Arcade Prehacks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

can you guys tell me who's your fav music artist and why?

well for me, the list is prety long, im fan of 50 cent, eminem, dmx, tyga, chris brown, and many others.
    yup im a fan of hip hop, the 2002-2007 mostly. i really dislike lil wayne, drake and all the newschool artists because they just write about only one thing and that too never makes sense. so, what are your favs? and why?
    and guys, you gotta listen to this...
    http://www.datpiff.com/50-Cent-5-Mur...pe.370028.html
    this is 50's latest mixtape

I'm more of a EDM guy, since I mix and produce myself.

I prefer trance, maximal (not so much as a genre as it is more of a feeling the type of music gives you), house, and techno (as in actual techno, not 'all electronic = techno' techno), eurobeat and eurodance.

I'm not too into the hip-hop/soul/R&B/pop mainstream that you like. If possible, I prefer underground.

I enjoy Armin van Buren, Sasha, Tiesto, iNNERPARTYSYSTEM, A -> N, Kaskade, deadmau5, Martin Solveig, Verax, Intuition, Strike, and DDBeatz/Dela's works. They get me in the "zone" for a rave. Why? It's more of an acquired taste.

Other than EDM, I love jazz. I play what they now call smooth jazz and bossa nova on an alto saxophone. I like artists like Dylan Cramer, Sonny Criss, John Coltrane and such. Charlie Parker, Thelonious Monk and Herbie Hancock come to mind too. I'm addicted to it for its calming and soothing feeling.

I listen to a lot of Alternative, rock, and heavy metal, and on occasion, classic.
    Alternative: got into it when I was younger, still like it to this day.
    Rock: Friends got me into it.
    Heavy metal: Something that I gave a shot since most people say it's crap.
    Classical: Listen to it when I'm writing, arting, or anything that requires a large amount of focus.

damn, today's music is nothing but crap in my opinion, all of the genre suck
    all i hear is:

country music: ooohh my dawg dieed, my wifeeeyy leefffttt meeehh cuz i broookkee thatttt truucckkk
    hip hop: yo shawty yo ass is fine, i got a car with big rims and i drink drugs, im rich babe now wind that ass YOLO
    pop: ohhhh whhyyyy doo weee loovee, babe baby baby baby its better to forget love instead of getting hurttt, BABY BABY BABY
    rock: im alone, NO ONE BESIDE MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEH
    screamo: i.wanna.eat.your. SSSOOOOOUUUULLLLLL
    dubstep: wubbuwbbuwbubwububwubbb

every thing got boring

Do what I do
    Don't listen to the mainstream radio ****.

Not all screamo is like that, that is emo **** that you were talking about.
    Not all country is like that.

I'm not saying you should like all music, but just be open minded about it. Don't base everything off mainstream media.

lol yeah dubstep sound the same xD i dont usually listen to music though :P

As spiderkid said, don't base everything off mainstream. You shouldn't hate on their music. Just view them from a neutral standpoint (the people who make mainstream have a shatload more money than most of us do, and that deserves some, if not all, respect).

Also, on many occasions it's the artist that you should hate on (contradicting my previous point, but trying to impart some information, that's all). For example, is Lady Gaga famous for her music or her looks and the way she dresses? Try to look a bit deeper with more insight into situations like this.

@SpiderKid, not all mainstream is ****. I think you should be more open-minded too about mainstream. Although I'm not a [sarcasm]big fan[/sarcasm] of mainstream, I don't make too much comments. Nobody gets anything from hating on things. All there is is just flaming. [moresarcasm]Just because you don't like mainstream, doesn't mean that some pre-pubescent 12 year old girl doesn't like One Direction[/moresarcasm]. Point is, speak for yourself, everybody.

Plus dubstep isn't that bad. You've been mainstream-ified, thinking that all dubstep have hardcore bass drops and sounds like Skrillex.

Before you make any comments about music you don't like, actually listen to more of it (for the purpose of constructive criticism). For example, sharezard's [extremesarcasm]expertly spelt rant was very constructive[/extremesarcasm].

I will give you guys this. Today's music is really something different. Take it from a 80's/90's born.

Quote Originally Posted by POWERMAN
    @SpiderKid, not all mainstream is ****. I think you should be more open-minded too about mainstream. Although I'm not a [sarcasm]big fan[/sarcasm] of mainstream, I don't make too much comments. Nobody gets anything from hating on things. All there is is just flaming. [moresarcasm]Just because you don't like mainstream, doesn't mean that some pre-pubescent 12 year old girl doesn't like One Direction[/moresarcasm]. Point is, speak for yourself, everybody.
    I like how you said that I hate all mainstream stuff and it should all go away.

i usually listen to rap and rock

I always listen the country music,it's wonderful!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast