Arcade Prehacks

Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: General Chat Lounge

Quote Originally Posted by W4N73D1 View Post
    Yeah thats true , unless maybe you can add in different binary files to on Swf and use a certain code to load a different one when certain keys are pressed? i dont think any tools have created a feature to import these files so maybe you would have to do it though byte editing and update the file size as well
    Well, to add such a feature to an existing swf you would have to add quite a bit of code. At that point you might as well just put some code in the swf that does the cheat right away. Adding new code to a swf with ffdec is not hard to do at all. Using the bytecode/p-code window to edit works even on games where a direct AS edit might fail and crash the program.

thats if i can figure that out lol, i want to practice making some AI at some point in my life
    This is really the one big thing you can learn to create compelling single-player games.

i've never heard of that.. ill have to look into it a bit more lol
    I read quite a bit about it but still have to look more into it

Yeah i need to change my sleep schedule once again i still dont rest much and im sapposed to be leaving for california on the 5th of next month which im reallly nervous cause im gonna be really paranoid on the road and i only have half a pill
    I would try to give you a tip here but i am pretty much the same as i am afraid of flying so who am i to speak.

Quote Originally Posted by ZuckeR View Post
    Well, to add such a feature to an existing swf you would have to add quite a bit of code. At that point you might as well just put some code in the swf that does the cheat right away. Adding new code to a swf with ffdec is not hard to do at all. Using the bytecode/p-code window to edit works even on games where a direct AS edit might fail and crash the program.
    Yeah, thats true , but honestly i never care about doing extra work , i like anything i do to have a great quality to it i guess you can say.. I Like having what i do have actual effort put into it instead of a simple variable change lol

This is really the one big thing you can learn to create compelling single-player games.
    Yeah it would be good as i would probablly use it the most in Mobile games if i get more into that, Would be sick to create a game like Strike force lol

I read quite a bit about it but still have to look more into it
    Ill probably have to practice within a language that im sorta good at , Which would be AS3 , but im getting hella busy with all these projects lol rn im learning to make material websites-.-

I would try to give you a tip here but i am pretty much the same as i am afraid of flying so who am i to speak.
    Ahh yeah i would NEVER Fly ill problly try to jump out lmao

Yeah, thats true , but honestly i never care about doing extra work , i like anything i do to have a great quality to it i guess you can say.. I Like having what i do have actual effort put into it instead of a simple variable change lol
    I understand what you mean but i like to stay away from adding features that do not give you much on a piece of software that you never gonna share anyways.

Yeah it would be good as i would probablly use it the most in Mobile games if i get more into that, Would be sick to create a game like Strike force lol
    I am not into action games but it is really interesting how simple rules can make a compelling AI. In fact a program does not even really need to understand a game to play it. As long as it knows which moves are allowed and when a game is won it can simply try lots of moves to see which one lead to victory.

Ill probably have to practice within a language that im sorta good at , Which would be AS3 , but im getting hella busy with all these projects lol rn im learning to make material websites-.-
    Yes, practice is unbeatable if you want to master a certain task. I try to concentrate on one project at a time to get things done right now. Starting too many things gets me nowhere.

Ahh yeah i would NEVER Fly ill problly try to jump out lmao
    I've flown several times until i did quit a travel to the US and that was more than 10 years ago.

I understand what you mean but i like to stay away from adding features that do not give you much on a piece of software that you never gonna share anyways.
    Yeah but as long as you gain some experience on it so you learn how to do it instead of needing a reference everytime it seems like good practice to do so

I am not into action games but it is really interesting how simple rules can make a compelling AI. In fact a program does not even really need to understand a game to play it. As long as it knows which moves are allowed and when a game is won it can simply try lots of moves to see which one lead to victory.
    I Love games like Strike force heros as well as simple games such as Age of war i believe the name was..
    and RPG's of course lol but yeah i see what you mean , i want to make one that learns

Yes, practice is unbeatable if you want to master a certain task. I try to concentrate on one project at a time to get things done right now. Starting too many things gets me nowhere.
    Thats exactly what i keep on doing lmao , i'm sapposed to be working on a website but like ima total noob to front end -.- and im just getting occupied by other things lmao

I've flown several times until i did quit a travel to the US and that was more than 10 years ago.
    Damm , I Havn't flown once , never been on a boat neither nor a train , i was gonna go on a train once but not sure why i didnt go i cant remember

Soo, it seems like APH is back, which means back to buisiness as usual.

Yeah but as long as you gain some experience on it so you learn how to do it instead of needing a reference everytime it seems like good practice to do so
    I guess my lazyness kicks in here as well

i want to make one that learns
    As far as i am concerned that is pretty hard to do it well.

and im just getting occupied by other things lmao
    That sound very familiar to me. I am still at the tic-tac-toe game and looked at quite a few implementations of minimax. Yet i haven't even done something than would compile.

Damm , I Havn't flown once , never been on a boat neither nor a train , i was gonna go on a train once but not sure why i didnt go i cant remember
    I don't have a problem on the train, tram or in the car, especially when i am driving. The only time i have been on a smaller boat was on Lake Michigan with only three people on it and wasn't really liking it. Can't remember bigger boats but i guess the bigger they are the better for me because it feels more stable. The same goes for planes, the bigger the better, but i really dislike it and get sweaty hands while everyone else seems calm and relaxed. I will probably never fly again, i can live without it.

Soo, it seems like APH is back, which means back to buisiness as usual.
    Yeah it seems to have went down quite a few times for me.

I guess my lazyness kicks in here as well
    Lmao same here

As far as i am concerned that is pretty hard to do it well.
    I Know a guy who made an AI that when you give it song sheets like Bethovens symphony
    it learns to play it, the more you give it the more it learns on any song and i believe he said it can make its own music using what its learned

That sound very familiar to me. I am still at the tic-tac-toe game and looked at quite a few implementations of minimax. Yet i haven't even done something than would compile.
    I was actually trying to play with AS3 and make a game similar to an android app my buddy made called Till50 which is a grid of squares that has numbers on each one and you have to start with one then look for two then three on and on till you eventually hit 50 and it times you but not a decreasing timer its sapposed to be how fast you can reach 50 didnt get very far on that project lol

I don't have a problem on the train, tram or in the car, especially when i am driving. The only time i have been on a smaller boat was on Lake Michigan with only three people on it and wasn't really liking it. Can't remember bigger boats but i guess the bigger they are the better for me because it feels more stable. The same goes for planes, the bigger the better, but i really dislike it and get sweaty hands while everyone else seems calm and relaxed. I will probably never fly again, i can live without it.
    when im in a car my hands like get sweaty and they clench up and fall asleep , then my thoughts make me extremely scared and they would be stupid thoughts such as "The worlds gonna flip over" , "Wtf Were floating", "Why is that helicopter sitting in once place time stopped!" Yes i have said all of these cause well idk why i said it , but i panic so much in the car most of it doesnt even make sense , when im getting paranoid i try to grab onto something and i hold onto it so tight , or ill kinda slide down my seat as an automatic reaction, ill move my legs and take my seatbelt off and litterally try to get out of the car no matter if were going 100mph or not , i almost jumped out on the freeway lmao

Damn.

I am pretty sure I have been inactive for a loooooong time.
    How long have I been inactive, exactly? :P

Quote Originally Posted by tchow847 View Post
    I am pretty sure I have been inactive for a loooooong time.
    How long have I been inactive, exactly? :P
    Two Weeks , 3 days, 14 Hours, 43 Minutes, 12 Seconds

the more you give it the more it learns on any song and i believe he said it can make its own music using what its learned
    If that is true than it is really great, especially the creating its own songs part. Seems like a lot of those programs keep appearing over the last few years. Quite interesting to read about deep learning and neural networks but it is pretty much out of my league.

I stopped working on implementing the minimax algorithm to play tic-tac-toe. It does kinda work but does not choose optimal moves. Letting the computer play against itself should yield in a draw if it would bork but it doesn't. I put that aside for now and might try again later and maybe try negamax as an alternative algorithm.

So i took a look at my memory game and found a bug. Kinda like what you said about the flixel game with too much particles. To display text my program created a texture for every frame but did not delete it after usage so the memory usage got really high. Only because i left it running in the background for a while i noticed that.

make a game similar to an android app my buddy made called Till50
    Sounds like a rather simple game to create, go for it! Its basically a timer and buttons with an id that should be checked to see if you clicked them in the right order.

when im in a car my hands like get sweaty and they clench up and fall asleep , then my thoughts make me extremely scared and they would be stupid thoughts ... i almost jumped out on the freeway lmao
    Yeah, knowing that your thoughts are irrational does not really help me as well. For me it is only for flying but not for going in a car. That is really tough and i guess only a professional might help with such fears. It does not matter too much if i can't fly but i need my car every day to get to work so it'd be hard for me. Can only hope it gets better.

If that is true than it is really great, especially the creating its own songs part. Seems like a lot of those programs keep appearing over the last few years. Quite interesting to read about deep learning and neural networks but it is pretty much out of my league.
    Well.. This is odd.. Everything on the site has gone back by 10 days.. Forum posts gone.. Games gone.. Hmm?..

Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast