Arcade Prehacks

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    As a CISO for a startup, you would be suprised what crap can be thrown into an kind of file extention. I also see that yes, you have been here since 2009, just not very active. I've been here since 2013 with 400+ posts.
    What exactly is the value of downloading the game vs playing right here on APH?

You are not downloading the game itself. You are downloading a save file that you can use in the game. When you go in the game, when you are selecting which save to play, you can choose to restore a save game and you can restore the save file that you downloaded from my video description. So you will still be playing the game here at APH. The point of downloading this save file is that it has the best guns, rather than wasting hours of time trying to get them through the lottery, it's already there for you to use. Unlike SFH3, there is no hack for SFH2 to get the perfect guns in the lottery. Also, since you are some expert programmer, you might know ways to add a bunch of malware to the .sfh2 extension (which I highly doubt is possible), but there must be some way for that malware to activate. .sfh2 save files only works if you use it in the game, every other program/computer won't recognize this file. There is no way any kind of malware will work even IF and that's a big IF you manage to add malware to the .sfh2 file. Since .sfh2 is simply a save file and not the game itself, and the fact that it is only a few kilobytes, it is most likely a simple text file but with a .sfh2 extension, and text files cannot have malware.

This is what you see in the game at the very beginning and you can restore the save. click on the image to see it clearer:
    Capture.PNG
    Last edited by charlie5629999; 04-10-2016 at 05:45 PM.

Ah. Now that makes sense. Thanks for the clarification!

No problem

Banned
    I downloaded this already but don't know much better how to play this. hehe

http://imgur.com/a/E9jUr
    Click on the link for detailed installation instructions.
    Last edited by charlie5629999; 05-06-2016 at 02:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by charlie5629999 View Post
    You are not downloading the game itself. You are downloading a save file that you can use in the game. When you go in the game, when you are selecting which save to play, you can choose to restore a save game and you can restore the save file that you downloaded from my video description. So you will still be playing the game here at APH. The point of downloading this save file is that it has the best guns, rather than wasting hours of time trying to get them through the lottery, it's already there for you to use. Unlike SFH3, there is no hack for SFH2 to get the perfect guns in the lottery. Also, since you are some expert programmer, you might know ways to add a bunch of malware to the .sfh2 extension (which I highly doubt is possible), but there must be some way for that malware to activate. .sfh2 save files only works if you use it in the game, every other program/computer won't recognize this file. There is no way any kind of malware will work even IF and that's a big IF you manage to add malware to the .sfh2 file. Since .sfh2 is simply a save file and not the game itself, and the fact that it is only a few kilobytes, it is most likely a simple text file but with a .sfh2 extension, and text files cannot have malware.

This is what you see in the game at the very beginning and you can restore the save. click on the image to see it clearer:
    Capture.PNG
    Unfortunately, MediaFire has been increasingly used for malware and adware. Text files can have malware. Some idiot can just add a malicious code to it and that is enough to cause malware infection. Have you received malspam before? Where illegitimate companies send you malicious invoices? Well, if you view the same malicious email on original text and scroll down to the bottom, you'll see a humongous amount of apparent gibberish which is the code of the malicious invoice. If the last bunch of letters and symbols appear to be a malfunctioning code piece, that is malware. Someone can copy and paste that, and boom, malware infection. This is why text files can have malware in them.

Quote Originally Posted by tchow847 View Post
    Text files can have malware. .
    Stopping you there.

As a Systems Engineer, I'm used to text files. They are designed, formatted, compiled, and codexed to display-only. They do ​not​ run any function. They simply can not do so.

(Apologies if it's harsh, had a long week).

-TZ122

Quote Originally Posted by tchow847 View Post
    Text files can have malware.
    This isn't science fiction. text files is for text only you can't do anything with them. I think you have watched too many tv shows and movies where they show people easily "hacking" something. Computers just simply cannot run code from a text file since it was not made to do so, I think people these days have gotten too confused with whats possible and whats just gibberish made up by tv shows. If you want to see lots and lots of gibberish you should watch CSI CYBER
    Last edited by charlie5629999; 08-21-2016 at 12:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by charlie5629999 View Post
    This isn't science fiction. text files is for text only you can't do anything with them. I think you have watched too many tv shows and movies where they show people easily "hacking" something. Computers just simply cannot run code from a text file since it was not made to do so, I think people these days have gotten too confused with whats possible and whats just gibberish made up by tv shows. If you want to see lots and lots of gibberish you should watch CSI CYBER
    Oh. Never mind, then.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast