Arcade Prehacks

Thread: Game PC

Question Game PC

I'm probably going to assemble a new pc (not 100% high-end, though), which will be mainly used to play games on. I've been looking for some nice components to include in the pc, and so far I've come up with the following (prices are in EUR):

Case: Cooler Master CM 690 II Advanced (White) = 79,50 EUR
    Memory: Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2x 4GB) DDR3 1600MHz = 46,40 EUR
    Cooling: Gelid Tranquillo Rev.2 = 26,00 EUR
    CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K = 212,70 EUR
    GPU: XFX Radeon HD 7970 3GB Double Dissipation Edition = 385,70 EUR
    Motherboard: MSI Z77A-G45 = 114,30 EUR
    Power Supply: Antec HCG 620 = 82,50 EUR
    Optical Drive: Sony AD-7280S = 16,80 EUR
    HDD: Seagate 1TB SATA HDD = 77,90 EUR
    Monitor: LG E2441T = 146,70 EUR
    Mouse: Razer Deathadder = 52,70 EUR
    Keyboard: Logitech Gaming Keyboard G105 = 46,10 EUR

Total: 1293,25 EUR

So, any suggestions?
    I've been here before.

An i7 processor is worth it. You will have to spend a few more euro's though...

can you teach me how to hack

Do not post that here, will you. Use the search function. And no, I will not teach you how to hack.

Thanks for the advice, 8uurg, but from what I've heard, the i5's performances are sufficient.
    I've been here before.

cant really help with this because i have no clue about gaming pcs XD but i want to get something of that degree so this thread is pretty nifty to me, thx. Now all I have to do is figure out how to convert euros to U.S. cash...

For the cooling, I do phase cooling. My memory is 64GB hex, which I find to be quite useful when occasionally, a LSoD hits me in a game.

I advise a 2 terabyte HDD since I plan to use my PC for a very long time. Keep in mind as technologhy evolves, game files will take up a lot more space. I like to keep up with the latest, hence the need for 2 TB, but it can be tailored to your needs.

Also, nice choice with the mouse.

Don't waste your money on an "epic" mouse and keyboard. Might look nice, but I'm using a 0€ mouse and a 15€ keyboard and still do superb in games

I personally like a shock absorption keyboard as they have a nice feel to them. The response is amazing and the keys don't jam like the older casual gaming keyboards. As for the mouse, I like one that has a sleek contour, preferable ergonomic. I also place a wrist support to prevent sore wrists.

However, the Razer is a nice choice. I am wondering if the Logitech keyboard has a backlight built in?

Quote Originally Posted by ExpoundParadox View Post
    Now all I have to do is figure out how to convert euros to U.S. cash...

http://www.oanda.com/currency/converter/ <- For that, i suggest this very good site. It's always up-to-date, and you can also put in the Interbank Rates. Plus, you can have access there to the currency exchange rates back to January, 1990. One of the descriptions of their Curreny Converter: OANDA's currency calculator tools use OANDA Rates™, the touchstone foreign exchange rates compiled from leading market data contributors. Our rates are trusted and used by major corporations, tax authorities, auditing firms, and individuals around the world.

I hope, i could help. :)

PS: And sorry Sub, i can't help with any suggestions for your Gaming PC, because, i don't have any money for spending. So the result is, i don't have any "knowledge" about such high-end PC's. lol