Arcade Prehacks

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: General Chat Lounge

Quote Originally Posted by ZuckeR View Post
    That does not sound like you would want to go back
    Lmao just not back to JS i get so confused with it lol

But be careful, if you already learned Java a fair bit it might be better to stay with it. Unless you plan to make games that need a lot of performance because than you are better of with C or C++.
    I Dont plan on making no huge games, i think my biggest goal in game Dev is to make a ' Minecraft ' type game , even though im not a huge fan of minecraft , making it game like that seems like a pretty big accomplishment..

Well honestly, copying others is always a good beginners exercise.

Better than pills!
    Yeah i usually start learning by reading up on others mistakes & i need to fix this schedule quick though i sleep like 4 hours a day but still its at the wrong time lmao
    I small scooter is the way to go in a big city like that. Here in Germany you can drive one of those with 15 and a motorbike that does not go faster than 80 km/h with 16. They are cheaper and better suited for cities than cars.
    I Probably wouldnt even be able to afford one of those lol i used to have a truck but my dad sold it to pay the rent .-.

I kinda pushed myself to go out more with a camera in hand, maybe that is something you are interested in. Just use your phone to make photos no need for a big camera. I have three expensive cameras and almost don't use them anymore, kinda lost interest but it worked for five years or so.
    I Was actually getting into that , Like Photography and all that, Just my phone camera is way to crappy you cant see anything with it lol im sapposed to get a pretty good camera but its older we've had it for awhile put away so itd be fun to play around with

Yeah, like i said try to find what your ultimate goal would be and choose the language for that.
    Probably gonna be java i just dont know too much yet i really want to get more into it even though it seems alot more complicated than any other langauge ive actually taken a liking too

Here you go again, go to bed and visit a dentist... Oh you are in the US so it might not be as easy to get health care over there. I got two of my wisdom teeth pulled out and it did cost me nothing. I do have bad teeth though so i know how that can hurt.
    I Slept but tooo early lol gotta fix it again its barely midnight right now i woke up at like 8pm , And i cant visit a dentist i dont have insurance, plus im nervous i've litterally never been to the dentist in my life lol

Does anyone here play Diep.io?

Quote Originally Posted by tchow847 View Post
    Never heard of it.. Is It a Multiplayer game? My Internets Crappy asf since im grabbing it from across the street lol What is it?

Quote Originally Posted by W4N73D1 View Post
    I Dont plan on making no huge games, i think my biggest goal in game Dev is to make a ' Minecraft ' type game , even though im not a huge fan of minecraft , making it game like that seems like a pretty big accomplishment..
    Yeah such a game is rather complicated to create, depending on the tools you are using. Especially if you would try to create your own graphics engine. But even with an engine like Unity its not an easy task.

I Probably wouldnt even be able to afford one of those lol i used to have a truck but my dad sold it to pay the rent .-.
    Yeah, too bad you have to stick to a bicycle then.

I Was actually getting into that , Like Photography and all that, Just my phone camera is way to crappy you cant see anything with it lol im sapposed to get a pretty good camera but its older we've had it for awhile put away so itd be fun to play around with
    Yeah, use that old camera if your phone is crappy. I just thought it would be a cheap way to see if you like photography. My first camera was a point and shoot as well until i got myself a DSLR and now my cheapest camera costs more than 1000€ and i rarely even use it. Thats a waste of money.

Probably gonna be java i just dont know too much yet i really want to get more into it even though it seems alot more complicated than any other langauge ive actually taken a liking too
    Well, i can't help you on that one as i know pretty much nothing about Java programming.

I Slept but tooo early lol gotta fix it again its barely midnight right now i woke up at like 8pm
    Its gonna take a while to get a good rhythm, i have that problem too but work keeps pushing me to my schedule.

And i cant visit a dentist i dont have insurance, plus im nervous i've litterally never been to the dentist in my life lol
    I regretted not going to the dentist for many years and try to go there every half year now. But that is paid for by my insurance, i guess if you don't have one they only help you if you are in pain, even here in Germany.

Quote Originally Posted by tchow847 View Post
    I just tested it as i had never played it before. It runs awfully slow on my laptop but fine on the desktop PC. I just played a bit in the sandbox mode as i am really bad at such games. Seems fun though for people who like a little multiplayer battle here.

Apparently trying to reply to you with a quote is just sending me to a blank editor so i cant quote that huge post lol , But Yeah making a minecraft styled game would definently be a pain . I Wonder how hard it would be to make a simple Card game in java, Thats also another one of my goals like make a game in a Hearthstone Style.. And i dont even have a bike lol i have a skateboard that i cant seem to stop on , I Just have to force myself to stay awake till atleast 7pm , after that i will wake up at 3am every morning which is perfect for me , I Have never even been inside of a dentists office so im still really nervous , Plus i have a problem with my jaw from fighting its dislocated or something i cant open it very wide without it popping
    Last edited by W4N73D1; 10-03-2016 at 03:38 PM.

Apparently trying to reply to you with a quote is just sending me to a blank editor so i cant quote that huge post lol
    Yeah i broke the fabric of space and time... Mission accomplished.

I Wonder how hard it would be to make a simple Card game in java, Thats also another one of my goals like make a game in a Hearthstone Style..
    OK, there is a difference between simple and Hearthstone Style I just tried to convert some main functionality from a memory game i made in AS3 in 2011. Took me while to let the program print out a random deck like so:
    3 - 2 - 5 - 6
    7 - 1 - 3 - 7
    2 - 0 - 0 - 1
    4 - 6 - 5 - 4

Code:
    #include <iostream>
    #include <chrono> // chrono
    #include <random> // minstd_rand0
    #include <vector>
    #include <cstdlib> // atoi (although it compiled without it.)

// g++ memory.cpp -O3 -s -std=c++11 -o memory

// Simple random number generator, same seed will produce the same output
    class simple_rand
    {
    	private:
    		std::minstd_rand0 rand;
    	public:
    		void seed ( void );
    		void seed ( unsigned int value );
    		unsigned int get ( unsigned int min, unsigned int max );
    };

// Seed with current time
    void
    simple_rand::seed ( void )
    {
    	rand.seed( std::chrono::system_clock::now().time_since_epoch().count() );
    }

// Seed with number
    void
    simple_rand::seed ( unsigned int value )
    {
    	rand.seed( value );
    }

// Get random number in the range of min up to max
    unsigned int
    simple_rand::get ( unsigned int min, unsigned int max )
    {
    	return ( rand() % ( max - min + 1 ) ) + min;
    }

int main( int argc, char **argv )
    {
    	unsigned int i, r;
    	simple_rand rnd;

std::vector<int> card_fronts;
    	std::vector<int> card_list;

// Get seed from command lines first argument
    	if (argc > 1) {
    		rnd.seed( atoi( argv[1] ) );
    	}

// 8 card fronts, each 2 times
    	for (i = 0; i < 8; i++) {
    		card_fronts.push_back(i);
    		card_fronts.push_back(i);
    	}

// Randomize cards on deck
    	for (i = 0; i < 16; i++) {
    		// Get random number between 0 and left over cards
    		r = rnd.get( 0, card_fronts.size() - 1 );

// Add card to the current deck
    		card_list.push_back( card_fronts.at(r) );

// Remove card from fronts to not use it again.
    		card_fronts.erase( card_fronts.begin() + r );
    	}

// Dsiplay card deck
    	for (i = 1; i <= 16; i++) {
    		std::cout << card_list[i-1];
    		if ( i % 4 == 0 ) {
    			std::cout << "\n";
    		} else {
    			std::cout << " - ";
    		}
    	}

return 0;
    }
    And i dont even have a bike lol i have a skateboard that i cant seem to stop on
    That leaves you with either walking or jumping of your skateboard at the right time. Its like 20years ago that i tried a skateboard the last time. And now after saying that i feel old...

I Just have to force myself to stay awake till atleast 7pm , after that i will wake up at 3am every morning which is perfect for me
    I should be in bed at 9pm, which was 30 minutes ago but almost always stay up till 10 and get up at 4:30.

I Have never even been inside of a dentists office so im still really nervous , Plus i have a problem with my jaw from fighting its dislocated or something i cant open it very wide without it popping
    Then you should definitely visit a dentist, its going to be more problematic if you keep pushing it aside. Believe me i did this until i had real bad tooth pain and paid 2000€ to get my teeth fixed/replaced. Not worth it if it can be fixed earlier.

I Still cant quote you lol , Its trippen out for some reason ill probably have to clear my browser data or something ..

And about the card game when i found this one awhile back Play Card Monsters, a free online game on Kongregate I Really liked it , Im sure it would be extremely hard to make though lol , Also that code in C#?

Literally last time i tried jumping off at the right time on my board i was going as fast as most of the cars next to me lol When i jumped forward thinking i would be able to run off my board , i was going so fast the right when my foot touched the floor , i felt my whole body get yanked forward cause i was on a slope of a hill , i flew forward smacked my head on the ground then did a front flip , landed on my side where i cut up my elbow and knee and something stabbed me in my side not sure what it was though lol bunch of cars stopped n asked if i wanted an ambulance but i was like hell no i just walked home lmao

When i used to sleep as early as you , My School actually lectured me saying it wasnt healthy even though i would get to school on time cause most of my school years i was late or absent and when i had that schedule it was perfect , but they made me change it so i started being absent again and got sent to the school board lol i would sleep at 9 and wake up at 3 but they said i had to sleep at 11 and that im not sapposed to wake up that early which is dumb that they were trying to control my sleep schedule , Either way i dont go to school no more so im glad i can focus on my own learning for now but i still want to get a job n get some money saved

Also with the dentist i do want to go but i cant without insurance, and we cant afford to actually pay for it

Also , What happened to that topic on [Game] Lets create.. You Never Finished the game? Was the topic closed due to the small amount of help recieved in the project? would you ever consider trying this again? i'm guessing when the forums grab more attention possibly huh?
    Last edited by W4N73D1; 10-04-2016 at 09:02 AM.

Yeah i can't quote tah post either or edit it for that matter. Maybe its the many quotes?

The interesting thing is that below the hood many games aren't too complicated. I just tested Card Monsters briefly and the main fighting seems rather simple. Yet not easy if you have to make a lot of different cards to work with each other.

The code is in C++, pretty much just copied it from my AS3 source. I made another version that works in a simpler fashion yet still does the same thing. Its just a small proof of concept. Just trying out different things in C++ to get a bit more familiar.

I laughed at your skateboard story, it seems as if you are safer walking... maybe!?

Lol, never heard of a school saying you should go to bed later. People are different, i am not a person to get up early i just have to because of work. Normally i would sleep longer and stay awake longer as well that way. Anyways seems like school is past times for you as it is for me. It totally depends on your job which will dictate your sleeping schedule for a good portion.

About the dentist, i don't know what to do in your position. Never been in that spot to not have money for such basic things. But maybe its free when you are in prison or in the military, but those ways are both sh*tty :P

I think i lost interest in this clicker game for several reasons. On thing is that i was interested in technical discussion and some interest in programming. Not necessarily for help with the game itself but for the fun of it. While people seemed to care about the game in general, they did not really care about its creation. I think at some point i kinda lost interest because i did not know what else to implement. Some stuff was in my head but that was tedious to add.

Doing something like that again would need people who actually care about the creation but i don't think there are many to find besides you. And if i would do something i would rather create it in C/C++ but i still have to learn a lot about that. I probably would not do that here on APH but on another forum.

Anyways, here is the last shared version and the last one i made:
    HackClicker-2014.03.28
    HackClicker-2014.03.29

EDIT: ( Here is the source for the game http://www.mediafire.com/file/7kqlld...ackClicker.zip
    It was done with FlashDevelop, thats what the HackClicker.as3proj file is for )
    Last edited by ZuckeR; 10-04-2016 at 05:37 PM.

Yeah i can't quote tah post either or edit it for that matter. Maybe its the many quotes?
    I Believe so , Probably a glitch in the forums

The interesting thing is that below the hood many games aren't too complicated. I just tested Card Monsters briefly and the main fighting seems rather simple. Yet not easy if you have to make a lot of different cards to work with each other.
    What do you mean by 'Work with each other'? Like as in the power cards? Like giving other cards Weapons or Armor? I Could see that being hard but i dont see how the fighting could be simple lol, like maybe the damages and that yeah, maybe each card would need its own class..

The code is in C++, pretty much just copied it from my AS3 source. I made another version that works in a simpler fashion yet still does the same thing. Its just a small proof of concept. Just trying out different things in C++ to get a bit more familiar.
    What IDE do you use for C++? I Wouldnt know how to convert from AS3 to C++ Seems complicated lol

I laughed at your skateboard story, it seems as if you are safer walking... maybe!?
    lol foreal , funniest part was my cousin was on his skate board behind me and he seen me fall he starts laughing and loses balance and falls off as well lol it was hilarious but i couldnt even laugh i was hella hurting lol

Lol, never heard of a school saying you should go to bed later. People are different, i am not a person to get up early i just have to because of work. Normally i would sleep longer and stay awake longer as well that way. Anyways seems like school is past times for you as it is for me. It totally depends on your job which will dictate your sleeping schedule for a good portion.
    Thats exactly what im saying , they would actually piss me off like that so some days i just didnt go purposely regardless of my sleep schedule lol , But yeah when i get a job im gonna have to step my game up and get into a better sleep schedule

About the dentist, i don't know what to do in your position. Never been in that spot to not have money for such basic things. But maybe its free when you are in prison or in the military, but those ways are both sh*tty :P
    Lol Hell no ive almost been to prison so many times i almost got charged with Strong arm robbery and attempted murder lmaoo

I think i lost interest in this clicker game for several reasons. On thing is that i was interested in technical discussion and some interest in programming. Not necessarily for help with the game itself but for the fun of it. While people seemed to care about the game in general, they did not really care about its creation. I think at some point i kinda lost interest because i did not know what else to implement. Some stuff was in my head but that was tedious to add.
    Ahh okay that makes sense , i ran into that problem quite a few times because im bad at Game Ideas lol
    i did some dumb as sht like This

Edit : By the way its Arrow-Keys to move and Spacebar to shoot.. The Usual lol

Doing something like that again would need people who actually care about the creation but i don't think there are many to find besides you. And if i would do something i would rather create it in C/C++ but i still have to learn a lot about that. I probably would not do that here on APH but on another forum.
    How about on Newgrounds? lol , try looking into that thing that allows you to convert Standard C to Javascript..

Anyways, here is the last shared version and the last one i made:
    HackClicker-2014.03.28
    HackClicker-2014.03.29

EDIT: ( Here is the source for the game HackClicker
    It was done with FlashDevelop, thats what the HackClicker.as3proj file is for )
    Ahh okay , i usually use Flash Develop when making loaders and such might be fun to play with

Double-post.

As forum rules still apply here, I believe you can edit posts, so you could've added that onto your first, js.

Edit: The edit post option is at the bottom right corner of your posts.
    Last edited by asd123; 10-04-2016 at 10:27 PM. Reason: Found edit post button.

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast