Arcade Prehacks

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Robin Williams died

Quote Originally Posted by SUM1 View Post
    I'm not bothered tbh I never knew him. In fact I hate how people are clogging my feeds with him when there are others dying around the world in far worse cases of depression. I hate celebrity death glamorisation.
    i was thinking the same thing! it was his choice to die but...... millions of people are dying in palestine and other countries and they don't even choose to die no one absolutely cares about them! a million lives are better than 1

You guys are being giant assholes. Hurr, y care about this guy when there are millions dying in africa!!!! Do you guys even read what you write? Chill out.
    RIP Robin Williams.

You guys might think using the excuse of the deaths of others might be a good point. But you guys are still being disgustingly disrespectful to a dead man.

This thread is depressing. People do die everyday, but did they have an impact on most people's lives (or at least as much as Robin Williams did)? No. So it makes sense that people would mourn Robin and not Tom Somebody from down the street.

The point that SUM1, djmario2 and ChaoticCHAOS99 are trying to make is that the world stops and mourns ANY celebrity death and forgets the people that died just trying to survive.

Instead of honoring the people that give their lives for you or try to make the world a better place, we make heroes out of celebrities that couldn't care about you in the first place.

And that’s the point.

No, it's very clear that they aren't lamenting the fact that celebrities' deaths are glorified. Rather, they're mocking Robin William's death. "He committed suicide, so it's his fault, why should we care? There are cases of depression far worse." Of course we should care, because society as a whole fails to understand the severity of depression. No, people cannot just "get over it". People with depression fail to see the point of living, telling them that "everything will be better" does not work, and everyone else fails to understand this. Why should we care? Because they're ****ing people too, and we should all look out for each other.
    Quote Originally Posted by djmario2
    Oh boo hoo! What a tragedy. He also committed suicide so it was literally his choice, and yet apparently its still a big thing. It was his choice, who cares?
    You are a disgusting human being.

Quote Originally Posted by ChaoticCHAOS999
    a million lives are better than 1
    Never mind, screw those guys. It's their own fault they have depression. Why should we care about these people, when there are millions dying from starvation??????????!!!!!!! There are very clear reasons why people do not "care" about those starving in Africa, across the world, and because you three obviously cannot afford the time to stop to think about it, I'll put it in an easy format so you won't have to dedicate too much time in processing this information.

1. The starving people are far away. As the saying goes, "out of sight, out of mind". You cannot see the children starving, so it is not prevalent in first world's minds. You cannot see the change before your eyes, as you can with those with depression. You cannot see the village, the people, slowly get better, as you can with local issues. What are you going to do, fly over to Africa so you can get thanked personally? No, most people keep their own money so they have "insurance" that they'll be able to stay on their feet incase something bad happens.

2. Logistics are too hard. Lets see you three plan an entire expedition to a country overseas. Remember to pack enough food so the starving people will be well fed, because trips like this are expensive. Where are you going to get the money from? Taxpayers? Every dollar you spend helping another country is another dollar that you can't spend to help yourself. Oh wait, did you forget to bring guards? Looks like your trip just got raided by militia, who are also hungry. Except, unlike the villagers that you wish to bring the food to, they're armed. How are you going to stop them? With your kind words? Unlike us, for them, it is literally life or death; they aren't going to give the food up. This brings us to our next point. Also, good luck finding the village in the first place.

3. No one wants their kid to die for someone across the world. You're going to be defending yourself against disease, famine, animals, and militia. And, for what? So you may or may not be able to feed a village? You will never meet them, they will never meet you. And, if things go wrong, which they always do, you'll never be meeting your son again.

4. It is human psychology to justify the suffering of others. Why? Because no one wants to know the world is wild, crazy, and unruled. It helps people sleep at night, keep them functioning, to believe that the bad guys get the punishment, and the good guys get rewarded. They would much rather believe the universe has order. What do you think the concept of karma is? Have any of you read the reports after the Jamestown Mass Suicide? All the reports claimed that the participants were "crazy religious fanatics", but they were just normal people. To know that "**** happens" to everyone, people get paranoid, people get uncooperative, and people get doubtful. To sum up the point, why would you help out someone else who's suffering? They obviously did something bad to deserve it, right? To believe otherwise is to admit that you can also end up in their same predicament eventually.

millions of people are dying in palestine and other countries and they don't even choose to die no one absolutely cares about them!
    If no one "absolutely cares about them", then how do you even read it on news websites? If they didn't care, they wouldn't write many many articles about the Middle East, at all. If you knew anything at all, then you'd know why action has been limited. There is a MASSIVE genocide occurring in the Middle East, with Israel being the murderers. What are you going to do, wage war on Israel in retaliation? First of all, good luck getting that prospect through the government. I'm sure everyone would LOVE to die for a conflict that isn't in the least relevant to them. Not even that, good luck beating Israel and its allies. I hope your economy can survive World War III. Okay, so you can denounce them, then. Many countries have done so already, and Israel really cared! After all, MK Hasson, the former head security of Israel, really did go through a ton of effort to tell the rest of the world to **** off.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yisrael Hasson
    NATO bombed 5,000 civilians in Kosovo just because it was insulted; 27,000 Iraqi civilians were bombed during the American invasion because they posed a danger to the US; there is not a country in the world that can talk to us about morality.
    So then what can you do? Supply the Hamas? Arm the civilians so they can defend their homeland? You're ****ing crazy to think of such a thing, and I'm not even going to explain why because it's so obvious. Gee, it really looks like people can't do anything in the Middle East! From a brain that hasn't even fully developed's point of view: no action = apathy. What, you're telling me you can't stop a modernized country? You obviously just don't care!
    a million lives are better than 1
    What's really interesting is how hesitant the who people say this all the time are when they realize they are the 1.

Since you shining examples of humankind obviously care about the starving children in Africa and dying people in the Middle East so much, how much have you contributed to the cause? Have you donated any money? Have you all protested?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12