Arcade Prehacks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: It was fun.

6C 69 6E 6B F6 70 69 6E 67 2C 20 73 77 65 64 65 6E

Exclamation It was fun.

Hi. My name is SuperDragonFruit. I used to be a hacker. But now I'm not. I have no interest in this site anymore. But first let me tell you my GRAND HISTORY.

I found out about this site in April 2010, playing Carpet's hack of Spongebob. I played many hacks until I decided to try hacking a game myself. It was really great to dissassemble a game with Flasm and add unlimited health. The first time I successfully hacked a game and played it, I was so happy. I uploaded it immediately under my name "SuperDragonfruit" which I kept to this day.

I hacked more and more and more. I thought if I didn't hack, everyone would forget about me. Until one day I hacked Timmy Turner the game or something, and mayhem got all mad and started calling me supergayfruit. I totally snapped but didn't stop hacking. When I hacked a game that people wanted, it made me glad.

Obviously, my games were not all perfect. At first Dave approved each and every game I sent way. But it seemed to me that Xnite always wanted to delete my game. I got a feeling that he didn't like me, so I dreaded having a game in submission while he was online.

Eventually, Dave started getting that Xnite wasn't happy with the quality of my games. But I didn't really care. I just kept hacking. Eventually, Dave started getting mad. He said that I was wasting his time with these lousy games and he would disable my submission priveleges if I kept submitting these games. This made me quite sad. I tried saying sorry and that I would try to improve, but I couldn't help myself. Like Magicman said, I wanted a really high hack count and didn't care.

When Dave got mad at me one more time even after that, I lost interest. Even though I really enjoyed hacking, getting a game approved was getting tougher and tougher. Even though people on the forum would encourage me, I would only care whether or not people on APH liked my hacks, and they didn't.

And the forum. I liked the forum in November 2010. It was full of good people and I often got a laugh. But then people left, and there were dumb people like Chunky, who is possibly the only person that I was ever royally PO'd at. And now, all the idiots from APH are coming into the forums, which now look ugly, imo.

I started to hack again lately, thinking if I kept hacking, Xnite would let me make a hackbar. No such luck. That made me mad. I kept hacking but it always seems like whenever I hacked a GOOD game, it would be deleted. Here is a paraphrased conversation.

"Hi. I cant approve your hack of Medieval Robot Defense because selectLOL posted it after, but with a hackbar, and we only like hackbars, because they're better for the spoiled kids on the site!"

"Hi. I cant approve your hack of Lumber Zap because it was selectLOL who posted it earlier, but since Xnite made it damn impossible to see games posted earlier, you couldn't tell."

I hacked a bit more, and once I sent a Beetles game, that was it. I was through hacking. I gave this site many chances but I just don't like it anymore.

Here is a list of people that I would like to thank .
    Willy
    Sublimity
    DPETTY (R.I.P)
    selectLOL
    cilibiudragos
    leverage419

And I'm sorry to Xnite for saying mean things about you when you weren't there. You seem like a good guy.

That is all I'm going to say. Good night and good luck to the forum.

--EXODUS--
    Last edited by selectLOL; 06-18-2012 at 04:34 PM.

See, I stopped hacking mainly for many reasons.

1. With all this staff secret ****, I can't even learn anything.

2. Why bother if people only want popular hackers.

3. There are total ass munchers on APH.

I like how to hacked for the community and not just hack for the sake of getting attention (*ahem* like He Who Shall Not Be Named) I thought you were pretty good, I liked your hacks, but I doubt that means anything to you. I've heard of the "This game has to be a good one or we wont submit it" rule, and that irritated the hell out of me. Somewhere, someone is going to enjoy that game.

I hope you have a good time wherever you go, I'm thinking about joining you because some ass munchers on here are pissing me off.

It seems to me SuperDragonfruit that you wanted everything handed to you.

There are rules for a reason. There are secrets for a reason.

If Arcade PreHacks just handed out all our secrets to everybody then where would this website be? Didn’t we learn our lesson from a former member that was trusted and took our secret’s to a different site.

If we just hacked every game out there and didn't care about quality where would this website be? In my opinion and this is a hard thing for even adults to learn is that quality is always better then quantity. Quality makes the brand better. Quantity cheapens the brand.

Also in my opinion you need to master the basic’s before you can get to the advance stages. This so true in the world of computers. How are you going to fix a basic problem if skip the basic’s and go on to an advance stage?

Yes I’m an old guy, and my opinions here are based on what I see going on in the world with the youth of today. Yes you do have it harder then I did growing up, but you need to learn that everything can not be handed to you. You have to earn it.

Now before anybody is to argue with me on my opinion please remember that this is my opinion.
    Last edited by ffemt53; 06-18-2012 at 05:47 PM.

I never understood why people are so stressed about hacking as much as possible. Hacking a game is only fun to me if it is a little challenge and not just setting money to 9999... So if you lost interest i do understand it very well, you gonna be fine without it.

That you got pissed of by rules like "only quality games" i do understand as well. The thing is that Xnite tries to keep the quality of games pretty high. And what's quality and what not is totally different for each person. Same goes for stuff like the hackbars which are very nice to have for people so they were preferred to your hacks.

And don't be so angry about not being able to use this hackbar, it isn't that special. For the player it might be pretty cool but i prefer real hacks that implement the changes directly into the swf rather than a loader. But the hackbars allow to be faster when hacking a game and no competitor has it so the group that uses it is rather small. If it makes you happy, i don't have access to it either.

So yeah, have a nice life without hacking.

Quote Originally Posted by spiderkid12 View Post
    1. With all this staff secret ****, I can't even learn anything.
    Google, seriously! Almost every information and program is available if you take your time searching and reading. It may take a while but with enough patience you can learn pretty much. And that knowledge is truthfully earned rather than given to you.

Quote Originally Posted by spiderkid12 View Post
    2. Why bother if people only want popular hackers.

3. There are total ass munchers on APH.
    Well, yes that's what we all love about the internet.

I never understood why people are so stressed about hacking as much as possible. Hacking a game is only fun to me if it is a little challenge and not just setting money to 9999... So if you lost interest i do understand it very well, you gonna be fine without it.
    I never really stressed about it, I got bored with it after a while. I honestly don't miss it that much.

That you got pissed of by rules like "only quality games" i do understand as well. The thing is that Xnite tries to keep the quality of games pretty high. And what's quality and what not is totally different for each person. Same goes for stuff like the hackbars which are very nice to have for people so they were preferred to your hacks.
    So Xnite is willing to tell some kid that no one will hack his game because It will ruin the site? Okay then.

Google, seriously! Almost every information and program is available if you take your time searching and reading. It may take a while but with enough patience you can learn pretty much. And that knowledge is truthfully earned rather than given to you.
    Okay, yes, I do Google some things, like I learned how to hack AS3, but I don't understand why Staff are paranoid that some kid that just wants to pass time is going to reveal "secrets" if you can just Google them.

My main reason to learn how to hack at first was because I was really interested in learning how code works. I later found out that hacking doesn't really teach you anything besides just how to reverse engineer flash games. Honestly, the only thing that I still remember about hacking is how everything has a backdoor that can be exploited if you know how to use it.

When I first joined back in 2010 I didn't know of any other site besides APH that hacked games. Then, as time went by I noticed more and more sites that would take the same formula as APH and claim that they were superior. What I'm trying to say is that APH is still trying to stay ahead of it's competition, but now with hackbars and such. It's trying to stay dominant in it's own game. That's why they are protective of their techniques. It is still a business. remember? When we first joined, there wasn't as much competition in flash game hacking sites. The standard of hacks were much lower because there was nothing to compare them to. But now all the competition has pushed this site to raise their standards. Which means that regular users who want to hack games for APH aren't likely to be accepted.

Basically, the site has transformed from a community of amatuer hackers to a professional grade hacking website.

Quote Originally Posted by ffemt53 View Post
    Quality makes the brand better. Quantity cheapens the brand.
    I agree. I know that this site is slowing down, and I believe that if they have quality hacks that will set them apart from their competition. What I think Xnite should do is advertise more. Get some more user flow going through the site.

But I do have a suggestion. Maybe we could have two parts of APH? An amateur hacks section, and the professional hacks section. Or maybe a tag for hackbars that say professional? Basically, have the professional hacks displayed on the front page that way it looks good, but also have a url that leads to the amateur hack section so that newbies can contribute as well. You could also have them motivated by a ranking system. Just starting hackers could be newbies, then as they become more experienced they could become amateurs, then novices, etc.

I think it sounds reasonable.
    "We're playing in the same sandbox. Why can't we be nice to each other?"

Quote Originally Posted by Kody View Post
    But I do have a suggestion. Maybe we could have two parts of APH? An amateur hacks section, and the professional hacks section. Or maybe a tag for hackbars that say professional? Basically, have the professional hacks displayed on the front page that way it looks good, but also have a url that leads to the amateur hack section so that newbies can contribute as well. You could also have them motivated by a ranking system. Just starting hackers could be newbies, then as they become more experienced they could become amateurs, then novices, etc.

I think it sounds reasonable.
    I like this idea.

Thats something which we cant and wont do. I will explain it. Hacking was free, but because of competitors we had to close it. You can learn hacking, but you wont get support or help from us. You need to learn all yourself. And to be honest, our limit of hackers required to hack the games is already reached, i think we dont need any more hackers. There are not a lot of new and worth to be hacked games on a day, we can hack them without problems.

And if you think thats unfair, its not, its called life. It wont be always perfect and you cant always win. We are doing our best to stay in competition with the other hacking sites, and sometimes it means someone has to loose. Its hard, but its life, hope you understand it.
    My website: http://selectlol.com/
    My second game: Play it now

Its easier to find intelligent life in the universum than in the internet.

"You can learn hacking, but you wont get support or help from us."~~~~That's right!You can find what you want but we are not support you.

Quote Originally Posted by SelectLol
    You can learn hacking, but you wont get support or help from us.
    I never said that they should.

And to be honest, our limit of hackers required to hack the games is already reached, i think we dont need any more hackers. There are not a lot of new and worth to be hacked games on a day, we can hack them without problems.
    You're completely missing the point of why I suggested it though. I wanted the community to come together as one and have an emotional attachment to this site. The only reason that I'm even here anymore is because I can't just leave. I've become emotionally attached to the feeling of being one with a community of like-minded people. We all come to this site because we love hacked flash games. Some people like to push that love further and learn how to do it themselves, giving themselves a sense of fulfillment. Others, like to re contribute back to the site where they learned it from. That re contribution leaves a memorably feeling in the hacker. It gives them a sense of their own pride. I remember seeing my first hacked game being approved to APH. I felt so proud of myself. I felt an emotional connection to the site that hosted my first steps into the world of advanced computer programs & code.

And if you think thats unfair, its not, its called life.
    I don't think it's unfair at all. I think it's disappointing. You've effectively taken away everything that made me involved with this site, as well as what could bring others together here as well.

It wont be always perfect and you cant always win.
    Who's talking about winning anything? This is about community. This is about a fanbase for your site. This is about consumer dedication. And if you want to get down to the statistics, it's about web traffic. Your site's web traffic.

...sometimes it means someone has to loose
    No one ever has to lose. There's loopholes everywhere. There's compromise everywhere. There's backdoors everywhere. There's solutions everywhere. All that you need to find these elusive creatures is a little bit of commitment, motivation, and problem-solving.

So, to add on to my suggestion, let's get some systems worked out. Since the search system is based off of game titles, I think they should add some meta information (maybe like a tag that says "amateur?") into the amateur games. This way, when someone uses the search system, the professional games could be on top of all of the amateur hacked games.

I also want to address the quantity issue with hacking games. How about professionally hacked games can only be hacked once, but amateur hacked games can have multiple different hacked versions as long as they are by different authors? Or perhaps there could be a cap limit (for site storage space) (example: only 2 different amateur hacks of a specific game)? This way that people can still contribute to the site with or without the professional hackers hacking the game first.

And since we are still looking professional, the front page still only has professional hacks, and all the rankings on the sidebars could be professional only as well.

If anyone else would like to add some suggestions, you can.
    "We're playing in the same sandbox. Why can't we be nice to each other?"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast