Arcade Prehacks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Performance Impact?

Does multiple user accounts on a PC have an impact on performance?
    I want to know this because my bro's PC is exactly the same as mine but is like 5x faster, and it has only 1 account while mine has 3.
    My pc is slow as hell and i want to improve its performance to the max (well i wanted a new computer but come on, who has 2500 bucks for a decent computer?).
    Also if you are feeling generous today you can give me tips to increase even more the performance, i searched everywhere and nothing.

Re: Performance Impact?

Did you check for viruses? And btw, a decent PC wont cost more than $1,000 dollars. Unless it's something like semi-Alien ware type. If it has no viruses, And you want your pc to perform faster than his, consider getting a Graphics card of your PC's type.
    Other than that, I don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by Matheusultimatex
    Does multiple user accounts on a PC have an impact on performance?
    As long as you only use one account it should not have an affect on your PC other the using hard drive space. Still i don't know what you would need 3 accounts for.

My pc is slow as hell and i want to improve its performance to the max (well i wanted a new computer but come on, who has 2500 bucks for a decent computer?).
    I do, but i won't give it to you

Also if you are feeling generous today you can give me tips to increase even more the performance, i searched everywhere and nothing.
    • Uninstall/Deactivate programs you do not need that might run in the background. Many people that complain about their PC speed tend to have to many programs that they don't need/use.
    • You can deactivate some services but only if you know what you are doing. Won't give to much performance though.
    • Clean your hard drive, delete old files you do not need. A full hard drive can affect performance.
    • Defrag your hard drive after uninstalling programs and cleaning it.
    • Also what RedWolf said above.

It reads "Brazil, Rio de Janeiro" on my location, we don't use dollars here, and politicians here seem to eat money to live so they created taxes to import stuff from the USA and other places and keep a good money for it, but increasing absurdly the prices of stuff.
    Example:
    PS3:
    On the USA: 400-500 Dollars/600-700 Reais (Brazilian currency)
    In Brazil: 1800-2000 Reais.
    iPad:
    On the USA: 800-900 Dollars, right?/1000-1100 Reais
    In Brazil: 2600-2800 Reais
    Got it?
    If a PS3/iPad costs that, i don't even want to know how much does a decent computer cost.

I've seen a decent computer here for $495, and had a 3.4 graphics index rating for the gaming and graphics. (Or whatever) It should run MOST programs. Such as: Gimp, Photoshop, Decent PC games.

Is your modem plugged through an Ethernet cord on your brothers computer and your computer is hooked up wireless to his modem?

Quote Originally Posted by RedWolf
    I've seen a decent computer here for $495, and had a 3.4 graphics index rating for the gaming and graphics. (Or whatever) It should run MOST programs. Such as: Gimp, Photoshop, Decent PC games.
    Well, here for you is there for me, so how will i manage to buy it?
    I also need to convince my bro (coz' mom is harder) to buy it.

Quote Originally Posted by ZuckeR
    As long as you only use one account it should not have an affect on your PC other the using hard drive space. Still i don't know what you would need 3 accounts for.
    I don't need it, it's pure ignorance i think, because one is my mom's account and she nearly doesn't use it, she uses my bro's notebook, and the other one is from my sister's account, she is away from home like 20 hours per day, she wakes up and go study and then work and only comes home around 9:30 PM and uses the PC i use at that time while my bro is not home, instead using my bro's PC and the only thing she does is look her Facebook and MSN which she can do on bro's pc and store bulls**t like photos and s**tty music, she doesn't need another account for that.
    And since i use private navigation to *private stuff here* i feel comfortable with using only one account.

Quote Originally Posted by SalamiNipples
    Is your modem plugged through an Ethernet cord on your brothers computer and your computer is hooked up wireless to his modem?
    Nope, 2 Ethernet cords, one for me and one for him, shared modem and router, but internet is fine, just performance is sucky.

You have your computer side-by-side to your brothers?

Mine is on my sister's room and his is on our room, they are just separated by a wall.

de-fragment your PC
    when i did it my pc was 1000X faster xD

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast