Arcade Prehacks

Lightbulb A suggestion to add to Arcade Prehacks.

Hello everyone. I got a cool idea to add to Arcade Prehacks, how about a chat system, like Kongregate? This would be awesome, chatting with other players, finding fun glitches, general discussion and more. Even if there already IS a chat system somewhere, a chat system that works with every game (and has at least 5 rooms) will really amplify the experince. Thanks for reading.

Theres only like 15 people here that barely happen to be online at the same time.

There was a chat box in APH, in late 2013 it was removed because of constant spam and lack of any conversations.

like dagamet said the chatbox was constantly filled with continuous spam and real conversations were really rare if not none existent

Oldie chiming in

Quote Originally Posted by GoldenGun View Post
    Hello everyone. I got a cool idea to add to Arcade Prehacks, how about a chat system, like Kongregate? This would be awesome, chatting with other players, finding fun glitches, general discussion and more. Even if there already IS a chat system somewhere, a chat system that works with every game (and has at least 5 rooms) will really amplify the experince. Thanks for reading.
    We used to have a general all-around site chat. It was pulled down due to lack of use (not enough people), lots of spam, and attempted password stealing (I was somewhat responsible for stopping those).
    It would be too much guest-user spam in every game-chat.

Quote Originally Posted by ChaoticCHAOS99 View Post
    like dagamet said the chatbox was constantly filled with continuous spam and real conversations were really rare if not none existent
    It was rather spamming.

Quote Originally Posted by inkoalawetrust View Post
    Theres only like 15 people here that barely happen to be online at the same time.
    We don't have the membership to support an active one.
    Quote Originally Posted by dagamet View Post
    There was a chat box in APH, in late 2013 it was removed because of constant spam and lack of any conversations.
    Yep.

However, I wouldn't mind an IRC room.

-TZ122
    Community Support Volunteer

Quote Originally Posted by tmanzz122 View Post
    We used to have a general all-around site chat. It was pulled down due to lack of use (not enough people), lots of spam, and attempted password stealing (I was somewhat responsible for stopping those).
    It would be too much guest-user spam in every game-chat.

It was rather spamming.

We don't have the membership to support an active one.

Yep.

However, I wouldn't mind an IRC room.

-TZ122
    Community Support Volunteer
    A highly-advanced chat filter could work. Also, why is it hard to support active users?

Quote Originally Posted by tchow847 View Post
    Also, why is it hard to support active users?
    The chances that two or more users being online at same time is low compared to kongregate so it would end up (not counting spam) having a user post something in chat and logging off which some other user comes on and posts something in chat and then logging off and so on. The chat would basically turn into forum

Quote Originally Posted by dagamet View Post
    The chances that two or more users being online at same time is low compared to kongregate so it would end up (not counting spam) having a user post something in chat and logging off which some other user comes on and posts something in chat and then logging off and so on. The chat would basically turn into forum
    You basically said the same thing i did with different words.

Honestly , A Floating Chat on the side of the screen that works on all pages as one chat room would be nice.. Can Slowly Be Updated to ban Spamming and use some sort of Keyword identification to block certain words such as the users password.. or anything close to being a phone number will be blocked, And the chat wont be open to non-registered users.. Since it will work on all pages theres a higher chance of it not ending up being like a forum , I Know i would use it for sure.. Gets kinda boring here since no one really posts on the forums here as often..