Arcade Prehacks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Having a few issues with plazmaburst2

So on request of pb2 forums community ive decompiled the game. and then openeed it in my new copy of Adobe flash CS6. WAyyyyy diff than cs 4 lol. Anyway after making the edits, i get 4 errors,
    One is : C:\Documents and Settings\VoiD\Desktop\tryitagain\pb419\pb2_re34_fl a\MainTimeline.as, Line 10847 1084: Syntax error: expecting identifier before leftparen.

2 is :C:\Documents and Settings\VoiD\Desktop\tryitagain\pb419\pb2_re34_fl a\MainTimeline.as, Line 10848 1084: Syntax error: expecting leftparen before leftbrace.

3 is: C:\Documents and Settings\VoiD\Desktop\tryitagain\pb419\pb2_re34_fl a\MainTimeline.as, Line 10848 1084: Syntax error: expecting identifier before leftbrace.

4th is: C:\Documents and Settings\VoiD\Desktop\tryitagain\pb419\pb2_re34_fl a\MainTimeline.as, Line 10848 1084: Syntax error: expecting rightparen before leftbrace.

Now the reason for why this stumps me is because ive freshly decompiled. Then opened it as a project in CS6. Published and it gives those errors, and just loopsprites randomly.
    Then i tried just opening the fla file alone and compiling and i get the same thing. Any help is greatly appreciated. This has been breaking my brain so much lol

Bump?........

ECC
    Any chance someone could help this fellow out? Im a bit of a noob, so all i believe I see as an issue is it says its missing '() or {}'
    though, tbh, It is a direct decompile, recompile...

Ive fixed the issues, and two more errors pop up about the MP function saying its missing a right brace. Put the right brace where it told me to and it screwed it up even more... After compiling it should be roughly 6 MB in size. Yet its only 4.99mb in size. It loops all the scenes over and over again and never shows the loading screen. Talked to the developer eric gurt and hes not even sure whats wrong. If someone could just help me out it'd be greatly appreciated. Not sure how to fix the loop issue. AS its only 25 frames long O_O

48 views and no replies? Not even from staf ? gotta be kiding me :/
    Hopefully spiderkid chimes in on this and vouches for me...
    Last edited by xxVoiDxx; 06-11-2012 at 04:38 AM.

The solution is simple: do not decompile the game, change the orginal files bytecode. Decompiling a game is never flawless and i never really tried it.

Thankyou for your pointless insight. If youd read the entire thread, its looping the scenes over and over again. Decompiled a freshly saved PB2 swf file, opened in CS 4 and the AS3 files are all fine and dandy, then i just press the publish project button and it publishes just fine. I open the swf after it makes it, and play, it just loops the sprites images over and over again. Im asking what do i need to do to make this stop, and what exactly do i need to do, i have a basic understanding of CS4. Not sure why you posted here but it seems as tho even mods enjoy post boosting

Its not pointless what he sayed, he sayed the right thing. There are 3 options:
    1 - Dont decompile
    2 - Fix it yourself
    3 - Ask the developer for source code

If you choose 2, prepare to spend a lot of time.

And you should learn the basics of hacking first before you speak in this disrespectfull way with staff.
    My website: http://selectlol.com/
    My second game: Play it now

Its easier to find intelligent life in the universum than in the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by xxVoiDxx View Post
    Thankyou for your pointless insight.
    No problem.

If youd read the entire thread, its looping the scenes over and over again. Decompiled a freshly saved PB2 swf file, opened in CS 4 and the AS3 files are all fine and dandy, then i just press the publish project button and it publishes just fine. I open the swf after it makes it, and play, it just loops the sprites images over and over again.
    Well, first you wrote about having errors in the code and now it works fine when publishing the file. But well, it does not change anything as i just pointed out that all decompilers have problems with complicated files. A little mistake while interpreting the bytecode and it does not work. Especially when talking about unconditional jumps the produced code often is technicaly wrong but the syntax is correct.

Im asking what do i need to do to make this stop, and what exactly do i need to do, i have a basic understanding of CS4.
    The problem is most definitely the decompiling and not CS4. Thats why i said you should not decompile the game. To hack flash games you either need a disassembler like flasm or use the raw output of sothink and change the bytecode by hand. Doing so enables you to do pretty much any change in the code without damaging the file.

Not sure why you posted here but it seems as tho even mods enjoy post boosting
    Yes of course this is the purpose of my life, a number beyond a nickname in a forum. I just pointed out that decompiling is not flawless and you did not even understood this one sentence. Sorry but i assumed i am talking to a person a little more advanced.

I know the basics of hacking... ffs i use C++ to hack prettty much any game client out. Combat arms, Warrock, MC, etc. AS is basically C in a nutshell. Zucker i mistook your response, i apologize, havent been sleeping much, trying to finish this asap. Ive narrowed it down to two errors, and figured id save it just in case and try something else in the meantime. I used swixx to save as an xml removed the pass protect and the debugger pass phrases, broke it immediately lol.l But atm its just two errors left. Something to do with the wrong syntax in the MP strings on line 19900. Although the syntax is quite correct. Im going to try to use Flasm now and see what i can do. Ive already changed all the sprites using file2bytearray. well most of the sprites anyway lol.

Ive got erics approval but he wont give me his source as he says its modified and doesnt want it to get leaked. Which is understandable. Im trying to get my own PB2 MP server running now. Hopefully flasm helps

Well, flasm will only work for AS2 but not for AS3 and i don't know what PB2 was written in. Can't even check the game without my pc so i won't be able to really help.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast