Arcade Prehacks

Recommended threads and a couple of other ideas.

I was browsing the APH forums one day and got an idea. Wouldn't it be handy if the best threads were in one place? The place would be called "Recommended threads" or something in those lines. This would get the good, creative, interesting or just plain fun threads the attention they deserve. And the people that post there get responses, which would strengthen the community. The recommended threads could be great to newcomers too. They wouldn't just request a couple of games and leave.

Another idea I have is the addition of game collections. A selected individual or individuals, of course, would collect games to individual folders by theme, gameplay similarities or overall quality. This may not be a revolutionary idea, but I think it would be kind of cool to see this happen. Here are a couple of game collection suggestions. (try saying that three times quickly)
    Underrated games
    Stickman games
    Funny games
    User favorites
    Zombie games
    Flash-games you should play

My third idea is the addition of a way to make threads directly linked to games. For example: I play a game called The Last Stand: Union City and want to start a thread about the game. Under the game is a button to start a thread directly linked to this game. Underneath that button would be a list of other threads connected to the game. I understand that is the place where comments go, but I still stand by my idea. And of course the threads could be viewed from the Forums, they might actually have there own sub-forum.

In your mind. You see me, don't you? No? Well, let me just change a few things to my liking.
    Did you just 5-starred your own thread? Okay on topic: I think the ideas are pretty good especially the game folders which are specifically to it's theme. The 3rd idea, are you meaning the reviews you have posted on your other thread? Because it would be fitting to see reviews on a game you played, but genuinely nobody ever looks at reviews they simply don't care and just play the hacked game. I think I'm too late to reply, let's just hope the community won't simply crumble in our hands.

we must not let the community "DIE" away it's a good idea and yes it's true not EVERYONE reads reviews but if SOME people read them and there's a game they haven't played then they will want to play that game and then they will read more reviews to see if a game is good or bad and then they will be able to tell their friends about the reviews thus creating more activity in the forum ! but still it's a pretty good idea

in Kamiki village, hanging with Ammy and Issun.
    i will second those ideas. i have a few.
    1. have a popup on the top of the page saying games that were hacked in the past week or so. EX:
    These games were hacked in the past week:
    Paws
    Bunni: how we first met
    And 5 Others.(the underline is a link to a list of newly-hacks)
    2. popup at the top of the page saying if you have a new visitor message, PM, Etc.
    3. ability to favorite threads, so you get a popup at the top of the page if someone posts on your faved thread.
    4. if you roll your mouse over a subforum, it tells you who, exactly, is viewing it.
    5. viewer counter for threads, the same as the subforum counter, and have the viewer list on it (see number 4).

In your mind. You see me, don't you? No? Well, let me just change a few things to my liking.
    @Skyhighwolf38: The screen does pop-up if you have a Private Message, you can favourite your thread (well rate it), you simply click on "Rate this thread" at the top of the thread and rate it 5 as excellent or 1 as poor, like what Capitano did to his own thread. You can also view who exactly is looking at what thread by clicking the amount of users online in the forum homepage, thus you can also look at what Guests are viewing too.

in Kamiki village, hanging with Ammy and Issun.
    well excuuuuusssssseee me, but i haven't been here in a while.

Quote Originally Posted by JustAnOldVCR View Post
    Did you just 5-starred your own thread? Okay on topic: I think the ideas are pretty good especially the game folders which are specifically to it's theme. The 3rd idea, are you meaning the reviews you have posted on your other thread? Because it would be fitting to see reviews on a game you played, but genuinely nobody ever looks at reviews they simply don't care and just play the hacked game. I think I'm too late to reply, let's just hope the community won't simply crumble in our hands.
    It doesn't have to be my review thread, it can be any other thread. And yes, I 5-starred my own thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Capitano View Post
    It doesn't have to be my review thread, it can be any other thread. And yes, I 5-starred my own thread.
    we need more people for the reviews i had a review thread that my brother made, he used to review the games but he just lost interest and the thread is dead now. I don't think i can review as he did!