Arcade Prehacks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

So, I'm feeling pretty good right now.

Today we went to UIL and I competed in the Computer Science Written test. I've never competed in this competition before, but I have been learning Java for the past year and a half. So I walk into the test, and I walk out feeling relatively confident that I'd be placed somewhere in the middle bracket. But to my surprise, I won first, and by a lot more points than second place's. So I'm going to regionals soon, and I'm feeling pretty awesome right now.

Discuss what you've accomplished and why you feel proud about it if you want.
    "We're playing in the same sandbox. Why can't we be nice to each other?"

Quote Originally Posted by Kody View Post
    I won first, and by a lot more points than second place's. So I'm going to regionals soon, and I'm feeling pretty awesome right now.
    Well, congratulations, hope you will make it up a bit further and maybe win something. What was the test about, general computer stuff or something specific?

Quote Originally Posted by Kody View Post
    Hm, i work in my profession since more than 10 years and got a master degree in it. That puts me 10 years closer to pension than most of you

Quote Originally Posted by ZuckeR View Post
    Well, congratulations, hope you will make it up a bit further and maybe win something. What was the test about, general computer stuff or something specific?
    It was specifically about coding in Java. They intentionally try to trick you as well by giving two similar answers, but it says pick the best answer which sometimes is hard to distinguish between. Other than that, it was pretty basic programming.

Also, it's a multiple choice test with no calculators which is always fun

Congratulations mate. I'd be feeling pretty awesome myself if I was in your shoes.

Quote Originally Posted by Xnite View Post
    Congratulations mate. I'd be feeling pretty awesome myself if I was in your shoes.
    Yeah, I've been working pretty hard at it as well, so this feels like it's finally paying off .

Quote Originally Posted by Kody

For once in my life I finally understand math. So that makes me a straight A student (first time since..3rd? Grade or smthn)

And aside from that, my arting skills have been getting better, so it's always good to be able to be good at art, with enough stress I have in my life.

So yeah. I'm officially smart now.

Quote Originally Posted by spiderkid12 View Post
    For once in my life I finally understand math. So that makes me a straight A student (first time since..3rd? Grade or smthn)
    Great job. Study hard and never give up.

I'm feeling pretty good right now that my children (6 & 2) like the classic movies.
    Last edited by ffemt53; 04-06-2012 at 02:17 PM.

Made the varsity football team this year by working out nearly all year.
    That and got my grades back up to decent, 3.0.

For that I feel proud.

Finally got a girlfriend.

I did not know you had an outside life.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast