Arcade Prehacks

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: The death of a forum

Quote Originally Posted by AuburnAttack21
    I try my best, there are just not enough posts to go around to moderate. In the last 24 hours only about 10 or so posts outside this topic have been made.
    Wasn't talking about you.

Quote Originally Posted by Kody
    Which is definitely sad. And don't take this the wrong way, but this just reasserts my opinion to have less staff.
    About pretty much 60% of users that come on are staff. I agree. We need to cut back on staff

About pretty much 60% of users that come on are staff. I agree. We need to cut back on staff
    anyone seen royalwaffle lately

ME :why keep it a secret? cant u make a separate forum for those with more than 2000 posts if its that important :l
    That would definitely increase spammers though.[/quote]

yea who would spam for 2000 posts and not get banned
    just sayin

Reality hits you hard,bro.

Thanks for sharing your opinion Kody. I agree with a lot of what you say.

It seems the main cause for the trolls and the death of the forum is due to our policy of not sharing hacking techniques any-more. I understand why it's caused this unfortunate side effect and don't blame anyone for how they have responded. But I would hope the community could understand that I didn't create this rule out any form of obnoxiousness. Trust me, I wish as much as you guys we could go back to the days when the sharing of this kind of information was open. But those were the days when APH had no competitors. And like it or not APH is a business. Sharing hacking techniques on a public forum is just like teaching our competitors how to better compete with us. Doing that would be business suicide. I hope you guys can understand why we can't do that.

So, we find ourselves in this very difficult situation were we are a hacking forum with little to no hacking information. Obviously this doesn't work and something needs to change. I would really like to find a way to make this community closer to what it once was. I will be thinking over this and see what can be done. Any suggestions would be very welcome. We will be moving the forum over to APH at some time in the near future. We have a chance then to morph the forum into something more sustainable.

Regarding the suggestions:
    Users need to stop being so trollish, staff needs to be more active moderating, and staff needs to stop being so paranoid about hacking.
    Cutting staff is an option, but I would like to wait and see if we need them after moving the forum to APH. If not we can make some cuts. Users being less troll like would be awesome. And I'll think about being less paranoid about the hacking stuff and see if there is some-stuff we can make public without shooting ourselves in the foot.

Something else I want to say is, I want to be clear, the policy of not sharing hacking techniques is entirely my doing, I policy I created and enforced, and therefore any animosity about it should be directed at me. The forum staff should not be blamed for following my policies.

Quote Originally Posted by Xnite

It seems the main cause for the trolls and the death of the forum is due to our policy of not sharing hacking techniques any-more. I understand why it's caused this unfortunate side effect and don't blame anyone for how they have responded. But I would hope the community could understand that I didn't create this rule out any form of obnoxiousness. Trust me, I wish as much as you guys we could go back to the days when the sharing of this kind of information was open. But those were the days when APH had no competitors. And like it or not APH is a business. Sharing hacking techniques on a public forum is just like teaching our competitors how to better compete with us. Doing that would be business suicide. I hope you guys can understand why we can't do that.

So, we find ourselves in this very difficult situation were we are a hacking forum with little to no hacking information. Obviously this doesn't work and something needs to change. I would really like to find a way to make this community closer to what it once was. I will be thinking over this and see what can be done. Any suggestions would be very welcome. We will be moving the forum over to APH at some time in the near future. We have a chance then to morph the forum into something more sustainable.

Users need to stop being so trollish, staff needs to be more active moderating, and staff needs to stop being so paranoid about hacking.
    Cutting staff is an option, but I would like to wait and see if we need them after moving the forum to APH. If not we can make some cuts. Users being less troll like would be awesome. And I'll think about being less paranoid about the hacking stuff and see if there is some-stuff we can make public without shooting ourselves in the foot.

Something else I want to say is, I want to be clear, the policy of not sharing hacking techniques is entirely my doing, I policy I created and enforced, and therefore any animosity about it should be directed at me. The forum staff should not be blamed for following my policies.
    woah woah merging APH with ATF? i would like to know how thats possible?

and yea i'll be less trollable

You realize you don't have to quote every single post right?

Thanks for listening to my opinion.
    "We're playing in the same sandbox. Why can't we be nice to each other?"

It seems the main cause for the trolls and the death of the forum is due to our policy of not sharing hacking techniques any-more.
    Thats true. There's only like..7 or 8 hackers now. The rest of us practically can't do anything anymore. So pretty much everyone went "To hell with this, this forum has no purpose for us, maybe we can go somewhere else" or just got sick and tired of the trolls. Personally, I'm getting a little tired of it, but I can't blame anyone because I'd do the same thing.

See, it mainly depends on how the users on here act. If they troll, obviously they are going to drive people out. It's not just the staff, its the users too. We're just as guilty, but they have reasons. As I said before they are sick of it. It would be awesome if you could at least make SOMETHING public. I mean, maybe if you just show us one thing, everything else would just come to us and then we'd be capable to figure the rest out for our selves.

Thank for your admitting you were the one, and I respect your decisions. I think every one else should too, seeing how it's not you're fault that we have competitors. As I said before, I would hide my secrets too.

TL;DR
    We're all just as guilty as the staff, because we misbehave which causes some people to get sick of us and leave, we should respect Xnite's policy for not sharing the techniques because this is basically a business for him. Sharing secrets = loss of business. So basically we should all learn to behave better, and respect the staff's decisions, and thus, we'd be rewarded...hopefully.

Holy crap for once I actually wrote a rant unintentionally...

Quote Originally Posted by spiderkid12
    Sharing secrets = loss of business.
    Loss of Xnite's business. You don't have anything to do with it.

Quote Originally Posted by spiderkid12
    and thus, we'd be rewarded...hopefully.
    "We" will be? The only person getting rewarded are the hackers and Xnite. Simple as that.

And to Xnite, revealing the tutorials won't help get users back. It's not the reason they left. The main reason are the staff, being to braggy, paranoid and harsh.
    Plus it's a hacking forum, and if you don't even allow people to share hacking methods then let's call it 4chan anyway.

I completely know what you mean by "it's just a business now" but you have to let everyone know. Otherwise you'll see a bunch of people just complaining with "hopefully we'd be rewarded."

That's my opinion.

Here's my opinion about everything and the entire debacle. Personally the only reason I'm here is because I'm a Forum Helper. I have constantly done rounds at this forum for two years minus six days. I have taken on my job with much honor and honesty and I have done my best to do it. But now I see no other reason to be here. I used to have friends here that helped me in times of need (Example: Setting up Ultamiya News) and who actively participated there. But now everything I knew about this forum has left. It has no connection to me anymore.

To sum it up, the only reason I come here daily is to moderate. That's it. I'm tired. I'm tired of yelling at people for the same freaking mistakes. I'm tired of making warnings every other day or so. I'm tired of no one listening to me when I suggest something.

If it so happens that the forum theme changes, the forum gets merged, or I lose my staff spot, I'm gone. C'est la vie.

I was going to get that out a long time ago, but I feel the time has come for it.
    1 Thessalonians 4:16-17: The Lord comes swiftly.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast