Arcade Prehacks

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: General Chat Lounge

Quote Originally Posted by ZuckeR View Post
    Nah, i never noticed something like that but maybe you have set your editor different than mine. I have set it to "Standard Editor - Extra formatting controls"
    Ahh yeah it had something to do with the setting i just swapped it to test it out and it fixed it i believe..

usually when i'd press Reply with quote it would have MeTypingLikeThisUntillIRemovedTheQuote..

I Used to mess with Html for a bit as well , Quite wierd when i seen that embedding a flash game from an online link into a local Html file still let me play it offline lol i guess cause it was 'Cached' But i didnt learn to much cause i sucked at Css lol looked like **** without it

Quote Originally Posted by W4N73D1 View Post
    Ahh yeah it had something to do with the setting i just swapped it to test it out and it fixed it i believe..
    Nice! See, simple is better... sometimes at least.

Quite wierd when i seen that embedding a flash game from an online link into a local Html file still let me play it offline lol i guess cause it was 'Cached'
    If you were really offline as no internet connection than yes it must have still been in cache. If you just loaded it into a local HTML file while still having a connections its different. Flash files only look for their own location when they are loaded to do something like a sitelock. If you load them from the original location it should work fine.

But i didnt learn to much cause i sucked at Css lol looked like **** without it
    That makes us equally ****ty web designers. Basic CSS isn't the problem and creating a simple site that does not totally look bad is also possible. But creating more than just a basic layout is going to look awful. So i stick to other stuff like programming silly tools that no one needs.

That makes us equally ****ty web designers. Basic CSS isn't the problem and creating a simple site that does not totally look bad is also possible. But creating more than just a basic layout is going to look awful. So i stick to other stuff like programming silly tools that no one needs.
    Yeah i was gonna look into CSS3 but Web Development isn't really my thing , Ive tried creating a game in Javascript once using the canvas and it was horrible lol

I Usually make simple tools out of boredom as well when i would like to learn more about the language like right now im messing with Java to make a Color code converter from Hexadecimal to Decimal and vice versa which will change the background color of the application to the color code inputted but as simple as it sounds im a total noob to java and all i got is a simple GUI havnt started to learn about event listeners and such...

I Jump around a lot which is a bad trait for programming , started programming with VB.net but i wanted to try new things and went on a long adventure around the world of programming messing with different languages which is the road i am now stuck on i cant seem to stick to one language , one of the reasons being everything is evolving , i love actionscript 3 but Flash isnt gonna be sticking around apparently , and Java if i could grasp the langauge completely im sure i can have that as my main language but everytime i go to it i leave it.. im a bad programmer lol

Yeah i was gonna look into CSS3 but Web Development isn't really my thing , Ive tried creating a game in Javascript once using the canvas and it was horrible lol
    Yeah i tried that as well but never got to finish anything. It is actually great for creating simple games in a relatively short amount of time. I've just never finished anything because i stop at some point and do other stuff. Thats not the fault of JavaScript though.

I Usually make simple tools out of boredom as well when i would like to learn more about the language
    I think this is actually the best way of learning to work with a certain language. Doing some simple stuff and then maybe get better by doing so. If you switch to another language you could easily recreate those tools to see how that new language works differently. Choose the language by your desired goal/s.

I Jump around a lot which is a bad trait for programming ,... i cant seem to stick to one language
    Well i think the problem with that often is that people do not really know where they want to go and what they want to do. Different languages are good for different things. I wanted to take apart Unity web files so i wrote a tool in C and partially converted that to C++ later. It is all without any UI which i guess would be somewhat easier with C# or Java. But it would be pretty much impossible / unfeasible for JavaScript.

one of the reasons being everything is evolving
    Yeah that is true, especially for the Web right now, where stuff keeps coming up and disappearing every day it seems. But apart from that things like Java, C, C++, C# will be there for quite some time. Just think about it C came out it 1972 and is still going strong.

im a bad programmer lol
    Me too, what we lack is experience i guess. It is just a hobby for me and i don't spend my time professionally with it. I have to read manuals and tutorials on pretty much every little detail to get things done but thats how you learn. Professionals are gonna laugh about your code. Who cares, keep going.

Yeah i tried that as well but never got to finish anything. It is actually great for creating simple games in a relatively short amount of time. I've just never finished anything because i stop at some point and do other stuff. Thats not the fault of JavaScript though.
    I Literally do the same thing lol with every language

I think this is actually the best way of learning to work with a certain language. Doing some simple stuff and then maybe get better by doing so. If you switch to another language you could easily recreate those tools to see how that new language works differently. Choose the language by your desired goal/s.
    My Favorite thing to work with so far is AS3 , tried game development but im not very good at it , Flash hacking is just fun all around but sadly since flash is going out the window im sure ill have to move on soon.

Well i think the problem with that often is that people do not really know where they want to go and what they want to do. Different languages are good for different things. I wanted to take apart Unity web files so i wrote a tool in C and partially converted that to C++ later. It is all without any UI which i guess would be somewhat easier with C# or Java. But it would be pretty much impossible / unfeasible for JavaScript.
    Thats pretty sick , i dont think i could possibly do that yet , Seems like it'd be real complicated , Also i never Tried just standard C , what are your Comments on it? but yeah i know what you mean every language has different means of use..

Yeah that is true, especially for the Web right now, where stuff keeps coming up and disappearing every day it seems. But apart from that things like Java, C, C++, C# will be there for quite some time. Just think about it C came out it 1972 and is still going strong.
    I Noticed those have been around the longest , tried C# , C++ and Java but couldnt seem to stick to any, Though i do want to stick to java cause i want to learn more about Reverse engineering android applications

Me too, what we lack is experience i guess. It is just a hobby for me and i don't spend my time professionally with it. I have to read manuals and tutorials on pretty much every little detail to get things done but thats how you learn. Professionals are gonna laugh about your code. Who cares, keep going.
    The thing here is i actually spend about 16-hours a day coding , every single day lol.. You would think i'd have alot more experience but i guess im just a slow learner

My Favorite thing to work with so far is AS3 , tried game development but im not very good at it , Flash hacking is just fun all around but sadly since flash is going out the window im sure ill have to move on soon.
    Well, if you want to try something similar there is a whole JS suite sponsored by Adobe that kinda works like Flash.
    CreateJS | A suite of JavaScript libraries and tools designed for working with HTML5

Seems like it'd be real complicated
    It is mainly file input and output which is pretty straight forward in C.

Also i never Tried just standard C , what are your Comments on it?
    Well, it is good with a lot of info available online. It can be hard at the beginning but so is C++. I can't really decide if i like C or C++ more with some features in C++ that make it a little easier. There is a lot you can do wrong and a lot to learn but i really want to dig deeper into it. Deeper into C and C++ that is because using C libraries is really simple in C++.

Though i do want to stick to java cause i want to learn more about Reverse engineering android applications
    Yeah so that seems like your goal so you should really keep at it with Java.

The thing here is i actually spend about 16-hours a day coding
    That sounds ridiculous, i could not do sh*t after 10 hours. Really, it seems a bit too much. I would recommend doing this for only as long as 1 or 2 hours. Lay down if you hit a wall and relax, think about the problem for a while. That is what i do every now and then... maybe a bit too often sometimes

Well, if you want to try something similar there is a whole JS suite sponsored by Adobe that kinda works like Flash.
    CreateJS | A suite of JavaScript libraries and tools designed for working with HTML5
    Ill have to check that out soon , i never got into Html5 its just like normal JS?

Well, it is good with a lot of info available online. It can be hard at the beginning but so is C++. I can't really decide if i like C or C++ more with some features in C++ that make it a little easier. There is a lot you can do wrong and a lot to learn but i really want to dig deeper into it. Deeper into C and C++ that is because using C libraries is really simple in C++.
    I'll possibly see if i can make something simple out of it , Maybe this weekend ill start C , Do you think it has the ability to write a flash decompressor/Compressor? I Have one in AS3 but it doesnt support ZWS compressed games n i been having trouble with those

Yeah so that seems like your goal so you should really keep at it with Java.
    If i dont like C its problly what ill end up sticking with lol , i heard theres actually a library for C that converts it to Javascript ? Seemed interesting when i heard about it..

That sounds ridiculous, i could not do sh*t after 10 hours. Really, it seems a bit too much. I would recommend doing this for only as long as 1 or 2 hours. Lay down if you hit a wall and relax, think about the problem for a while. That is what i do every now and then... maybe a bit too often sometimes
    I Usually just do as much research as i can when im stuck on the problem , try different things i think may work and if those dont work i move onto something else till i feel like going back to it lol its already 11:49am here and ive been coding since around 7pm last night , I Use the computer as much as i do cause not very much to do here in a state that i refused to meet anybody at for over a year and a half now , lol

Ill have to check that out soon , i never got into Html5 its just like normal JS?
    It is indeed normal JS with some classes similar to the ones you might find in AS3. I never ended up using it but i read it was supposed to be good for devs coming from Flash.

I'll possibly see if i can make something simple out of it , Maybe this weekend ill start C.
    Try if you want to, i recommend TDM-GCC which is a version of MinGW including gcc and g++ if you like command line compiling.

Do you think it has the ability to write a flash decompressor/Compressor? I Have one in AS3 but it doesnt support ZWS compressed games
    You can do pretty much anything in C if you want to. Might be a bit of a hard first goal but it is still possible. I just looked it up and it seems that ZWS uses LZMA compression which is relatively easy to use. I have to look that up tomorrow, now it is too late. I just need a file that is compressed that way to try it.

i heard theres actually a library for C that converts it to Javascript ?
    I guess you mean emscripten which does do just that. By the way, thats what they use to create Unity HTML5 games. They convert the C# code to C or was it C++ and then turn it into JS with emscripten.

I Usually just do as much research as i can when im stuck on the problem , try different things i think may work and if those dont work i move onto something else till i feel like going back to it
    Fair enough i would say, programming can eat time like crazy. Only playing games might drain time in a similar way.

I Use the computer as much as i do cause not very much to do here in a state that i refused to meet anybody at for over a year and a half now , lol
    On my free time i use it extensively as well but work keeps me from overdoing it that much most of the time.

It is indeed normal JS with some classes similar to the ones you might find in AS3. I never ended up using it but i read it was supposed to be good for devs coming from Flash.
    I'll have to check it out i never thought of actually taking Javascript as a full on programming language

Try if you want to, i recommend TDM-GCC which is a version of MinGW including gcc and g++ if you like command line compiling.
    I Think ive heard of GCC / G++ Just not sure where i heard it , its only for C?

You can do pretty much anything in C if you want to. Might be a bit of a hard first goal but it is still possible. I just looked it up and it seems that ZWS uses LZMA compression which is relatively easy to use. I have to look that up tomorrow, now it is too late. I just need a file that is compressed that way to try it.
    I Was gonna try it in java using Read/Write bytes but still have no clue lol , And the easiest game to remember that has it is possibly , 54 Dead Miles , And Boomerang Chang 2 , By trying to research on LZMA Compression awhile back i ended up finding a Python Script that compresses Flash Files with that compression i just didnt look into it much
    I Believe this was it.. https://github.com/OpenGG/swfzip/blob/master/swfzip.py

I guess you mean emscripten which does do just that. By the way, thats what they use to create Unity HTML5 games. They convert the C# code to C or was it C++ and then turn it into JS with emscripten.
    That can possibly be it , I Heard about it from a Dev on newgrounds who made like a ' Brawl ' Game where its like red and blue gangs who just randomly beat each other lol

Fair enough i would say, programming can eat time like crazy. Only playing games might drain time in a similar way.
    Yeah once it has all your attention it just takes time like its nothing lol but atleast you can put your time to learning instead of into a game save..

On my free time i use it extensively as well but work keeps me from overdoing it that much most of the time.
    Sadly i cant get a job yet , Need to get my ID just turned 18 but am a Highschool Dropout So not sure whats gonna happen with that

I'll have to check it out i never thought of actually taking Javascript as a full on programming language
    Yeah it is still closely tied to web development but with technologies like node.js it is getting into other realms as well.

I Think ive heard of GCC / G++ Just not sure where i heard it , its only for C?
    "The GNU Compiler Collection includes front ends for C, C++, Objective-C, Fortran, Java, Ada, and Go, as well as libraries for these languages (libstdc++, libgcj,...)."
    gcc is the c compilers name and g++ the c++ one.

I Was gonna try it in java using Read/Write bytes but still have no clue lol , ... , 54 Dead Miles
    I looked at 54 Dead Miles and found some infos about the ZWS file structure. It is pretty simple as it looks.

"bytes 0-3: ZWS+version bytes 4-7: Uncompressed length (includes ZWS+version (4 bytes) and uncompressed length (4 bytes)) bytes 8-11: Compressed length bytes 12-16: LZMAproperties bytes 17-n: Compressed data"

Now this here is the header for 54 Dead Miles:
    5A 57 53 | 0F | 0E DF 56 00 | D9 BD 4A 00 | 5D 00 00 00 01
    ZWS | Version 15 | uncompressed size ( 5693198 ) | compressed size ( 4898265 ) | lzma header.

One simple solution is to remove the header, decompress with lzma and put that back together with the ZWS changed to FWS. I try to modify the version of the lzma SDK wrapper i use to do this in one step. I still have to look up how an uncompressed file is supposed to look like.

EDIT ( Well, i just noticed that lzma does not seem to recognize the format when stripping the swf header. It can't decompress the file like i thought it could. But instead i found out that www.7-zip.org does support decompresing those flash files at least. )

Yeah once it has all your attention it just takes time like its nothing lol but atleast you can put your time to learning instead of into a game save..
    True, it feels better to do something rather than playing a game but sometimes thats just what i want, relax.

Sadly i cant get a job yet , Need to get my ID just turned 18 but am a Highschool Dropout So not sure whats gonna happen with that
    Hm i work since i was 17 and wasn't that good at school. But i worked my way up, not to the top but i do well enough.
    Last edited by ZuckeR; 10-01-2016 at 11:56 AM. Reason: Added info

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast