Arcade Prehacks

Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: General Chat Lounge

Quote Originally Posted by ZuckeR View Post
    Do what gets you going!
    I Try lol

Well, Unity is basically .NET and there are quite a few tools for working with that. I still like to work with the bytecode / disassembled code more than trainers / dll injections.
    Ahh okay ill have to figure that out soon lol

Thats the case for many forums but if all you want is reading you often don't even need to register.
    Yeah but for downloads on tools with that site you need to be registered lol

I use the dex2jar package as well but still smalis syntax sucks. Changine a simple value might be simple but a change of control flow is out of the question. I am going to try it again but not soon.
    Yeah the only help i really got with smali was just track the method backwards and see where it starts like follow its footsteps i guess you can say .. But i havnt made a successful android application mod yet , My brother in TX though hes really good at it he made a Pandora mod that can download songs with there photo and everything at the touch of a button as well as unlimited skips and no ads , he did it for a few apps like that, he made a few kik mods but im still trynna learn more i need to learn java first i guess but i feel like i could figure this out it just gets so confusing at times lol

Quote Originally Posted by W4N73D1 View Post
    Yeah but for downloads on tools with that site you need to be registered lol
    Yeah, i think that just gets you a lot of unactive members that simply wanted to download one tool.

But i havnt made a successful android application mod yet
    The only stuff i hack on android are games. This involves several different techniques as the code could be in different places.

• classes.dex
      Many programs have their code in the dex files which is smali and dex2jar for.
    • Flash/AIR
      Some games use flash in the form of an AIR app. These include a swf which can be hacked the same way as swfs for the web although they would not run without their app.
    • Unity
      Pretty much the same goes for Unity games as they include the same dlls all Unity apps use. That means the same stuff applies here as for other Unity games for web or even stand alone.
    • Libraries
      Many programs/games do include most of their code in compiled binaries. Those .so files have to be disassembled to work with and are often written in C/C++ for better performance. These apps still use .dex files but much of the logic is in the .so file.

For me the easiest are Flash based games, followed by Unity and then classes.dex and i never done anything on .so files as i don't have a good ELF disassembler like IDA Pro which costs way too much.

Oh and by the way, just because you do not know a language does not mean ou can't hack it. I hacked AS2/AS3 games way before i knew what ActionScript even was.

Yeah, i think that just gets you a lot of unactive members that simply wanted to download one tool.

The only stuff i hack on android are games. This involves several different techniques as the code could be in different places.

• classes.dex
      Many programs have their code in the dex files which is smali and dex2jar for.
    • Flash/AIR
      Some games use flash in the form of an AIR app. These include a swf which can be hacked the same way as swfs for the web although they would not run without their app.
    • Unity
      Pretty much the same goes for Unity games as they include the same dlls all Unity apps use. That means the same stuff applies here as for other Unity games for web or even stand alone.
    • Libraries
      Many programs/games do include most of their code in compiled binaries. Those .so files have to be disassembled to work with and are often written in C/C++ for better performance. These apps still use .dex files but much of the logic is in the .so file.

For me the easiest are Flash based games, followed by Unity and then classes.dex and i never done anything on .so files as i don't have a good ELF disassembler like IDA Pro which costs way too much.

Oh and by the way, just because you do not know a language does not mean ou can't hack it. I hacked AS2/AS3 games way before i knew what ActionScript even was.
    I've actually never found an android app that uses Flash , i did find a few unity though , havnt tried decompiling them yet , I Actually wanted to make something for Flash on Android , like a code editor or something lol

Edit: By the way like my new avatar? lol ArcadePreHacks.png

Wow it really drops the quality on it

I've actually never found an android app that uses Flash , i did find a few unity though , havnt tried decompiling them yet
    There are much more Unity games for mobile than flash. It seems i don't have any installed for either one right now.

I Actually wanted to make something for Flash on Android , like a code editor or something lol
    An interesting goal but looking at how flash support is declining its probably a bad idea to even start with. Editing code without a phyical keyboard on android is pretty awkward, at least at my tablet.

Wow it really drops the quality on it
    Scaling pixel art down or in non integer values up (like 1.5) will squish pixels together dropping the image quality pretty badly.

There are much more Unity games for mobile than flash. It seems i don't have any installed for either one right now.
    Yeah i only had one unity game for the phone it was some zombie shooter where you can level up and upgrade it was an okay game just needed some fixing , possibly nicer graphics etc, it was called Endless Requiem
    An interesting goal but looking at how flash support is declining its probably a bad idea to even start with. Editing code without a phyical keyboard on android is pretty awkward, at least at my tablet.
    i usually use DroidEdit i think , whenever i do code on my phone lol , but i was thinking like have a way to code on the computer and if your gonna leave be able to continue it on your phone like theyll connect with eachother looking for changes in the code and apply it to the other device once it connects.. Seems pretty good if your on a time schedule for a project
    Scaling pixel art down or in non integer values up (like 1.5) will squish pixels together dropping the image quality pretty badly.
    Yeah i thought it would post at normal size seeing its not that big maybe like 84x96 something like that , i think it looks nice from a closer view i added like small checkered designs all over the darker areas and the eyes to give them a glow , and added the little dropplets from the mouth lol i did it for practice i want to try getting better at pixel art can make some pretty good game art with it..

Yeah i only had one unity game for the phone
    I had several games with Unity that i hacked but it seems like my tablet is getting too old as it keeps telling me my hardware does not support newer games.

have a way to code on the computer and if your gonna leave be able to continue it on your phone
    That might work fine for languages that run on Android but hard with C/C++. I do compile my programs after a change quite often to see if it works. I have never written much code in one go without testing it.

Yeah i thought it would post at normal size seeing its not that big maybe like 84x96 something like that
    Mine is 80x80 and i think that is the limit here on APH, everything bigger gets scaled down.

i think it looks nice from a closer view i added like small checkered designs all over the darker areas and the eyes to give them a glow , and added the little dropplets from the mouth lol i did it for practice i want to try getting better at pixel art can make some pretty good game art with it..
    The checkered pattern might make it worse when scaling down and it seems like it is compressed or the original was. I try to work with the correct image size from the beginning fo best quality. https://graphicsgale.com/us/ is the editor i use, there is a free version available.

This is an image of the slow progress i made. From some simple guys face and then body to a better version and then to the last one with better colors. The axe is pretty much the biggest pixel art i ever created, i really like it but it took me forever to do this The tiles could be used in a game but i have no real ideas for them.

I had several games with Unity that i hacked but it seems like my tablet is getting too old as it keeps telling me my hardware does not support newer games.
    if i were to do that id have to use my phone which doesn't have alot of room sadly

That might work fine for languages that run on Android but hard with C/C++. I do compile my programs after a change quite often to see if it works. I have never written much code in one go without testing it.
    yeah thats true , probably have to do like a python one lol , they do have some C++ compilers but there not that good in my opinion , i kept running into problems that werent even errors

Mine is 80x80 and i think that is the limit here on APH, everything bigger gets scaled down.
    yeah i think i seen that id have to figure out how to make a smaller version

The checkered pattern might make it worse when scaling down and it seems like it is compressed or the original was. I try to work with the correct image size from the beginning fo best quality. https://graphicsgale.com/us/ is the editor i use, there is a free version available.
    I'll probably have to work from 80x80 next time, i use Paint.net although i believe krita is one of the best art programs it takes some skill to use and you wont be able to do as well with a mouse its best to use a drawing pad which im hoping to get , that and a ipad would be great for art, i kinda wanna make some characters for games, a friend of mine offered to pay me to make him characters that are like the ones in the mini militia game for android , but he said if i can animate them , i dont know much about animation , and he didnt give me any sizes to work with or what he wants them to do , so im pretty sure i couldnt do it anyways , i can make sprite sheets but idk how it works for android apps

This is an image of the slow progress i made. From some simple guys face and then body to a better version and then to the last one with better colors. The axe is pretty much the biggest pixel art i ever created, i really like it but it took me forever to do this The tiles could be used in a game but i have no real ideas for them.
    Thats hella good im not very good at game art yet , i just hope to be able to get better at pixel art soon cause i actually like it , once i seen a tree transform from a sketch to a tree that looked like it was straight from a video game i wanted to get better at it lol it is the second post on this page, KawaiiHannah: Journal
    i love how the tree just evolves since its showing its progress in a gif i want to be able to get as good as that

krita is one of the best art programs it takes some skill to use and you wont be able to do as well with a mouse its best to use a drawing pad which im hoping to get , that and a ipad would be great for art
    I never really used krita although having it on my PC. It seems to be for drawing stuff but i am really bad at this. For pixel art i prefer a dedicated editor.

i kinda wanna make some characters for games, a friend of mine offered to pay me to make him characters that are like the ones in the mini militia game for android , but he said if i can animate them , i dont know much about animation , and he didnt give me any sizes to work with or what he wants them to do , so im pretty sure i couldnt do it anyways , i can make sprite sheets but idk how it works for android apps
    Well, drawing something is different than animating it. Takes a lot of work to take a static image and draw it again and again to make it move. It is usually done by a technique called onion skinning. You simply paint on top of your first image in a new layer that shows the original in like 50% opacity.

Thats hella good im not very good at game art yet , i just hope to be able to get better at pixel art soon cause i actually like it , once i seen a tree transform from a sketch to a tree that looked like it was straight from a video game i wanted to get better ... i love how the tree just evolves since its showing its progress in a gif i want to be able to get as good as that
    It might look kinda good but it takes me forever to do such things if i am even starting. The problem is that i want to do too much stuff like coding, creating pixel art, playing games, listening to music... Humans could get 500 years old and still would regret slacking off for too long I guess you have to keep going and concentrate on fewer things.

I never really used krita although having it on my PC. It seems to be for drawing stuff but i am really bad at this. For pixel art i prefer a dedicated editor.
    I dont use krita cause im hella bad at it lol normal microsoft paint is pretty good for it either way

Well, drawing something is different than animating it. Takes a lot of work to take a static image and draw it again and again to make it move. It is usually done by a technique called onion skinning. You simply paint on top of your first image in a new layer that shows the original in like 50% opacity.
    yeah ive heard of that , i dont do it much though

It might look kinda good but it takes me forever to do such things if i am even starting. The problem is that i want to do too much stuff like coding, creating pixel art, playing games, listening to music... Humans could get 500 years old and still would regret slacking off for too long I guess you have to keep going and concentrate on fewer things.
    i do the same lol , i dont really play games much but i code , do art and mess around making music as well
    not enough time to do it all haha

Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast