Arcade Prehacks

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

I have some things I want to get off my chest...

Because that's what social media is for, right?

What's the deal with Pewdiepie? He is, in a nutshell, just a young Swede who plays games and uses bad language a bit too often. I do think that other people could do the same. Some might say he is downright annoying. And yet his channel is the most subscribed YouTube channel. Why? And even more annoying than the Pewds is his boneheaded fans. Say one thing, one reasonable, smart, true thing, the comments are flooded with hateful objections usually in the form like this.

"Uh, what are ya talking about pewdipie is awesome you biatch"

I also don't like Minecraft in YouTube. I have no problems with the game, but how it makes channels all about itself. Take for example a channel called Popularmmos. It was a descent channel and all, until Minecraft became the most dominant thing on the said channel. It's not the game that makes the channel, it should be the opposite.

I have more, but my keyboard is a bit broken, so till next time.
    Last edited by Capitano; 09-06-2014 at 04:24 PM.

I agree completely, mine craft is more a solo game. I also downright hate Pewds. If you ask me Tobuscus is better. Pewds just curses way too much.

Personally. I don't care for either Minecraft or Pewdiepie. But I don't hate them either. That's my two cents.

in my personal opinion i kinda like pewdiepie sometimes he swears way too much but sometimes is funny. i also agree about minecraft some channels are now PURELY minecraft

Any fan will defend thier favorite artist, sport team, whatever because once they like something they'll defend it against everyone that has a difference to it.

Case in point Barely Political made a parody of the google glasses called PewDiePie Reinvents Google Glass. The Bro Army came out in force to defend Pewdiepie, and they didn't even know he like it until Barely Political made thier PewDiePie Google Glass - Comments Video!!

And to help support me is
    A Dose of Buckley
    . He will tell you like it is any why it's that way also. Now Buckley work in the music industry and his channel is mostly about it but he talks (rants) about everything.
    Here are some links his that will help explain it:
    Dubstep - A Dose of Buckley
    Music Fans - A Dose of Buckley
    Brand Loyalty - A Dose of Buckley
    Brand Loyalty 2 - A Dose of Buckley

The rant continues...

One thing that pisses me of is the fact that many gamers say they want innovation in gaming. Something new, something original. But why do shameless cashgrabs, (ala. CoD) sell more and more with every installment, and games like Beyond Good And Evil, Shadow Of The Colossus and Okami, games praised to no end sell abysmally less?

Look at the Mario games for example. The best selling Mario games are always the 2D-platformers, games unwilling to break the mold of standard Mario titles. Or look at the Gamecube. It has some of the greatest and innovative games of all time like Pikimin, Resident Evil and Eternal Darkness. But what did really sell on the GameCube? Super Smash. Bros. and Mario Kart.

Flappy Bird. God damn Flappy Bird. How did Flappy Bird become a such a huge thing is beyond me. Probably because PewDiePie made a video of it. Thanks a lot Pewds.

But really, I kinda like the original game. I have nothing against it. It is strangely addictive, and it's free. But it's not a thing that deserves to be the biggest mobile hit since Candy Crush. There's so many Flappy Bird knockoffs that it could very well be considered it's own genre. I hate it when small things get magnified like that.

Oh yeah, there's the OTHER slightly overrated franchise involving birds...

I kinda agree in you,because pewdiepie curses too much and half of the internet is made up of children and teens and they kinda get those cursive words from youtube and other social media

And seriously every fan have some sort of trigger every time their favorite get something very offensive
    Last edited by ZuckeR; 09-16-2014 at 02:15 PM. Reason: Merged double post

Quote Originally Posted by Capitano View Post
    One thing that pisses me of is the fact that many gamers say they want innovation in gaming. Something new, something original. But why do shameless cashgrabs, (ala. CoD) sell more and more with every installment, and games like Beyond Good And Evil, Shadow Of The Colossus and Okami, games praised to no end sell abysmally less?
    Before you start, please define what you mean by "innovative". You throw the term around like a middle schooler with swear words.
    I'm going to tell you something that will blow your mind. The gaming community is composed of hundreds of millions of people, and you cannot generalize them so easily. "Liek, oh mah gosh, gamerzz are so contradictory lolz!!!!" No. When you talk about gamers, you are talking about the whole populace: PC gamers, console gamers, phone gamers all together. No **** people like innovation, a mixup in the standard formula for games. Here's the thing. PC gamers are the only ones who get the innovative games, which usually developed by indies. This is because games on PC do not require publishers, or any contracts with corporations to launch their game. Meanwhile, develop a game on console, you better sign a contract with a major publisher who will take a substantial cut from your profits, and you'll have to pay a massive fee to purchase rights from Microsoft/Sony.
    There are less games available on the consoles, and the Call of Duty series has always been prominent. People buy games that are fun and reliable. The Call of Duty series has remained consistent, rarely changing its formula, and it's fun. Yes, I said it. Call of Duty is fun to play. Also, a major component of video game sales is hype. Want to know some games that were hyped to be successful at launch, despite their **** quality? Assassins' Creed 3. Watch_Dogs. Total War: Rome 2. Destiny. Activision has always been amazing at producing trailers and generating attention for their games.
    Want to know why games praised to no end sell "abysmally less"? I'm going to blow your mind again, stay buckled in tight. Nostalgia. We hold things in our past to an impossible degree of respect and value. Shadow of the Colossus was a good game, and it's considered a perfect game primarily because it was a game released in the past. I have no idea what you mean by "sell abysmally less". You're going to have to provide sources.
    The reason why party games sold the best on the Gamecube, also known as the Nintendo Gamecube, is because Nintendo is all about playing with your friends. They don't publish ridiculous action shooter singleplayer games, because they know they can't compete with the others. They focus on their own little niche. Nintendo sells you games that you can play with your buds. It's no surprise that those games are the most successful on the console. After all, the creators of the console developed these games. And I can't think of any other reasons to explain their popularity.

Your right about call of duty although I do not know why most people hate the installment when the original games are very decent and fun to play and also people say that this sucks or this is a very bad game yet they continue to play it after giving negative views

Quote Originally Posted by Rookie06 View Post
    Your right about call of duty although I do not know why most people hate the installment when the original games are very decent and fun to play and also people say that this sucks or this is a very bad game yet they continue to play it after giving negative views
    one word........ hypocrites

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast