Arcade Prehacks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

what is minecraft?

I mean i know it is an online game but i hear so much about it. what do you do in it. i am thinking about trying it out. do you hve to pay for it(if so do they accept pay pal) so please explain the game to me loll

Re: what is minecraft?

JFGI.

Use the hand with tree.
    Gone.

JFGI im guessing that means ~Just Fu**ing google it?

its a game were you...you know what i cant explain it heres what wikipedia says
    Code:
    Minecraft is a sandbox building[2][3] indie video game written in Java originally by Swedish creator Markus "Notch" Persson and now by his company, Mojang, formed from the proceeds of the game. It was released on May 17, 2009, with a Beta on December 20, 2010. Official releases for iOS and Android are currently in development to be released later in 2011 along with a full version of the game; the Android release will be temporarily exclusive to the Xperia Play.[4][5] A version of the game for the Xbox 360 with Kinect support is under development by 4J Studios.

The game is focused on creativity and building, allowing players to build constructions out of textured cubes in a 3D world. The game has two variants – free Classic and paid Beta – where Classic is focused entirely on construction with unlimited material supply, Beta requires players to acquire resources themselves, and contains mobs, player health, and additional features and items. The gameplay is heavily inspired by Infiniminer by Zachtronics Industries,[6] Dwarf Fortress by Bay 12 Games and Dungeon Keeper by Bullfrog Productions.[7][8]

The game is currently in development and Beta is the only continuously updated version of the game. Minecraft was developed for about a week before its public release on May 17, 2009, on the TIGSource forums, where it gained a considerable level of popularity. It has been continually updated and patched since then, and while it was still in alpha release, it garnered several hundred thousand sales and received critical notice and acclaim from many reviewers. It passed a million units sold on January 12, 2011,[9][10] less than a month after reaching Beta. By August 5, 2011, the game had sold 3,000,000 units.[11]
    in short
    you can do what you want with the materials u got thar
    and if u use the new creative mode
    your god

or if you have mods you can be god on minecraft ¬¬

just check out all the stuff you need on the minecraft forums as well. You dont have to own minecraft to sign up, you know...

Your main goal in Minecraft is, basically, to survive. Your first order of business is getting wood, which is done by holding the left mouse button down with your cursor on a block of wood. When you collect enough, you can make things such as a crafting table, wooden tools (which help you get other materials) and even weapons. You should also create some sort of shelter for the night, even if it's hollowed out of a cliffside. There is one catch, though: The materials dropped by the hostile mobs can be highly valuable. The last thing you need is food. However, pigs, cows, and chickens are literally everywhere, so it won't be tough to obtain some, though you do need a furnace to cook them and smelt ore.
    1 Thessalonians 4:16-17: The Lord comes swiftly.

Since 1.8 came out.. FOOD IS VITAL. You have a hunger bar and you need to refill it over time by finding pigs or cows or chickens and kill 'em (and they run away now) for their meat. You can now also eat "Rotten Flesh" from killing zombies. Be careful though, you have a 70% chance of being poisoned. They introduced "Baby Spiders" which has about a 50% chance of poisoning you while its attacking. Also eating Raw Chicken is a 30% chance of being poisoned (dont worry, all poison wears off. and 30% really isnt much in minecraft...). Oh and the new mob, Endermen.
    I cannot stress this enough when I say:

DONT LOOK AT AN ENDERMAN!

So... yeah.

There's also Terraria which is basically the same.

I like Minecraft... Minecraft is fun, and you spend ALOT of time on it. Basically, you build loads of crap, that you don't even notice the time gone by. If you ever try playing MC, ALWAYS remember, the worst mob you could ever find is the classic creeper.

Also, I prefer Terraria over MC, because Terraria has loads of RPG-ish style and loads of adventure and stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by NothingPersonal
    JFGI.
    when i made this topic, my mind really didn't know what google was lol. i was drunk as hell

so basically, you just build stuff?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast