Arcade Prehacks

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Capitano's reviews

Capitano's reviews

Earth Taken 2

Earth Taken 2 is a great game, even with a couple drawbacks.

Earth Taken 2 continues, where the last game left off: you just escaped a nuclear explosion, but crashed your car and lost all your equipment, excluding a combat knife. The aliens are continuing their attacks and the world is in chaos.

Here we find the first drawback of this game: the story. It's so uninspired and boring. The characters are shallow and to make matters even worse, your character is mute. I know that story isn't everything, but a descent story would make Earth Taken 3 a lot better. (wink,wink)

The graphics are debatable. Some would find them ugly, but others, like me think, that they fit this game perfectly. The game is heavily inky and in some cases reminds me of a comic book. The music is monotonous, but it is quiet enough, that it is not annoying.

The gameplay is a mix between a shoot-em-up and a light stealth game. I say light because you don't actually have to be stealthy. One improvement is a addition of a melee weapon. This sounds small, but is actually a nice addition. There are more guns in this game than the original, but the shotgun is still my gun of choice. One thing I don't like are the AI companions. They are mostly of an annoyance, and I can't tell who am I controlling. They are also stupid and often shoot an alien, that I was trying to stealth-kill.
    I give Earth Taken 2 a score of 8.5/10

Game link: Earth Taken 2 Hacked | ArcadePreHacks.com
    Last edited by Capitano; 05-26-2014 at 05:46 PM. Reason: added a link

Capitano's review: Dragon fist 3d

Dragon fist 3d

Looks nice. Plays bad.

For a flash game, Dragon fist 3d looks pretty good. The character models all look nice, but each of them have an annoying black outline that makes them look ugly. The backgrounds are detailed enough. Each character has a own storyline, but you don't have to pay attention to them.

The gameplay just sucks. Dragon fist is a one-on-one fighting game, but an an extremely bad one. There is no combo system and you can just spam one move and win. (even without the hacks) Some characters suck. Some characters are op. You have a special move, but they don't affect the gameplay much.

Dragon fist 3d gets a score of 5.0 out of 10

Game link: http://www.arcadeprehacks.com/game/2...n-fist-3d.html
    Last edited by Capitano; 04-04-2014 at 04:10 PM.

Capitano's review: The Last Stand Union City

The Last Stand Union City

My personal favorite Flash game EVER.

Graphically Union City is good, but not perfect. The character models are detailed, so are the menus. My main problem is that of the backgrounds. They look like photographs, but the character are animated. This is bad, because the characters really stand out. Union City is technically not a horror game, but it still is pretty damn creepy. The quiet piano music and the mood of the game results in a if not scary, still a pretty unnerving experience.

What really makes Union City so good, is it's gameplay. You control your character and fight zombies with a plethora of weaponry. Between fighting you scavenge anything you can find. There is a LOT to find, especially weapons. You can discover anything from pistols to rocket launchers. The main story missions are nothing special. There are also some sidequests, some more interesting than others. The world of Union city is expansive, and every building is accessible.
    I give The Last Stand: Union City a score of 9.5/10

Game link: http://www.arcadeprehacks.com/game/1...nion-City.html
    Last edited by Capitano; 04-04-2014 at 04:13 PM. Reason: added a link

I joined your threads to create one, please keep your reviews in this thread to keep the forum organized. Also i deleted one of your two "The Last Stand" threads, please use the edit function in the future rather creating a new topic. Thanks!

Thank you ZuckeR. I was planning to do this myself, but I just joined APH and I am still getting used to it. If someone would show me around, I would be grateful.

And about those two almost identical threads: I have no idea how did that happen. Lol
    Last edited by Capitano; 02-26-2014 at 06:35 PM.

Capitano's review: Battle Masters - Ultimate Version

Most stupid use of the word "Ultimate" ever.

Graphics of Battle Masters are nothing special. The backgrounds are bland and so are the character models. One prop, that I can give are the awesome attack animations. They are EPIC, at least for the ten first times you're forced to look at them. The guy who made this also should get a spell check: Causes 52 damages on the enemy. Seriously.

The gameplay is based on luck. It determines, if you can attack. This sucks, because it takes away even the slightest of fun to be had with this game. There is a very small collection of characters, too. And the ones that are in the game, are basically cardboard cutouts. The bar, witch determines, if you can use your most powerful attack, fills up too fast. Every turn this same attack is used. I give the game a score of 3.0/10

And why is this game in the Beat'em up-section. Isn't this game technically an RPG?

Game link: http://www.arcadeprehacks.com/game/2...e-version.html
    Last edited by Capitano; 04-04-2014 at 04:16 PM. Reason: added a link

Capitano's reviews: Superfighters

Pixelated violence never gets old.

The graphics are pixelated, but that is what makes this game so pretty. The cute pixel graphics are a nice contrast to the violence going on screen. The animations are nice enough and the sound effects are awesome 8-bit beeps. There is no music during gameplay, which is a real shame.

All of this is nice, but is overshadowed by the fact, that Superfighters is just a blast to play. It gets positively crazy: things blowing up, huge firefights and a LOT of dying. There is a healthy amount of weapons, too, ranging from a single pistol to a deadly bazooka. The game supports 2 players, but I wasn't too thrilled to huddle up on the same keyboard. You can enjoy Superfighters multiple ways: 8 players on screen is chaotic, but 1vs1 fights are more strategic. Only drawback, that I can think of are the finicky shooting controls. Even with some practice, they still are annoying.
    I give Superfighters a score of 9/10.

This review was done on the newest version of the game found on APH.

Game link: http://www.arcadeprehacks.com/game/2...s-apr2013.html
    Last edited by Capitano; 04-04-2014 at 04:19 PM. Reason: added a link

Capitano's review: Warzone 3d: First strike

A valued effort.

The graphics depend on how you look at them. They might seem ugly, if you have used to console FPS-games. But you also have to remember, that this game is done on Flash. For flash standards this game looks pretty good. The sound is nothing but terrible. The music is monotonous and so are the sound effects, too.

Gameplaywise Warzone offers little. There are waves of enemies to kill and doing so continues you to the second wave. You just shoot, shoot and shoot some more. There are no bossfights, no new weapons and no,fun to be had. The game is filled with bugs, too. I got stuck in a building numerous times and the enemies have a tendency to spawn right in front of you. The infinite health hack is also broken. Get shot too much and the entire screen fills up with red.

I'm not going to give Warzone 3d: First strike a score, because I think it's a tech demo. If the makers of the game fleshed out the game a little and fixed the bugs, we might have a nice, special game.

Also the games title says "First strike". Isn't that hinting a sequel?

Game link: http://www.arcadeprehacks.com/game/2...st-strike.html
    Last edited by Capitano; 04-04-2014 at 04:21 PM. Reason: added a link

Capitano's review: Legend of the Void 2

An awesome sequel to an already excellent game.

Legend of the Void 2 continues the story from the first game. The Black Gate has been activated several days ago. You find yourself in the Void without any memories how you got there. Your companion Rogan is nowhere to be found...

The story isn't the best. It's for the most of the time predictable and uninspired. You don't care about any of the characters. The graphics however, are a different story. The game is from a top-down perspective and the over world is excellent and so are the fight scenes. Everything looks realistic and the characters don't stand out ugly, like they do in some other games. The spell effects can be a bit mediocre at times.

Legend of the Void has always been a item-based RPG and an excellent one at that. Not much has changed, but a welcome boost in AI is present. New is also a new concept called Runes. They are artifacts, which after a cooldown, can be your winning move. It isn't easy, though. Legend of the Void can be extremely frustrating at times. (without the hacks, of course) You'll have manage your party constantly and make sure they have the best equipment you have. The fights with enemies require a lot of strategic thinking and can take a while to win or lose. There is a lot of sidequests to complete as well. Only real issue, that I have with the game is the bad map. It doesn't help much and I spent as much time lost than fighting.
    I give Legend of the Void 2 a score of 9.5/10

Game link: http://www.arcadeprehacks.com/game/2...he-Void-2.html
    Last edited by Capitano; 04-04-2014 at 04:24 PM. Reason: added a link

Capitano's reviews: The Peacekeeper

Pure epicness.

The story is about a man simply called Peacekeeper. Apparently, his version of peace involves shooting everyone.

The game is filled with humor. Some of the jokes are kinda cheesy, but this is forgivable. The graphics are really good, too. Everything from a single character to the background looks nice enough. The blood of your enemies also stays on the ground. This is unexplainably fun. It's guilty pleasure to see all that blood after a wave has ended. This is all backed up with some excellent sound design.

The gameplay can get repetetive after a while. Still, The Peacekeeper is a fun game. Between waves of enemies you upgrade your guy. The upgrades are noticeable and they all feel earned. There is also some special powers to use, but they don't effect the gameplay that much. Keeping peace isn't always easy. I died and failed a LOT, especially nearing the end of the game.
    The Peacekeeper gets a score of 8.5/10

Game link: http://www.arcadeprehacks.com/game/2...acekeeper.html
    Last edited by Capitano; 04-04-2014 at 04:27 PM.

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast