Arcade Prehacks

View Poll Results: Do you like the idea?

Voters
4. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, plus the 2nd idea.

0 0%
  • Yes, minus the 2nd idea.

3 75.00%
  • No, it's a horrible idea.

0 0%
  • I don't know.

1 25.00%
    In your mind. You see me, don't you? No? Well, let me just change a few things to my liking.

Another way to improve forum activity.

Well, I just thought of an idea we can maybe try to enhance the forums activity, so here it is.
    All guests must create an account to view the forums, so basically the forum cannot be seen unless the person has created an account. I have seen this being used in various other websites so I thought this site should do it too. So in conclusion, more people will see the forums and therefore create an account to view the forums and so on and so on.... And then we will have the flamboyant community back again.

We can also try this with the hacked game site, you have to create an account to play the game. But then I thought that would be too forceful..... Do you like the idea?

That doesn't work on other sites and it won't work here. I registered on other forums before simply to read one or two posts and never come back or join any discussion. Also right now this board has over 60000 members and if only a 1% (600) would be active we had an active community.

In your mind. You see me, don't you? No? Well, let me just change a few things to my liking.
    Yes, well the 1% you are saying might never happen. Considering the most members online were 244, it's hard to see 600. Atleast I was trying to think of an idea. I don't really see any Admins/Mods doing anything to help the forums fulfill it's activeness.

I for one think it may not be such a bad idea. It will be a great way to get more accounts made and once people become members, they might think: "Oh, well while I'm here I might as well make something of my membership and become an active participate!" Or something among those lines... Surely using this, method can appeal to at least that 1% and little by little the site can achieve a more active community.

I agree with Zucker. I think it would just increase registration, but not do anything for increased activity. Also, search engines do not like when you block content like that. They would de-list all our forum pages, which would be counter productive since a lot are coming from the search engines to view the content in the first place. So overall it might actually have a negative impact.

We have to do something about this and not complain.

Or we can introduce contests, eg Drawing. We can also increase our advertisement to have a fan page in Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Tumblr, all the social websites available. We can also have a bot to simply post a private message to all newcomers on this website to say how thankful to have you, to become friendly so that newcomers shall stay on the site due to how friendly the Admins/Mods are. We can also use the PM's to simply notify newcomers coming events and plans, so that they would atleast have a reason to join. We could also perhaps reward members too. Moderators and administrators can also create creative, popular threads which will catch the members eyes to join to simply post their feelings/opinions. We need to think fresh and not just complain on how unactive the forum is. Don't just stare at the screen and complain, we need to do something about it which catches attention to members on this site.

All these suggestions on how to increase forum activity were all thought by me. People may have already thought these too. I hope you would atleast acknowledge this post and do something about it.
    Last edited by JustAnOldVCR; 04-17-2014 at 11:21 AM.

You are getting extremely off topic. Restrictions to the forums are a horrible idea. They won't do anything to help. People don't like being forced to do something just so they can do something else. I highly doubt those "other forums" were extremely popular either.

Quote Originally Posted by JustAnOldVCR View Post
    Or we can introduce contests, eg Drawing. We can also increase our advertisement to have a fan page in Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Tumblr, all the social websites available. We can also have a bot to simply post a private message to all newcomers on this website to say how thankful to have you, to become friendly so that newcomers shall stay on the site due to how friendly the Admins/Mods are. We can also use the PM's to simply notify newcomers coming events and plans, so that they would atleast have a reason to join. We could also perhaps reward members too. Moderators and administrators can also create creative, popular threads which will catch the members eyes to join to simply post their feelings/opinions. We need to think fresh and not just complain on how unactive the forum is. Don't just stare at the screen and complain, we need to do something about it which catches attention to members on this site.

All these suggestions on how to increase forum activity were all thought by me. People may have already thought these too. I hope you would atleast acknowledge this post and do something about it.
    We Don't have social media, but hackdevil did make a APH fan club page.

I agree with Xnite and ZuckeR, it will just increase registrations but not increase activity. Tmanzz122 even though he has a fan page not much people really sign up. I think it's better to promote throughout the social websites, it's funny how most threads try to help the forums to become active and we see quests viewing. If you are viewing this thread why not become a member? Wait... Are we that desperate to have members?

Quote Originally Posted by moshimonsters1 View Post
    I agree with Xnite and ZuckeR, it will just increase registrations but not increase activity. Tmanzz122 even though he has a fan page not much people really sign up. I think it's better to promote throughout the social websites, it's funny how most threads try to help the forums to become active and we see quests viewing. If you are viewing this thread why not become a member? Wait... Are we that desperate to have members?
    True on that front. What I would like to see is a very active community, not just 2-20 people posting often. Also, some people just want to see certain things. (Hack requests mostly have most viewers)
    On members, some data on the most people on at once (members,nonmembers, date, time)22,135, 04-15-2014 at 05:50 AM.
    So a total of 157 people on at once.
    Last edited by tmanzz122; 04-19-2014 at 10:10 PM. Reason: added some stuff. changed values.