Arcade Prehacks

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Capitano's reviews

Capitano's reviews: Flash Bash

Like Street Fighter on Flash.

Graphically Flash Bash is... okay. Nothing ever seems to be that good looking. The graphics are inky, but lack the personality to pull them off. The backgrounds are nice enough and some are destructible. The characters usually animate well, but some odd looking animations are present.

The bland graphics are forgiven, because Flash Bash plays so well. The combo system works really good and is varied enough give skilled players a chance to destroy their opponents. The AI works nice, too. It's smart enough to give you a challenge on the harder difficulties. The characters are also level. Nobody is op.
    I give Flash Bash a score of 9.0/10

Game link: http://www.arcadeprehacks.com/game/2...lash-Bash.html
    Last edited by Capitano; 04-04-2014 at 04:30 PM. Reason: added a link

Capitano's reviews: Rise of the Marshals

Quite simply, a disaster of a Flash-game.

The story takes place in an alternate world, where a city is falling into chaos. Riots and fights between the police are heating up. The Syndicate, a mysterious criminal organization looks to be behind everything. A mutated race known as the C.R.E.E.P.S are also somehow connected. You are a new Marshal and are tasked to save the city from destroying itself.

Even if that sounded like a decent story to game, this game lacks in the story department. It's a shame, because the game is heavily story-based. Rise of the Marshals is about 20% fighting, 80% story. When the story sucks, you got a bad game.

The graphics are also well under mediocre. They consist of bad quality sprites moving in mediocre backgrounds. The music is okay, but the sound effects are tiring.

The gameplay is beyond monotonous. You have only three attacks and the enemies are generic and boring. There is WAY too many cutscenes between extremely quick fights. Only thing, that Rise of the Marshals has going for it are the chances to effect the story with your choices. This is never capitalized, though and it adds no replay value.
    Rise of the Marshals gets a score of 0.5/10

Game link (if you really want to play it) http://www.arcadeprehacks.com/game/1...-Marshals.html
    Last edited by Capitano; 04-04-2014 at 04:32 PM. Reason: added a link

Capitano's reviews: Plasma Burst 2

Bursting with excellency.

Presentation
    Plasma Burst is pretty. The level design could be better, but otherwise I have nothing bad to say about the games looks. The enemies are varied and the sound is excellent. Plasma Burst can be harsh for your computer, though. Don't think it will run smoothly, even though your computer can run other Flash-games.

Gameplay
    As pretty as it is, Plasma Burst is also a blast to play. Slicing and dicing your enemies to bits never gets old. The slo-mo effect is really fun, especially with more powerful weapons. The weapon roster is generic and boring, yes, but the nice amount of them makes up for it. Upgrading weapons works nicely. In terms of issues, the one I have is that of the sometimes bad controls. If feels, that I'm controlling a ragdoll.

Final verdict
    Plasma Burst 2 is definitely one of the better Flash games out there. Some bad controls and boring level design keeps it from getting a perfect score. 8.9/10

Game link:http://www.arcadeprehacks.com/game/1...a-Burst-2.html
    Last edited by Capitano; 04-04-2014 at 04:38 PM.

A few things...

First of all, thanks for the over 200 views! It's nice to see that this thread has viewers. It would be nice to see some comments and criticism. It's boring to be the only one here. This is not just my personal thread of reviews. Be free to comment on my reviews or if you disagree or agree.

Also, after Plasma Burst 2 my list of games has ended. When I first started this thread I had a hitlist of games I wanted to review. So, it would be nice to see some suggestions on games you want me to review. Here are criteria, of which I choose my review subjects. If you are going to suggest a game, please be sure to check that it matches my criteria.

1. No 5-minute games
    2. Only APH games
    (At least for now)
    3. The latest games of a series
    (So don't suggest Plasma Burst 1, for example)

Thanks for reading!

Armed with wings perhaps? it's a really awesome game! and in plazma burst 2 you can fly! get on a explosive barrel and use telekinesis!(might take a bit of practice though.)
    Last edited by ChaoticCHAOS99; 03-06-2014 at 06:44 PM.

Capitano's reviews: Bearbearians

Furry fun.

Presentation
    Bearbearians is a descent game in terms of looks. The character models look okay, so does everything in this game. The levels are excellently designed and the music is surprisingly good. The animations get tiresome to watch. Bearbarians does have a tendency to lag, however, especially when the screen fills up with warriors.

Gameplay
    Bearbarians is all about creating and managing your own group of bear-warriors. They can be customized rather well and there are classes, too. When it comes to gamemodes however, Bearbarians dissapoints. They all are fine and play nicely, but they are sort of generic. The AI also has a lot of hiccups during a match. Giving orders to your group works and it is a nice addition.

Final verdict
    Creating your own group is fun, but generic gamemodes and stumbling AI doesn't help the experience. 8.1 /10

Game link: http://www.arcadeprehacks.com/game/2...arbarians.html
    Last edited by Capitano; 04-04-2014 at 04:41 PM. Reason: added a link

ERROR. The Server Could Not Load Command x97523
    On Your Warzone 3D: First Strike Review, You Forgot To Add The Rating

No I didn't. Did you read the full review? I clearly stated, that I was NOT going to give the game a score/rating, because I thought the game was a tech demo.
    Last edited by Capitano; 03-08-2014 at 08:36 PM.

Capitano's review: Intruder Combat Training (or I.C.T for short)

An intense shooter.

Presentation
    I.C.T has some of the best graphics, that I have seen in a Flash game. The animations are detailed and realistic. The excellency continues to the level design and sound. The menus though, are sluggish and boring. Whenever you shoot an enemy to the head, the game goes to a slow-mo effect, which never stops being awesome.

Gameplay
    If you're going into I.C.T expecting Raze, you might be disappointed. This game is a lot slower. You can't jump, there is no powerups and the game isn't a Run'n'gun. I.C.T is a lot more intense and realistic experience. The gameplay is solid, for the most part. One annoyance is the difficulty to climb. I can't really explain it. You have to try for yourself to understand. What I.C.T really nails is the intensity, especially in 1vs1 matches. Going down an empty tunnel crouched down, waiting for the enemy to appear is a great feeling, and it doesn't get repetitive. There is a lack of gamemodes, however. Also, when choosing your weapons for a mission, nothing tells you anything about the weapons. You might pick a weapon you don't like. Only workaround is to steal another one, or go back to the menu.

Final verdict
    I.C.T has great potential, but bad climbing controls, lack of information and the lack of gamemodes really hurts the experience. 7.9/10
    Raze 2 is better.

Game link: http://www.arcadeprehacks.com/game/2...-Training.html
    Last edited by Capitano; 04-04-2014 at 04:44 PM. Reason: added a link

Over 300 views. Nice! Let's shoot for 400! When this thread reaches 500 views, I have a special surprise...

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast