Arcade Prehacks

Question Hi! It's been a while! I'm just looking for a game, though.

Jesus H. Christ, it's been a while, APH. I just read some my old posts and oh boy, was my 10-year-old self annoying. Anyway, back to current business:

I'm just looking for a game I remember playing here on APH ages ago. I vividly remember the game but not it's name, for the life of me.

It was a pixelated game, with a top-down view (I really like the visuals if I may add an unrelated note).
    You played as a man who lived alone in the woods (snowy woods at that), in a cabin. Shadows had taken over the world and 'things' lived in them, rendering lit places the only safe locations.
    Gameplay-wise, going in the shadows would utlimately kill you if you stayed there for too long, but you had a lantern. Oil was very limited though, as there was no way to replace the amount you started with. You also had to keep your fireplace lit at all times (especially during the night as it's darker!), but that was easy since you could gather wood from a log right by your cabin. If I remember correctly, you also had to get water because you'd need it to survive, and maybe food as well, though I'm not sure about the latter. The more nights you slept through the further the story would progress, and often times you'd see weird creatures in the shadows while the character was sleeping. It reached a point where a figure in a dark cape and hood would come knocking on your door and there was some sort of conversation. Ultimately one of the endings (I believe there were several of them) would go about the dark figure sparing you and allowing you to go on a boat to a place where the shadows couldn't reach... and that was it.
    The title screen had a tree in it, in snowy ground.

Does anyone know the game I'm talking about. Help an old pal here.

Sounds like Cold grip? Only one man in a cabin and some grudge would approach you , your cabin would become bloody , you need to scavenge for food outdoors and keep your fire lit so the shadows wouldnt get you.. you find a baby in a dream , etc im pretty sure this is the game the menu did have a tree on it with snow so im 100% sure this is the game you want
    Last edited by W4N73D1; 12-01-2016 at 11:18 PM.

Ayyy, the legend's alive! Glad to see you're alive mate.

Edit: http://steamcommunity.com/id/redorhcs
    Last edited by tmanzz122; 12-03-2016 at 08:56 PM.

Yep! Cold Grip! That's it! Appreciate it, man. ^-^

Also, hi tmanzz. I remember you, man! Surprised to see you're still active here! And haha, yep! Alive and healthy. You have a Steam account? I'd like to have a way to communicate with you

Oops, nevermind! Snowdrift was the one, although I found it through research on Cold Grip! Thanks anyway, man!

Also, I remember some rule about double posting? Yeah sorry, but looks like the forums are a tad broken so I can't edit my post. :/
    Last edited by ZuckeR; 12-02-2016 at 09:23 PM. Reason: merged double post

Quote Originally Posted by HackDevil View Post
    I can't edit my post. :/
    Merged the posts for you.

Hmm never heard of the snowdrift one lol the one you explained sounded exactly like coldgrip lmao

Quote Originally Posted by ZuckeR View Post
    Merged the posts for you.
    Thanks!