Arcade Prehacks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lest we forget.

Exclamation Lest we forget.

Today, is a solemn day for Australians and New Zealanders alike. Today is ANZAC day. Please pay your respects to me and many others predecessors who went to Gallipoli. Many were slaughtered and many were wounded and for what? Nothing. The English sent our soldiers to their fate. Please pay your respects and please do not close this thread, it is so everyone new and old can pay their respects no matter what. You may be of a different country but we lost many people for a simple error by the English. They fought bravely.

I am Australian

Lest We Forget.

James William Fisher

RIP to all those brave soldiers

Thank you.

What about the anniversary of the Hillsborough disaster on April 15th? Or the Columbine shooting on April 20th? Or Chernobyl Disaster on April 26th? Or Adolf Hitler's birthday on April 20th? Or Adolf Hitler's death on April 30th? Or the Waco Siege on April 19th?

I dont know you ask me. HEY WHY DON'T WE ALL CELEBRATE THOSE disasters. HEY WHY DON'T WE CELEBRATE THOSE shootings. Get the picture. Those are disasters and mass murderings not 10s of thousands dead cause of Gallipoli HMMMM!

ANZAC Day is Australia's and New Zealand's Veteran's Day. You are being extremely disrespectful to the many men who have volunteered and sacrificed their lives to ensure the safety of their nation. The events you have listed are irrelevant. None of them are of any topic that any nation would take pride in, nor celebrate. None of these events, save for the Chernobyl Overload, are of as much significance as ANZAC Day. Frankly, I don't even know how cynical you would have to be to criticize the remembrance of war casualties. If you're not going to be respectful, then why post in this thread?
    You're basically telling an American that he shouldn't be celebrating July 4th, but instead, the deaths of the many people who fought in the Boer Wars. Not only that, but you're also basically telling a family mourning the recent loss of a child that they should stop complaining and start caring about other things.
    Last edited by xxSharpfirexx; 05-04-2014 at 03:33 PM.

Thank you.

That's not what I was doing. I was in no way being disrespectful, I was only stating some events in history that were close to that day and wasn't encouraging you to "celebrate them". We don't celebrate a remembrance day, we mourn it, or have moments of silence. So I was just stating similar events around the same date.

You said they were close and similiar. THEY ARE MOSTLY NOT WAR RELATED JUST DISASTER/TERRORISM/DISASTERS. You think we celebrate that? WE HAVE 10 minutes of silence and we go through half of my schools work time to go to a ceremony and also a 2 thirds of the rest of the work time is based on it. (Yes I'm still in SCHOOL not saying whether high school or primary but lets just say the works to easy and my grades are too high for my year level and I'm not in year 6 or below).

Quote Originally Posted by JamesKiro View Post
    You said they were close and similiar. THEY ARE MOSTLY NOT WAR RELATED JUST DISASTER/TERRORISM/DISASTERS. You think we celebrate that? WE HAVE 10 minutes of silence and we go through half of my schools work time to go to a ceremony and also a 2 thirds of the rest of the work time is based on it. (Yes I'm still in SCHOOL not saying whether high school or primary but lets just say the works to easy and my grades are too high for my year level and I'm not in year 6 or below).
    I said they were close in terms of date...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast