I said, you know what, I think I'll try it. Now we aren't talking anything too major here, just maybe some cost revisions, some smoothing, and maybe a little bit of other stuff. Nothing like adding new missions unless we get someone REAL good. Now of course, this would be hosted on one site only, and all credit due would be given. So what I am asking is for anyone interested in coding (Hackers definitely, programmers hopefully, and flash experts please) to assemble a team with me to make this. Now I can ASSURE you that this would get many plays, and would become quite popular, talking at least over 3000 plays, most likely a lot more. I just need a team of hackers and programmers who are willing and able to help me accomplish this. If you are interested, please post and shoot me and email or PM!

Re: Need A Team

This will never work. If you're going to be hacking the game to make it better, there can be no ads that are thrown in. No ads equals no revenue. Also, did you see their backend server system? Pretty intense. Most likely, you wouldn't be able to mirror or come even close to that. No server equals no multiplayer.

This isn't a simple weekend experiment that outputs a great, revised flash game. The project would take a couple weeks, and that's would be optimistic.

Bottom line: Don't try. You will fail.
    In the process of [insert status here]
    May post from time to time.

Quote Originally Posted by router
    This will never work. If you're going to be hacking the game to make it better, there can be no ads that are thrown in. No ads equals no revenue. Also, did you see their backend server system? Pretty intense. Most likely, you wouldn't be able to mirror or come even close to that. No server equals no multiplayer.

This isn't a simple weekend experiment that outputs a great, revised flash game. The project would take a couple weeks, and that's would be optimistic.

Bottom line: Don't try. You will fail.
    ??? I have hacked this before. And what about the server? It still works. It will still run on the same server as the old version, mine would just have some minor changes that the players ask for. Really, we would just be making some revisions and slapping a Version name on it.

Quote Originally Posted by AceAnderson
    shoot me
    OK.
    Um... I used to be a moderator here...

Seriously,you can't do it.
    Programming a game like that would take at least 2 years.

You have no profit whatsoever so it's pretty much a fail.