Arcade Prehacks

Exclamation delete

redacted 10 char limit
    Last edited by gatorheads3; 05-15-2020 at 03:56 AM.

in a house. in fact, in your house. in the attic. I'm stealing your internet right now.
    The "first" thinghy does already give you a warning, but the thumbs whoring, i guess it should too. it's annoying on how people do it, and how other people thumb it up. i don't even know why they do it. i agree with you.

Heh. You two are real funny.

I agree the thumbs up is spammy. However the majority of users seem to enjoy it. That is why you see so many people thumbing up comments asking for thumbs up. At this stage I'm not sure I want to punish something the majority of people like to do on the site. We won't encourage it either though.

No one likes the first comments. As pointed out that is something we already try to discourage. However, if people are still doing it please point out the games it has been done on here. I need to have a look at specific instances where it has been done and I will try to take further action to discourage it.

in a house. in fact, in your house. in the attic. I'm stealing your internet right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAnimation View Post
    Heh. You two are real funny.
    i dunno why, is it because we like to share our opinion? i guess...

Quote Originally Posted by Xnite
    I agree the thumbs up is spammy. However the majority of users seem to enjoy it. That is why you see so many people thumbing up comments asking for thumbs up. At this stage I'm not sure I want to punish something the majority of people like to do on the site. We won't encourage it either though.

No one likes the first comments. As pointed out that is something we already try to discourage. However, if people are still doing it please point out the games it has been done on here. I need to have a look at specific instances where it has been done and I will try to take further action to discourage it.
    yeah, i see. but tell me, what is all this, how can i say it, this "love" for thumbs up? i mean, what does thumbs up on a comment give to you? do they give you reputation or something? i mean, i play the games, but there are ones that take a little while to load(or it's just my ****ty computer) so i go see the comments. by time to time i see one with like, 80 thumbs up. what appears in my head is: "cool, this guy got many thumbs up, though i don't see for what he will use them or what reputation he gets." could you explain to me, simply, what are thumbs up?

Quote Originally Posted by vini4567 View Post
    yeah, i see. but tell me, what is all this, how can i say it, this "love" for thumbs up? i mean, what does thumbs up on a comment give to you? do they give you reputation or something? i mean, i play the games, but there are ones that take a little while to load(or it's just my ****ty computer) so i go see the comments. by time to time i see one with like, 80 thumbs up. what appears in my head is: "cool, this guy got many thumbs up, though i don't see for what he will use them or what reputation he gets." could you explain to me, simply, what are thumbs up?
    It's just people expressing their opinions about a comment is what I see it. I don't think you gain anything from a thumbs up.

That's right, you don't gain anything for having a thumbed up comment, or for thumbing up comments. Its just a game they like to play I think.

i agree, why do they do it? it doesn't get them anywhere.