Arcade Prehacks

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: [GAME] Let's create

Here we go, i actually wanted to post this last week as it isnt much again.

Graphics
    Well, there isn't much here still but at least looks somewhat better. I just added a background image and changed the look of helpers a bit to look less like boxes.

Another small change is that the amount of hacks you gain by clicking is now shown at the mouse position. This is done by reusing 10 TextFields by setting them close to the mouse position. Their text is set to the current amount per click. By only using 10 of those fields the game avoids to create new objects every click. Creating a new object and adding it to stage and afterwards removing and deleting it would give way to much overhead we don't want.
    Code:
    // Show amount of hacks for last click.
    _clickInfos[_clickInfo].alpha = 1.0;
    _clickInfos[_clickInfo].text = "+" + Formatter.numberWords( Stats.hacksPerClick );
    _clickInfos[_clickInfo].x = Stats.stage.mouseX - _clickInfos[_clickInfo].width / 2;
    _clickInfos[_clickInfo].y = Stats.stage.mouseY - 50;

// Advance info number.
    _clickInfo++;

// Restart at the first info if last was reached.
    if (_clickInfo >= _clickInfosMax)
    {
    	_clickInfo = 0;
    }
    Then they do fade out and move up by decreasing their y and alpha values each frame.
    Code:
    for (i = 0; i < _clickInfosMax; i++)
    {
    	if (_clickInfos[i].alpha > 0)
    	{
    		_clickInfos[i].y -= 3;
    		_clickInfos[i].alpha -= 0.01;
    	}
    }
    Helpers
    There are 9 helpers now with different names and values. The cost and income per second are just taken from cookie clicker. Each helper button now shows you its name, amount and cost. What they do not show is the HpS value, as i don't know where to put them to look good. But that is a minor issue, they do work as intended.

Saving
    The game now saves your progress every 4 seconds and should also do so on closing the game. It is actually pretty easy to do that using the SharedObject class of AS3. Might have to add some error handling here as it could run into problems on some systems. Feel free to edit the lso file if you want to

Fixes
    I fixed a couple of smaller bugs. In the last version the game would only add the HpS for the first Helper as i forgot to change some code to iterate through all Helpers. The number formatting function was showing wrong values for smaller numbers due to a rounding error. The same goes for higher numbers that looked weird because the formatting was slightly off.

Upgrades
    I wanted to add Upgrades but did not progress on that matter. But i think i want to add upgrades that are specific to each helper like upgrading HpS (add and/or multiply a certain value) and decreasing cost maybe. Besides the helpers values it could also increase the Hacks per click or decrease overall prices.

Try the new version here: HackClicker-2014.03.28.swf

Quote Originally Posted by HackDevil View Post
    I have an idea! Several achievements that I think are good (made by me)
    They look and sound great, they have a good chance of getting included, thanks!

ZuckeR what about hidden trophys

Do you wanna know? seriously? Are you sure? well, i live in right there. you can't see it right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Capitano View Post
    You can do better than that. Cookie Clicker is THE worst game in the universe! And you're making a copy of it?! That's the "new awesome Community Project"? Come up with something original
    i think cookie clicker is a good game

Quote Originally Posted by Zaptres View Post
    i think cookie clicker is a good game
    You click a cookie, nothing else. Is that your definition of good?

it would be awesome if there were actual hacks in hack clicker so you can get instant 1 mill clicks

the helpers should be named "hacklings"

Capitano I don't want to sound like a B**** but you actually hate on everything everyone on this site is doing... please stop that and be a nice hackling

theres a glitch
    when i x out and come back the prices are reset

This seems like a fun project, well... if we put our minds into it enough sure we could probably make a cool hacked version of Cookie Clicker.

This game might have no gameplay at all but i kind of like the graphics

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234