Arcade Prehacks

Perhaps there should be a VIP user tag on the forums

Little Disclaimer: I tried searching for the term "VIP" to see if anyone else has posted a thread about this in the past but the phrase is too short to be searched for so as a result I have made my own thread. Junior Member, Senior Member, Moderator and Administrator are the common tags we see underneath user's names today. Sure, we can differentiate between staff members and people who have posted a lot and those that haven't, but I feel that there is a group missing from the forums. A group of people that may have not necessarily posted a lot, but they have been loyal to the website for the longest time or they've contributed the most. So, I am proposing the VIP tag. What benefits will it have? Well, it's more of a reward than an award, so apart from just being a tool used for the acknowledgement of members' loyalty, it won't give the VIP members any more power than the regular member when it comes to the forums. Who deserves the VIP tag? Well I think it's rather simple; EVERYONE who has registered before 2009 AND is still active to this day and those whom the community/staff feel deserve the tag for the contributions they have made to the website i.e those with many (well over 1,000) helpful posts and/or those that have hacked many games over the years. I am aware that some people deserving this tag are already staff members, but perhaps they could have two tags at once?

The requirements of gaining this award sounds unfair to those who are post-2009 accounts and i think it wont cause many pre-2009 users to stay active because it is just a tag that does not offer much

Quote Originally Posted by dagamet View Post
    The requirements of gaining this award sounds unfair to those who are post-2009 accounts and i think it wont cause many pre-2009 users to stay active because it is just a tag that does not offer much
    The goal of the tag is not to make those users become active, but it is there to reward those that are active. I didn't mention giving it to post-2009 members directly (post 2009 members could receive it for outstanding contributions as I have mentioned) because it is too early, I believe to give the tag to those members. But you need to ask yourself; at what point should people receive the tag when it comes to being active for years. Obviously those that joined in 2008 would receive if for being active & part of the website for what is 8 years, so as a result the 2009 members could also receive this tag BUT it would be a year later. I think doing it likes I would be fine because of the decreasing amount of old active players. In 8 years time people that registered today would be worthy of the tag. But maybe we should wait until 2018 for the 10 year mark? Maybe at that point a member deserved the tag.

I'm very supportive of this idea. 100% in favor of.
    [If this does happen, I'm secretly hoping that this would get me a tag: http://www.arcadeprehacks.com/forum/...871-APH-Thanks ]