Arcade Prehacks

Thread: Kali Linux..

Kali Linux..

Anyone Here know alot on using Kali Linux? lol im on it for the first time right now , Sorta confused

i googled it and saw "advanced penetration"... i thought you were referring to something else

Are you sure you want to use Kali? Especially since it sounds like your first Linux distro you try. Most of the tools it includes are for penetration testing and not reverse engineering. This might be somewhat of an overkill if you do not know what all those tools are used for.

If you want to use it for reverse engineering only there are a few tools. Most of what i see are tools for Android (apktool, dex2jar, smali), Java (jad, JD-GUI) and some decompilers/disassemblers for binaries (Capstone, diStorm3, edb-debugger). Maybe look into those tools if you want to get started.

What i can't find in the tools list are programs for Flash or .NET so no luck there unless you find a tool thats available as a debian package and install that yourself.

Also read this: You are being redirected...

Kali is a penetration testing package which has a collection of programs for hacking wifi, bluetooth, http, etc.

Most people use it as a 'Live' CD from a USB stick for hacking wifi passwords using various methods for hacking WEP, WPA2 & WPS

It can be used as a Linux OS but then most of the programs on it you probably won't use

Is there some reason you installed this? What do you need or are trying to do?

Quote Originally Posted by W4N73D1 View Post
    Anyone Here know alot on using Kali Linux? lol im on it for the first time right now , Sorta confused
    Quote Originally Posted by W4N73D1 View Post

Why are you trying to use a wifi hacking program? must be something suspicious... Bjunnumunumunumunumunumunum BUM Bum bum OOH OOH OOH OOH OOH OOH

Lol jk bro, OR AM I??

Yup I really am kidding.

But seriously, why are you trying to use a wifi hacking program?
    Last edited by tchow847; 08-03-2016 at 07:01 AM.

As a linux user, Kali is ​not​ for a first time user. Ubuntu/Debian is a better choice.

Kali is a penetration testing package which has a collection of programs for hacking wifi, bluetooth, http, etc.

Most people use it as a 'Live' CD from a USB stick for hacking wifi passwords using various methods for hacking WEP, WPA2 & WPS

It can be used as a Linux OS but then most of the programs on it you probably won't use

Is there some reason you installed this? What do you need or are trying to do?
    It's designed in good-faith for security testing, not attacking.

I'm a fan of CentOS/Debian.

Quote Originally Posted by tmanzz122 View Post
    It's designed in good-faith for security testing, not attacking.
    I didn't say anything about what it is designed for?

But my opinion is, Yes it is designed primarily for penetration testing but it is also designed for attacking...

Take the wifi group of tools in this package for example. If it was just for security then it would be enough to dump a PSK handshake and calculate the time it would take to either use a dictionary attack or bruteforce given a chosen characterset without actually having to hack the password

It is an open source project and used by penetration testers and hackers alike

I stick by my previous statement regardless what its designed for...
    Most people use it as a 'Live' CD from a USB stick for hacking wifi passwords

Quote Originally Posted by flashgamehacker View Post
    I didn't say anything about what it is designed for?

But my opinion is, Yes it is designed primarily for penetration testing but it is also designed for attacking...

Take the wifi group of tools in this package for example. If it was just for security then it would be enough to dump a PSK handshake and calculate the time it would take to either use a dictionary attack or bruteforce given a chosen characterset without actually having to hack the password

It is an open source project and used by penetration testers and hackers alike

I stick by my previous statement regardless what its designed for...

I completely understand your viewpoint. However, do keep in mind that is is FOSS (free and open source software). Most people are unfortunately very suspicious of it in the first place (due to ignorance mostly)

-TZ122
    Community Support Volunteer

Quote Originally Posted by tchow847 View Post
    Why are you trying to use a wifi hacking program? must be something suspicious... Bjunnumunumunumunumunumunum BUM Bum bum OOH OOH OOH OOH OOH OOH

Lol jk bro, OR AM I??

Yup I really am kidding.

But seriously, why are you trying to use a wifi hacking program?
    I Was Actually Referred to it by a friend so thought id test it.. He actually is into pentesting as well so maybe something i could get into lol Also to Zucker i did see Flasm on it but i think thats it lol so nothing really for flash on there..