Arcade Prehacks

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Scorebored

BTW, HP means Health Points doensn't it?

I agree with what you are saying(sorry for spelling errors :P), thats why I said that you(as in the people) can add on to that because I know that for a good idea to form and develop it would need various viewpoints on what needs to be removed, added, or if the idea was any good what-so-ever. But I think that rather than all of the points be given through other users part of it can while the other part will be from the "server automated system". I say this because when you scroll through the comments you will notice that if one single person says something bad about the game like "i like teh game but needs blah-blah-blah" or "dis game isnt very good and needs some work" then they will most likely have about -30 to -50 "thumbs downs" for just giving their opinion. While if someone were to comment "pretty graphics" or "selectLOL is teh best hacker like if u agree!!!" then they will have about +30 to +50 "thumbs up" for their useless comments or "spam". Some people even say " I HACKED ME LIKE BAR SO YOU CAN THUMBS IT UP AS MUCH AS YOU WANT!!11! TRY IT!!!" or "like if your straight" and these people would get about +80 likes for their TRUE SPAM. So the problem with your idea would be that a ton of people would be very high in the scoreboard when they dont deserve it.

Quote Originally Posted by Miniar View Post
    BTW, HP means Health Points doensn't it?
    lol yeah (or it could mean Hit Points) but in this context it means Hack Points XD

Quote Originally Posted by ExpoundParadox View Post
    Some people even say " I HACKED ME LIKE BAR SO YOU CAN THUMBS IT UP AS MUCH AS YOU WANT!!11! TRY IT!!!" or "like if your straight" and these people would get about +80 likes for their TRUE SPAM. So the problem with your idea would be that a ton of people would be very high in the scoreboard when they dont deserve it.
    Can't there be a filter for these spammy comments? I remember before on APH the world "f*ck" would be filtered and changed into "love", so every time some said "what the f*ck," instead of displaying the word, "what the love" would appear. It was one of the few trigger phrases.

Why don't we take advantage of this filter and apply it to comments, thus effectively disabling such "like if you're" comments and such?

Sorry, off topic. However, this idea could be considered for future use as an effective tool against anti-spamming.

So user-rated comments that affect rep is probably not a good idea, just like on YouTube, and unlike on Kong.

I feel that the "getting HP for comments" operation thing should be aborted. Even if users were to be awarded points automatically, server-given points would appear stilted and artificial (well, it would depend on the criteria upon which the points are judged and awarded).

Note to future posters, let's not worry about how we're actually going to achieve this first. If we are going to improve upon the current APH, then design should be our first priority. We can worry about how we're going to get the webpage in HTML later. A top-notch community can only thrive and reach its "golden age" when it has a strong start/base/foundation (I've had experience with guiding online gaming communities such as various gaming servers, dedicated or private).
    Last edited by POWERMAN; 07-18-2012 at 03:53 PM.

Right now we have Reputation. Which is not widely known. But it is given to the poster by other posters. Which is what I think your saying.

Quote Originally Posted by ffemt53 View Post
    Right now we have Reputation. Which is not widely known. But it is given to the poster by other posters. Which is what I think your saying.
    Yes. I am referring to rep, or "karma" as some boards refer to as.

What I am suggesting is that we make rep universal. Make it count games as well (refer to my previous posts regarding receiving rep for positive ratings you get on a game you hacked).

(this will encourage people to use the forums more thus giving more oppurtunities for a busy forum/ good threads)
    Sorry, but if I may butt in, I believe that the forum can become much more active and contain much more good threads if you saw the forums more often. Currently (I believe) the forum link is this tiny little button below a very large APH title, right beside the words HACK, HACK and HOME. I believe that people will most likely look at the HACK buttons, as chances are, that's what they came on this site for. The HOME button would probably be next, as it will take you to the main page of the website, which happens to contain twenty-ish games for you to play. This would most likely divert all attention away from the last little button called "FORUM." Now, let's say the HOME button, when clicked, would take you to a page with two hyperlinks saying, Go To: APH Games, and below that, Go To: APH Forum.

Furthermore, if the Go To: APH Forum hyperlink were above the Go To: APH Games hyperlink with bolder letters or something to grab a bit more attention than the games hyperlink, such as a little summary about the forum, then more people will be able to see and realise, "APH has a forum!" and they will want to see what it's about. Quite honestly, the only reason that I started reading things in the forum was because I accidently clicked the forum button.

Also, I don't actually think my comment actually have anything to do with what the thread was made for, but seeing as ExpoundParadox stated
    (this will encourage people to use the forums more thus giving more oppurtunities for a busy forum/ good threads)
    I would like to voice an opinion as to how to get more people to go to the forum.

~Blujay

[COLOR=#0000FF]So, I just realised that the quote I'm commenting on is on the first page of this thread...[/COLOR]
    Last edited by blujay98; 07-21-2012 at 06:27 AM.

[COLOR=#222222]
    Quote Originally Posted by selectLOL View Post
    I can say more than the half of our users are children, then some teenagers and adults on this site are rare.

And i can say you, the average user has a low level. I see it every day. Even reading the simple rules is to hard for them. So making a eduaction project would be more helpful.

In short, this site is used by little children and wanting high level comments is too much.
    Would we want the forum to be more active? Yes. However, the average user creates a freaking load of spam. The forum before at ATF was the ideal forum for such a community, and now it is such on APH. Would we want a freaking load of spam here on the forums like we have them on comment boards on the hacked games?

We need to devise a way to remove the spam before we attract more users that create more spam.[/COLOR]

Whoops, sorry. I meant to say this after a solution to the spam.

good idea. and yes you are always allowed to "butt" in when you feel like doing so (unless told otherwise :P)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12