Arcade Prehacks

I was noticing something.

Howdy. As I'm sure you didn't know, I spend my free time wandering around, and somewhat recently I was scouting out the disallowed requests and noticed something. Quite a few games that have been requested and denied have been hacked and are up on the site, which interests me quite greatly. For instance, the game Mark of Darkness. I'd put links, but I guess I don't talk enough for that. I could probably find others if I looked some more, too, but I was just wondering, why is that?

Some games are denied because they have sitelocks on them so they can only be used on certain websites

Sitelocks can be bypassed but they are generally honoured by most by respecting the gamer authors obvious choice of not re-distributing it and using it somewhere else

Some sitelocks are removed after some weeks by the game author after the initial launch and so can be hacked after that time so it could be denied because of sitelock but hacked later once sitelock was removed

Unity games used to be denied but since a method of extracting the files and hacking them, they can now be hacked and probably some of the ones previously denied have now been hacked

Adding onto that, we at APH are also limited to certain hackers after A DDoS attack a few years ago (I still remember it today). Also, the hack-a-game rules do change from time to time. We have to disallow games from certain sites because we can't get the game leagly or it violates some other rule.

-TZ122