Arcade Prehacks

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    how is it buggy?

Because DayZ wad built upon the Arma 2 engine, the newer Arma 3 engine is not fully compatible with it. Right now the bugs are being fixed, but it is still very buggy, and some features from Arma 2 DayZ had to be removed from the Arma 3 counterpart. The lovely features from Arma 3 DayZ include:
    Horribly broken AI
    Items disappearing from your inventory
    Stairs barely work, you fall through them and die
    Water doesn't always work, sometimes you fall through and die
    Sometimes zombies spawn right in your face, which probably will result in your death
    Random crashing
    Weapon spawning is buggy, will probably result in your death
    Randomly falling through a bush and dying
    AND helicopter crash sites are usually bugged and unlootable. (This can happen in Arma 2 as well)

LOL
    that sounds funny

Well, LOL, it really isn't.

DayZ Journal - Day 7 - Lone Wolf Once More

I head east. My plan is to get to the east coast and travel the coastline to north. I stop by at Msta, another really small village. As expected, Msta really didn't have any decent loot, aside from some ammo for my M1911. After Msta, I continued east.

By now, my group of survivors was too big to move. With this bad DayZ AI, and my inexperience in controlling them, I had troubles getting them to follow them. I had still no idea where I screwed up, but I couldn't get some of my men to follow me. So, I decided, from now on I was going to move alone. I got a bigger backpack from one of my survivors, and made them all stop. I was a lone wolf once more.

With just me, the trip goes rather fast. I reach the east coast, and I see a city. According to my map, the city is Solichniy. The city had some wandering zombies, but I managed to slip by the undead horde. I climbed the near water tower (I presume it is a water tower) and had a look around. Solichniy seemed to be a moderately sized city, with a small amount of zombies. Then I hear something over the roar of the sea: a helicopter. I look up, and it seemed the heli isn't after me. It's heading north. I follow the heli, before it goes out of sight. I saved and exited shortly thereafter.

DayZ Journal - Day 8 - Problems

After checking out Solichniy, I notice the small town of Orloets on my map. Normally, Orlovets isn't anything worthwhile. It's a small town with not much loot besides some basic supplies, empty cans and maybe some pistol ammo. But it is marked red on my map. I decide to investigate.

Turns out Orlovets was as empty as always. There is a factory nearby, but I didn't bother to go there.

My next destination was Berezino, the third biggest city in Chernarus. After reaching Berezino, I noticed some zombies on a hill. After checking a enterable building, the same zombies where dead. I didn't hear any gunshots, and I would've noticed a fight. My suspicions of a bug were confirmed. That's the same reason why I haven't seen any bandits.

After investigating Berezino a while, I decided, that a plan was overdue.

I was going to get to the International Airport, and hopefully find myself a working vehicle. Also, Cherno was the only big city I had not been to yet. A trip there was also planned. Both of those places should have bandits. If I don't find any, my DayZ is bugged, and I will have to restart.

In your mind. You see me, don't you? No? Well, let me just change a few things to my liking.
    I actually like reading these posts, it's as if reading from a survivor surviving from some apocalypse and thus putting his heart and soul into this diary for someone in the near furture to read it and witness what his fate was. Keep it up, it's really interesting. You know when you've played DayZ and decide to quit, after that do you write what you've done on APH? And exactly what you have done? It looks like you have plenty of time in your hands to write stories and play games.

I'll keep that in mind. Unfortunately I had to stop playing that world because of frequent bugs.

Please do not stop this journal but rather continue this in another world but do it on multiplayer because it helps create a better story and makes it interesting and there is no ai for survivors but only the zombies and bandits(I think)

I will maybe continue this thread. I won't go online because my copy of Arma is pirated.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234