Arcade Prehacks

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

DayZ Journal 2-Day 2-Hostile Encounter

I reach Kamyshovo. The first thing that I noticed was the absence of alive zombies. There were plenty of dead ones, implying that other survivors are here. I managed to find myself some canned pasta and a soda. I also found a shack containing a flare. The abundance of dead zombies started to get scary. Whoever killed them, had a lot of ammunition, which in term ment that they were bandits.

After some more searching, I find a body belonging to a dead survivor. Based on the model, the survivor wasn't a bandit. The survivor's weapon had been looted, but some ammunition remained. It was the type of munition you see in assault rifles, such as the Ak47. The survivor also had a can of beans. Then, I hear something that I definitely didn't want to hear:

Gunfire.

I couldn't see or hear the bullets hitting anything, so the shots were not directed at me. Upon closer listening, the sound of gunfire was coming from two different weapons. The first sound I thought to be a some sort of handgun. The other gun was definitely a rifle.

After moving towards the western end of the town, I could spot some movement. I went prone to the grass, and I saw another survivor. His status was not showing up on the bottom of my screen, so he was a hostile. He appeared to have a pistol. I wasn't too far, so I probably could have taken the bandit down with my pistol, but I didn't want to risk giving up my position to any other bandit.

I left the proximity of Kamyshovo, and went back after getting some distance between me and the bandit. I approached the town through the forest nearby and went prone on a nearby cliff. Sure enough, I saw, who I presumed, was the other shooter. He appeared to be holding a rifle. It wasn't military grade, but it seemed to be a heavier weapon than a Lee Einfield. After observing a while, I saved and exited.

So, what do you guys think of this series? Let me know. If you have any tips, I am happy to hear those too.
    Last edited by Capitano; 07-08-2014 at 07:20 PM.

dont you have 2 ai shooters

If you are talking about the two friendlies, I had to RESTART the whole world, remember? My Arma didn't work, so I had to re-install it. I had to start a new game, from the beginning. Capiche?

ok
    now i get it

DayZ Journal - Day 3 - Ghost City

The bandit sniper started moving west. I followed under the protection of the forest. After about five minutes of our game of Cat and Mouse, I saw more moving figures.

It appears that the bandit had friends.

Three, in fact. One of the bandits was too far for me to tell what he had, but the other two sported pistols. One of the bandits was female, the other one was male. None of them had yet to see me. I figured it was a bit too dangerous to be stalking four armed bandits, so I continued west.

My next destination was Elektro, a rather large city. In online, the place is extremely dangerous, but in single player I was willing to take my chances. Elektro also had some good loot, so my trip there was important.

On my way I managed to find two other survivors. Friendlies. With my new friends, I reached the outskirts of Elektro. Once again, only dead zombies remained. Now I started suspecting a bug in my ArmA, that made all these zombies dead.

I slowly moved through the city, fearing bandits could be anywhere. A stronger weapon was a priority. I managed to find your normal canned goods and bandages. I broke into the nearby hospital, and stockpiled some medical supplies to my friend's backpack. (I figured out how to make them stop) I did the same thing at the local supermarket.

In my previous playthroughs I learned, that the chapels are excellent locations to find other friendly survivors. Once again I find friendlies there. There were two men there, increasing my party to five members, with me included.

Right before I exited, I managed to find a box of matches, which are crucial if you want to cook something. I saved and exited on top of a building.

DayZ Journal 2 - Day 4 - First Blood

Me and my group of survivors continued to investigate Elektro. I knew it was possible to find weapons in cities, which I needed. After some searching, I got lucky. I managed to find an AKS-47 Kobra. According to the DayZ Mod Wiki, the Kobra isn't a common weapon. It is a scoped assault rifle, with a range of 300 meters. It takes about 3 body shots to kill a zombie with this weapon.

I noticed something smoking at the other side of a nearby hill. I went to investigate it. It was a helicopter crash site, like I assumed, but unfortunately the heli was bugged, so I couldn't loot it. Disappointing.

I went back to Elektro. I searched the city, and managed to find a hatchet and a toolbox, two really handy items. During the investigations, I found a bandit without ant weapons. Gladly, the AI friendlies only shoot after being shot at, so I managed to approach him. He was alone, he had a ghillie suit on, but his inventory was almost empty. I couldn't risk having him around, so I killed him with a headshot from my M1911.

After that, nothing really interesting happened. I saved in the city.
    Last edited by Capitano; 07-10-2014 at 12:26 PM. Reason: Reasons.

Feedback..?

So, what do you guys think of this series? I like to see the thread view count going up, but I would love to hear some feedback from you.

Also, I learned that ArmA 3 has its own DayZ, and that has its own DayZ SP mod. So, when I finish (or most likely, die) in my ArmA 2 Journal, I will try ArmA 3.

DayZ Journal - Day 5 - Cowardly Commander

After deciding I had spent enough time wandering Elektro, I started making my way to the inner part of the DayZ map. I wasn't ready to go to Cherno yet. My first pit stop was a collection of human settlements near the Topolka Dam. I managed to figure out how to control your AI friends, so I sent them to cover the area before I followed.

The area's loot could have been better, but at least I got one of my friends a Winchester. With the compass I found in Elektro, I headed west. I reached a small village called Pusta. The city was derived of any action, and the loot wasn't anything special.

My goal here was to find a vehicle, then travel to North, especially an airfield.

Quote Originally Posted by Capitano View Post
    So, what do you guys think of this series? I like to see the thread view count going up, but I would love to hear some feedback from you.

Also, I learned that ArmA 3 has its own DayZ, and that has its own DayZ SP mod. So, when I finish (or most likely, die) in my ArmA 2 Journal, I will try ArmA 3.
    when do you think you will finish it

When I die, or when I feel like it.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast