Arcade Prehacks

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Yep hypocrites and I'll admit I am a Cod fan

CoD is pretty fun in my opinion and i still play MW3 to this day. im sure some people will be giving me hate just because of that but i don't care its my opinion people and you can't change that

Quote Originally Posted by xxSharpfirexx View Post
    Before you start, please define what you mean by "innovative". You throw the term around like a middle schooler with swear words.
    I'm going to tell you something that will blow your mind. The gaming community is composed of hundreds of millions of people, and you cannot generalize them so easily. "Liek, oh mah gosh, gamerzz are so contradictory lolz!!!!" No. When you talk about gamers, you are talking about the whole populace: PC gamers, console gamers, phone gamers all together. No **** people like innovation, a mixup in the standard formula for games. Here's the thing. PC gamers are the only ones who get the innovative games, which usually developed by indies. This is because games on PC do not require publishers, or any contracts with corporations to launch their game. Meanwhile, develop a game on console, you better sign a contract with a major publisher who will take a substantial cut from your profits, and you'll have to pay a massive fee to purchase rights from Microsoft/Sony.
    There are less games available on the consoles, and the Call of Duty series has always been prominent. People buy games that are fun and reliable. The Call of Duty series has remained consistent, rarely changing its formula, and it's fun. Yes, I said it. Call of Duty is fun to play. Also, a major component of video game sales is hype. Want to know some games that were hyped to be successful at launch, despite their **** quality? Assassins' Creed 3. Watch_Dogs. Total War: Rome 2. Destiny. Activision has always been amazing at producing trailers and generating attention for their games.
    Want to know why games praised to no end sell "abysmally less"? I'm going to blow your mind again, stay buckled in tight. Nostalgia. We hold things in our past to an impossible degree of respect and value. Shadow of the Colossus was a good game, and it's considered a perfect game primarily because it was a game released in the past. I have no idea what you mean by "sell abysmally less". You're going to have to provide sources.
    The reason why party games sold the best on the Gamecube, also known as the Nintendo Gamecube, is because Nintendo is all about playing with your friends. They don't publish ridiculous action shooter singleplayer games, because they know they can't compete with the others. They focus on their own little niche. Nintendo sells you games that you can play with your buds. It's no surprise that those games are the most successful on the console. After all, the creators of the console developed these games. And I can't think of any other reasons to explain their popularity.
    #My opinion. Did I swear?

Also, CoD is not a bad game by being "bad", it is a bad franchise for shamelessly ripping consumers off by releasing the same game over and over again.

And the part of games selling abysmally less, you did seem to miss my point. Did I say that Shadow Of The Colossus was a perfect game? I said they were praised.
    Last edited by Capitano; 09-20-2014 at 03:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by xxSharpfirexx
    You throw the term around like a middle schooler with swear words.
    Quote Originally Posted by Capitano
    Did I swear?
    No, but apparently you can't read. Middle schoolers swear a lot. Maybe you haven't gotten that far yet, who knows. You say variations of "innovative" and make references to the lack of innovation very frequently. Understand the analogy now?

If you don't like the franchise, then don't support the company. #youropinion. I think what Activision is doing is a legitimate business tactic. I dislike what Call of Duty is doing, and I won't argue that it isn't screwing people over. As a gamer, I hate them for stagnating FPS games. Most FPS games are basically bad reskins of Call of Duty. What can you expect when a game has become so mainstream, it has killed off all competition? Look at EA with their Madden NFL series. They've bought out rights to be the only company producing NFL games, and they're perfectly content to resell the same game over and over again. Take a look at this for a quick laugh.

And as to your Shadow of the Colossus paragraph, my mistake. The point in that text was so subtle, I didn't even realize there was one. But then again, if all you have to say is "I said they were praised, not perfect", then I guess there wasn't really a point after all. Want to know why they sell "abysmally less"? (again, source please). Because there's only one game in the series. I have no idea how you are judging their success, but by numbers seems to be the most likely, because they were very successful when they were first released. Too many a series has been killed by greedy executives hoping to make another quick buck without proper development. The first game surprises the gamer. The second game is always held up to the hype of the original. Take a look at Bioshock, for example. And don't tell me Pikmin 2 was as good as the original. Call of Duty pulls it off because it has accrued so many diehard fanboys. So, why did those games sell less? Bad sequels, lack of sequels, lack of ten year olds. Choose some.

My, my someone woke up on the wrong foot today...

You have your own opinions, that's fine, but no need to be so aggressive.

Wait what is a phone gamer?

I see your point and wonder how I hadn't thought of it before. I agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Capitano View Post
    Some might say he is downright annoying. And yet his channel is the most subscribed YouTube channel. Why? And even more annoying than the Pewds is his boneheaded fans. Say one thing, one reasonable, smart, true thing, the comments are flooded with hateful objections usually in the form like this.
    That's a pretty big generalization there.
    you callin me a bonehead m8?
    Jokes aside.

I for one, am subscribed to him, i will admit that...BUT I very rarely watch him, but occasionally he does upload something funny.
    Asking why he's the most subscribed you-tuber is like saying why does Justin Bieber have so many fans when he's a complete idiot.
    It's society we cant really do much without a big influence.

Also, its youtube...the intelligence on that community consists of an IQ of a squirrel to goddamn Einstein (very rare trust me, but there is smart people on it)
    Individuals get bashed on for different views in life as well so It's not just YouTube.

Also, after reading Sharpfires posts...LOL that's all I have to say. Kudos man I agree with you on some of your statements. btw, that picture is pretty funny of the mw2 "boycott".
    Well, that's my opinion at least.
    Last edited by XxDarknessAngelxX; 09-28-2014 at 04:17 PM.

COD developed the formula to success at a perfect time. Accruing a huge, loyal fan base. And continuously releasing games with the same game style, but different plots. That's the key to their success. An indie game that isn't so readily supported will never accrue such staggering numbers in the gaming sector. It's just not physically possible. Let's not forget that people know what they're getting out of a COD single as well.

CoD is basically the same Fps game but with different controls,graphics, maps; sizes,different guns, lag and TTK if CoD actually had completely different stuff in it,it would be more popular. And seriously it annoys me so much the community asks for new stuff,they get it then they complain.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast