Arcade Prehacks

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Banned
    Out of personal experience, I think that a DLL injection technique would work best - it's cleaner than messing straightforward with bytecode, and I tend to find it more enjoyable working that way.

One more thing - you didn't specify a method to recompile the bytecode, unless you are referring to remaking the whole DLL. Maybe it is that I don't understand what you mean?

Yeah a DLL injection should work but i never worked with that technique before. So i can't tell you if it is easier or not as i have no clue.

Whenever i hack a game i change the files directly, probably because thats the way it was done back in days of DOS. When i first got internet it was easy to find hex codes for cheating savegames or the actual .exe files. Nowadays you have decompilers/disassemblers that can aid you in hacking games by making it much easier to find and alter bytecode.

I should probably call the method disassembling/assembling rather then decompiling/compiling because that is what it is. What the assemblers actually do to alter the .dll? I don't know they simply let me save an altered version of an .dll with the push of a button. I am just using tools others put together.

Quote Originally Posted by ZuckeR View Post
    Yeah a DLL injection should work but i never worked with that technique before. So i can't tell you if it is easier or not as i have no clue.

Whenever i hack a game i change the files directly, probably because thats the way it was done back in days of DOS. When i first got internet it was easy to find hex codes for cheating savegames or the actual .exe files. Nowadays you have decompilers/disassemblers that can aid you in hacking games by making it much easier to find and alter bytecode.

I should probably call the method disassembling/assembling rather then decompiling/compiling because that is what it is. What the assemblers actually do to alter the .dll? I don't know they simply let me save an altered version of an .dll with the push of a button. I am just using tools others put together.
    Whats a DLL injection?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12