Arcade Prehacks

Music Filled Weekend

Wish more of it had been me playing.

Saturday afternoon caught 1 set of a band featuring the lead singer of my old Beatles tribute band - met up there with one the tribute band's guitarist and the bass player.
    Saturday night, had the new open mic up in Nashua. Went well, it was outside (still hot until the sun went down) and we filled the deck with people and had about a dozen sign-ups. The guy I'm cohosting with is a bit of a basketcase, though. Didn't have an acoustic guitar that plugs in, but he used one of the other guy's, and didn't like the LED lights I plugged in when it started to get dark ("they bother my eyes"). I told him to go to the doctor and wear sunglasses!
    After the open mic, I stopped in to see another local band, stayed for a little more than 1 set, then I was beat and went home.
    Sunday, spent the whole afternoon at the Lowell Folk festival (which is really a 'multicultural fest' these days). Saw a hot gospel-type band, Sir Lankan dance/drums, Peking Opera, a rockabilly pianist and band and topped it off with Natalie MacMaster and her husband - Canadian fiddle players.
    Last edited by alexwaston; 01-17-2017 at 07:39 AM.