Arcade Prehacks

Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: General Chat Lounge

Quote Originally Posted by W4N73D1 View Post
    yeah i think i actually deleted that project lol
    I do keep a lot of old projects but if i do come accross them and haven't used them for ages i just delete them as well. Otherwise i would still have old PHP projects that are 10 years old.

an APH Theme lmao
    Could be basically everything yes.

Ahh yeah i ran into a game like that recently , im wondering can you even make a toggle for that? Also i have a folder with about 200 games in it lol plus my external hardrive has about 300 more
    Those hacks are usually not changable while playing but easier to do than bytecode changes or decompiling/recompiling. And i only have like 50 hacked Flash games saved on my external HDD. I don't do much hacking anymore so many of them are 5 years old.

Try making a game like Dopewars.. ... i actually wanna make a game like that but honestly i dont even know where to start
    That might sound like a hard game to do but i think it really is not that hard. You have your goods that can be bought/selled in towns to a random price basically. Sounds like bunch of arrays for me to get the very basics of such a game going.

You could simply start by creating a very limited version with 2 drugs and 2 cities. The player would be in city 1 and could buy some drugs for the money he has. Then he could travel to the other city and sell it there for a profit. That requires like 2 arrays (inventory, current citys available drugs).

Maybe Make a Local Multiplayer Game? Could be interesting, Also maybe you can add a online highscore thing using PHP? ive seen it done with AS3 before
    Local Multiplayer with a memory game would mean to make a bigger deck first with at least 8x8 cards but would be possible. And with highscore i meant a local one and not online, which would require me to do some network code as well as have a server to put the database on.

What i really meant was to look for another simple game and i found the original article which i got the idea for making a memory game at first... man that was 6 years ago what the heck!
    6 games you must be able to make in less than a day | Emanuele Feronato
    I might try to do the next in line here which is tic-tac-toe but i guess i will again take more than a day to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by tmanzz122 View Post
    Late again, but tech theatre is basicly all the behind the scenes stuff for acting/theater.
    The name implied it would be a theatre with technic as a key component or main theme. Anyways i guess there is a lot of stuff going on in the background of a theatre with lights, sounds, props, etc. Do you do this full time or more like a hobby?

Ahh okay.. So like setting up? And handling the lighting and such?

Quote Originally Posted by ZuckeR View Post
    The name implied it would be a theatre with technic as a key component or main theme. Anyways i guess there is a lot of stuff going on in the background of a theatre with lights, sounds, props, etc. Do you do this full time or more like a hobby?
    Just about. Mainly, I'm sound head, so from an audio perspecitve I deal with music, mics, and just about anything else that there isn't a department for. Part-time for a local theatre.

Quote Originally Posted by tmanzz122 View Post
    Just about. Mainly, I'm sound head, so from an audio perspecitve I deal with music, mics, and just about anything else that there isn't a department for. Part-time for a local theatre.
    So a jack of all trades you could say, but if it is fun why not. Especially smaller theatres probably don't have the money to employ enough people to do the work anyways.

I do keep a lot of old projects but if i do come accross them and haven't used them for ages i just delete them as well. Otherwise i would still have old PHP projects that are 10 years old.
    I Actually still have my first PHP Project lmao it was a dumb ip logger

Those hacks are usually not changable while playing but easier to do than bytecode changes or decompiling/recompiling. And i only have like 50 hacked Flash games saved on my external HDD. I don't do much hacking anymore so many of them are 5 years old.
    Ahh , if you wanted toggles you would probably have to like redo alot of the coding huh? or do you think its possible to do an if condition? sort of like

if(UseHack == true)
    {
    game.cash = 9999;
    } else
    {
    game.cash = bin.data.cash;
    }

Somethin like that not sure how it would really work lol

That might sound like a hard game to do but i think it really is not that hard. You have your goods that can be bought/selled in towns to a random price basically. Sounds like bunch of arrays for me to get the very basics of such a game going

You could simply start by creating a very limited version with 2 drugs and 2 cities. The player would be in city 1 and could buy some drugs for the money he has. Then he could travel to the other city and sell it there for a profit. That requires like 2 arrays (inventory, current citys available drugs).
    Yeah i guess it does seem kinda easy , but theres alot of events that happen, Such as like a news area that says " Cops Cracking down on Local Meth Dealers, Meth Price increased by 75%! " Which would change the actual price in that city also theres loan sharks n a bunch of other things added like random cop chases

Local Multiplayer with a memory game would mean to make a bigger deck first with at least 8x8 cards but would be possible. And with highscore i meant a local one and not online, which would require me to do some network code as well as have a server to put the database on.
    What about multiple options to choose from choosing an either , 8x8, 32x32 or 64x64 Board

What i really meant was to look for another simple game and i found the original article which i got the idea for making a memory game at first... man that was 6 years ago what the heck!
    6 games you must be able to make in less than a day | Emanuele Feronato
    I might try to do the next in line here which is tic-tac-toe but i guess i will again take more than a day to do that.
    Thats funny my brother just made a tic-tac-toe game in java like 2 days ago lol it shouldnt be that hard, ill possibly try that in AS3

Does anyone here play Stick Empires or diep.io?

Quote Originally Posted by tchow847 View Post
    I Havn't Played Neither.. Also .. Off topic question.. Did anyone else get an Error 522 Site Offline page when coming to the forums today? I Was Logged out and had that error and had to wait for a 'Live Version' Of APH To Come back on

I am having a cold so i did not feel like replying the last two days.

I Actually still have my first PHP Project lmao it was a dumb ip logger
    I tend to archive stuff but some days i just delete a lot i might regret later, oh well. Most of the times i learnt something in the time between and make things a little better when not just copying my old projects code.

Ahh , if you wanted toggles you would probably have to like redo alot of the coding huh? or do you think its possible to do an if condition?
    Well, sometimes it is just easier to edit the external files as its all you need but you have to restart to see changes. If you would inject some AS3 code that conditionally loads the cheated/uncheated version you could as well just add the code into the flash file itself. Some games code is really broad and does not contain more than a skeleton for the game which is fill with data from external files.

Yeah i guess it does seem kinda easy , but theres alot of events that happen, Such as like a news area that says " Cops Cracking down on Local Meth Dealers, Meth Price increased by 75%! " Which would change the actual price in that city also theres loan sharks n a bunch of other things added like random cop chases
    Yeah, i played it and it just does not seem like there is much to it. Those random events are just created by rolling a dice (by picking an event by a random number) and set some flags. It gets more complicated when you add multiplayer but its still a very simple game. But to start off as a single player version not much more than a few arrays and some random numbers are needed for such a game.

What about multiple options to choose from choosing an either , 8x8, 32x32 or 64x64 Board
    That would work, just 32x32 is a bit high as then you'd have 1024 cards with 512 faces which is kinda hard to put on the screen. That is actually quite a problem with graphics in general, as you have to decide at what resolution your game should run. I guess 1024x768 should always work nowadays, but not everyone has the resolution of my screen (2560x1440) or stuff like 4K/8K. The code in my memory game for graphics is pretty much static and i would need to change that before adding bigger boards... which i guess... i am too lazy for.

Thats funny my brother just made a tic-tac-toe game in java like 2 days ago lol it shouldnt be that hard, ill possibly try that in AS3
    Hm, i read quite a lot the past few day about tic-tac-toe which is a simple game to play. But creating an AI that is hard to beat isn't really easy. I'll try to wrap my head around the minimax algorithm to check the board and make the best available move possible. A good AI can not be beaten in a game of tic-tac-toe.

Quote Originally Posted by tchow847 View Post
    No, i tried diep.io because i think you mentioned it before but i don't like multiplayer games.

Did anyone else get an Error 522 Site Offline page when coming to the forums today? I Was Logged out and had that error and had to wait for a 'Live Version' Of APH To Come back on
    I think i had similar problems and noticed the forum not updating how it should. This happened a while ago a well and the site was not available for a few days. So i guess it was a similar, connection or server problems. This can happen all the time so you can only wait.

I am having a cold so i did not feel like replying the last two days.
    Its alright , I've been really lazy yet really busy the passed few days lol
    I tend to archive stuff but some days i just delete a lot i might regret later, oh well. Most of the times i learnt something in the time between and make things a little better when not just copying my old projects code.
    I Do that as well lol as long as i learn something from the project ill be okay

Well, sometimes it is just easier to edit the external files as its all you need but you have to restart to see changes. If you would inject some AS3 code that conditionally loads the cheated/uncheated version you could as well just add the code into the flash file itself. Some games code is really broad and does not contain more than a skeleton for the game which is fill with data from external files.
    If you load it , it would just restart the game and swap to the hacked version.. but yeah i know what you mean i seen alot of games like that that just load everything from its external files

Yeah, i played it and it just does not seem like there is much to it. Those random events are just created by rolling a dice (by picking an event by a random number) and set some flags. It gets more complicated when you add multiplayer but its still a very simple game. But to start off as a single player version not much more than a few arrays and some random numbers are needed for such a game.
    i'll possibly try to make something like it .. ill need to play it again and try to create what the game does lol

That would work, just 32x32 is a bit high as then you'd have 1024 cards with 512 faces which is kinda hard to put on the screen. That is actually quite a problem with graphics in general, as you have to decide at what resolution your game should run. I guess 1024x768 should always work nowadays, but not everyone has the resolution of my screen (2560x1440) or stuff like 4K/8K. The code in my memory game for graphics is pretty much static and i would need to change that before adding bigger boards... which i guess... i am too lazy for.
    Yeah that does seem a bit complicated when choosing a resolution , i actually never took that into consideration

Hm, i read quite a lot the past few day about tic-tac-toe which is a simple game to play. But creating an AI that is hard to beat isn't really easy. I'll try to wrap my head around the minimax algorithm to check the board and make the best available move possible. A good AI can not be beaten in a game of tic-tac-toe.
    I've never accomplished creating an AI the most ive done is take a Pong game that you had to play with yourself.. and made the right panel not respond to screen touches, then just made it increase or decrease its Y position depending on the balls Y position but that sort of just made it unbeatable lol

I think i had similar problems and noticed the forum not updating how it should. This happened a while ago a well and the site was not available for a few days. So i guess it was a similar, connection or server problems. This can happen all the time so you can only wait.
    I Thought it was just my connection i get it most of the time when i go on Newgrounds

If you load it , it would just restart the game and swap to the hacked version.
    It would work but thats not really like turning on and off hacks. This way the are not dynamic but hard coded and for every hack or their combination you would need to load a different hacked file. Without modifying the swf file it would be kinda hard to get really dynamic hacks that could be turned on and off.

i'll possibly try to make something like it .. ill need to play it again and try to create what the game does lol
    dopewars-1.5.12 That is what i tried, the source code is available for it as well.

Yeah that does seem a bit complicated when choosing a resolution , i actually never took that into consideration
    You basically have three options here.
    1. Do not allow the game to be resized and show it in a window with the given resolution. Thats what i did for now.
    2. Stretch the image to fit the users resolution. Pretty easy solution and no problem to add, it might just look odd if aspect ratio is not taken into account.
    3. Update the UI to fit the resolution by resizing/moving individual elements as well as provide bigger/smaller graphics. This would need the most work but in the end would look the best. But for a small memory game... yeah no, maybe later if i need to test it out for another project.

I've never accomplished creating an AI the most ive done is take a Pong game that you had to play with yourself.. and made the right panel not respond to screen touches, then just made it increase or decrease its Y position depending on the balls Y position but that sort of just made it unbeatable lol
    Yeah creating an AI that feels like you are playing against a human can be reall hard. Sometimes the challenge is really not to make it play perfect but to have some flaws. In your case you could add a random reaction time for the AI as well as a maximum movement speed for the paddle.

The most common algorithm used for tic-tac-toe and chess is called minimax with alpha-beta-pruning. Basically the AI plays the game a few moves ahead and then calculates the best outcome. Based on that it decides which move to do next. The hard thing is to implement that, even after reading quite a bit about it and looking at some implementations i don't really get how they do it :P

Maybe when my cold is getting better and i get some rest this weekend i can finally implement my own version.

It would work but thats not really like turning on and off hacks. This way the are not dynamic but hard coded and for every hack or their combination you would need to load a different hacked file. Without modifying the swf file it would be kinda hard to get really dynamic hacks that could be turned on and off.
    Yeah thats true , unless maybe you can add in different binary files to on Swf and use a certain code to load a different one when certain keys are pressed? i dont think any tools have created a feature to import these files so maybe you would have to do it though byte editing and update the file size as well

dopewars-1.5.12 That is what i tried, the source code is available for it as well.
    Yeah i believe that is it lol used to play it alot
    You basically have three options here.
    1. Do not allow the game to be resized and show it in a window with the given resolution. Thats what i did for now.
    2. Stretch the image to fit the users resolution. Pretty easy solution and no problem to add, it might just look odd if aspect ratio is not taken into account.
    3. Update the UI to fit the resolution by resizing/moving individual elements as well as provide bigger/smaller graphics. This would need the most work but in the end would look the best. But for a small memory game... yeah no, maybe later if i need to test it out for another project.
    Yeah probably locking it would be the best and easiest for now till you have a project that you really want to put work into

Yeah creating an AI that feels like you are playing against a human can be reall hard. Sometimes the challenge is really not to make it play perfect but to have some flaws. In your case you could add a random reaction time for the AI as well as a maximum movement speed for the paddle.
    thats if i can figure that out lol, i want to practice making some AI at some point in my life

The most common algorithm used for tic-tac-toe and chess is called minimax with alpha-beta-pruning. Basically the AI plays the game a few moves ahead and then calculates the best outcome. Based on that it decides which move to do next. The hard thing is to implement that, even after reading quite a bit about it and looking at some implementations i don't really get how they do it :P
    i've never heard of that.. ill have to look into it a bit more lol

Maybe when my cold is getting better and i get some rest this weekend i can finally implement my own version.[/QUOTE]

Yeah i need to change my sleep schedule once again i still dont rest much and im sapposed to be leaving for california on the 5th of next month which im reallly nervous cause im gonna be really paranoid on the road and i only have half a pill

Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast