Arcade Prehacks

LSD: Dream Emulator

It's a rather very weird and creepy game. Who has dreams like this?

Someone decided to make a game about all of their dreams which he kept in a journal.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nRFDI...feature=relmfu -Gameplay.
    - Look at the related videos and watch "Sleeping while playing LSD"

"In LSD the player navigates through a psychedelic dream world. The idea is simply to walk around and enjoy things in a dream environment. There are many bizarre environments in this world, and one way to travel through them is by foot. However, if the player bumps into walls or other objects in the game, they will be transported to another environment instantaneously through a system called "linking". Bumping into people, animals, or special objects usually results in a stranger dream.
    Each dream can last up to 10 minutes, after which the player will 'wake up', when the screen fades away and the player is sent back to the game's initial menu. However, if the player falls off a cliff or into a hole in the dream, then the player will wake up immediately. There is a graph that appears at the end of each dream that keeps track of the player's state of mind; the states are Upper, Downer, Static and Dynamic, as referring to the environments and the general feel of the dream the player just went through. Past states may have effects on later dreams.
    While the player walks through an environment, the surroundings may suddenly change. For example, eyes may suddenly appear on the walls and stare at the player. Even if the player visits the same place twice, it may look quite different - sometimes, the textures of walls will change to subtly different versions or new items will appear for the player to encounter. One may also encounter strange creatures while roaming around, including a celestial nymph flying through the air, a wild horse running through the prairie, or a huge man filling up an entire room." - Wikipedia

I heard a lot of people don't know about this game but what do you guys think of it? I know I'm gonna play it soon.

Ah yes, this game, the only game I have ever seen that actually disturbed me, ugh. I had nightmares for days after that. Well good luck sleeping after a few hours of playing.

It sounds like a good game. I think it has some certain reference to Inception.

The waking up after 10 minutes/falling off cliffs/dying in-game is like a "kick" in Inception.

In a dream, the "kick" wakes the user up from the dream, and they must re-dream to enter the dream-share again.

sounds strange but cool