Arcade Prehacks

Instead of greeting you guys, I think I'll reflect on the old APH as an introduction.

It's been four years since I've started here on APH.

Time has really flown, hasn't it? It seemed like it was only yesterday that I was a sophomore, working on my Computer and Software Engineering degrees at Carnegie Mellon. It was at that time I was introduced to flash hacking. Being a 90's kid, I've always had a fascination for computers and computer games. It seemed like no surprise that I would eventually choose what I love as a career path. Hacking and flash kinda were both interests for me, and they kinda crossed with eachother.

Excuse me, where are my manners?

I have several aliases. "POWERMAN", "David", "Artsy", "Bug", or whatever you care to call me. Some may know me as the elusive "//Finale\\" on a past TF2 gaming forum (I will not be mentioning the name in compliance with forum rules as not to direct traffic; plus, it's dead anyways). (So a shoutout to those who may know me as Finale, you know where to message me! I'm still alive!)

I arrived here at APH with this current account and at the old ArcadeTrainer forum which I suppose has been merged to here. I miss the other oldies. Fun times with JustinCredible (what the heck happened to him?) and Dave (rest in peace; you were a fighter and you still are, in our hearts) on the forum.

So four years later, here I am. I had been forced to take time off of gaming and hacking as school was the absolute priority. It had been hard times, studying on a scholarship. But nonetheless, now I have somewhat of an "unsual" (let's just leave it at that) financial situation now that I have pursued a job offering at Shanda Games. I'm done with the degree, and now I'm free from the restraints of university. Since my occupation is a mostly sedentry one, I think I may be able to spend more time gaming (technically, it is a part of my job, just not flash gaming, and especially not HACKED flash gaming). So here I am. I'm hoping to rejoin the community.

As much as my heart is filled with sticky nostalgia for APH and AT's past, it is inevitable that APH has moved on. We have yet to reach a "Golden Age", though we are a successful community several times over. I seek to aid APH in reaching that peak position as a major gaming community.

Point is, I think it's time for me to comeback. This is an introduction to those who don't know me (pretty much everybody), and a reminder to those who may do (AT Forum name: ArseHat; I posted a lot of stuff in the Confessions thread! ^^). Say hello to POWERMAN (I'm sorry for the caps. I was 19 at the time. I had yet to learn how to spell properly on the Internet, and that is a story for another time.)

Alright, guys. Have a good one!

Welcome back. You are right that there have been alot of changes around here, so have a look around, join in and have fun.

And as a refresher:

Tips for a successful hack request

Forum Rules / Request A Hack Rules / Request A Hack New Rule

Got it. Thanks for the update.

Interesting, I'm considering doing something involving graphic arts, digital animation, or just making indie games. But, I still have a long time to think about it.

Anyway, welcome back. JustinCredible doesn't really come on that much, I've seen him pop in a couple of times but that's all.