Arcade Prehacks

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Call of Duty is already the basis for success in video games. Call of Duty does not need to change anything to be more "successful", when it has been proven time and time again their fanbase will buy everything released. On the scale of development fees versus profit, they've already reached the best point, where they have to spend little to get big dosh. It's ****ing blatant, too; they don't make any attempts to hide it. Look at this one example.

Besides, it's not like the fanbase even knows what they want. They don't even know what each Call of Duty game is actually named. I can't count anymore the amount of times I've heard a COD game referred to by their "number", e.g., Call of Duty: Black Ops -> Call of Duty 7. It only just proves how recycled the game series is.

Call of Duty 4: Remove n00b tube! Remove Martyrdom! Activision listens. Grenade launcher has been nerfed to ****, martyrdom completely removed.
    Call of Duty: World at War: Remove Juggernaut! Infinity Ward listens. Juggernaut removed as a perk, but martyrdom brought back because otherwise they wouldn't have anymore content anymore. Game becomes more noob friendly with deathstreaks.
    Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2: Remove Stopping Power! Activision listens. Stopping power was the dominant tier 2 perk in MW2. Perk tiers overhauled; series is at its most balanced state.
    Call of Duty: Black Ops: And then the fanbase wanted Stopping Power back, because no perk was as obviously good as SP.

pew sucks ....

Part 3...

I faintly remember the time when DayZ was a simple ArmA 2 mod. Even on its early stages, it was immensely fun. And the players that played it were generally intelligent, not like CoD's idiot 12-year-olds. So what happened? DayZ got popular. DayZ Standalone was released. Being someone, who appreciates a good player base, I was more than annoyed to see those 12-year-olds in DayZ.

And now DayZ, even in early release, is a bit too popular for its own good. And then are the millions of DayZ inspired games. Not clones for say, but the similarities are there.

Oh and the new CoD is out. More of the same with a future painjob. And is Sharpfire a CoD fanboy? Hey it's cool to give your own opinion, but don't go so haywire.
    Last edited by Capitano; 11-20-2014 at 06:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Capitano View Post
    And is Sharpfire a CoD fanboy?
    I support the series as much as you support reading comprehension.

I have complimented the series one time, and that was just a simple "it's fun". I've been bashing everything about the series, the developers, the recycling, even the fanbase, every other time I've talked about it. Yes, the new Call of Duty is out. It's been made completely by Sledgehammer Games, the first time neither Infinity Ward nor Treyarch worked on a main title COD game. I've played only the campaign so far, and I can tell you right now that it is as much as "more of the same with a future painjob" as Star Wars Episode I, II, and III were just more of the Original Trilogy with a past paintjob. Gameplay's fun, and they've definitely pulled the series out of the truck wreck that was Ghosts, with all the advertisements, corporate deals, and trash DLCs. I'd even say that it has a better campaign than BO2, which had the best campaign, tied with COD4. Good plot and characters. Really got to know the characters and form attachments, because the pacing was also very very good in AW. Not like the ****stain Ghosts was, where the cast basically die the mission they're introduced. Basically, the game adds a refreshing new element with the exosuits.

Quote Originally Posted by Capitano
    Hey it's cool to give your own opinion, but don't go so haywire.
    No, I think it'd be more accurate to your actual meaning if you had said instead "don't disagree with me". If you don't want a discussion in which I argue about your points and present my own, and instead, a thread where you can freely rant, then don't post on a message board. Don't want me telling your opinions are wrong? Go talk to a brick wall, because that'd equivalent to what you'd be looking for.

Quote Originally Posted by xxSharpfirexx View Post
    I support the series as much as you support reading comprehension.

I have complimented the series one time, and that was just a simple "it's fun". I've been bashing everything about the series, the developers, the recycling, even the fanbase, every other time I've talked about it. Yes, the new Call of Duty is out. It's been made completely by Sledgehammer Games, the first time neither Infinity Ward nor Treyarch worked on a main title COD game. I've played only the campaign so far, and I can tell you right now that it is as much as "more of the same with a future painjob" as Star Wars Episode I, II, and III were just more of the Original Trilogy with a past paintjob. Gameplay's fun, and they've definitely pulled the series out of the truck wreck that was Ghosts, with all the advertisements, corporate deals, and trash DLCs. I'd even say that it has a better campaign than BO2, which had the best campaign, tied with COD4. Good plot and characters. Really got to know the characters and form attachments, because the pacing was also very very good in AW. Not like the ****stain Ghosts was, where the cast basically die the mission they're introduced. Basically, the game adds a refreshing new element with the exosuits.
    i agree i also think that AW is a refreshing game, the exo suits add more fun makes rushing more fun and can get you out of spawn traps easily(use invisibility then boost jump to the enemy). Also the attachments are balanced unlike Black ops 2 and ghosts with the tracker sights that made the gun OP and the last thing i wanted to add was most of the scorestreaks and weapons are quite balanced

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123