Arcade Prehacks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Yaay! It's 2017!!!

Time freaking flies doesn't it.

There are several points I'd like to make on 2016.

Firstly, the celebrities dying this year thing that everyone's been talking about - it's really is just coincidence. People die everyday anyway. There could be a vague link to the baby boom generation beginning to die off or something, but the deaths in 2016 really aren't that special.

Secondly, I believe that workload is the main reason so many people, including me, leave games and forums and websites and such, as I've really started to notice it this year, that I'm not having time to do any of the things I used to love to do, including posting regularly on this website.

But, for memories and tradition's sake, these yearly posts will continue for as long as I live and as long as this website's up, which, by the way, I hope it stays. I've witnessed several websites and services die this year and in recent years, and it's not been pretty.

I used to play and post tracks on the Free Rider 2 user community website FR2.ME since 2010, but I found out this year that it's gone. I also noticed this year that the slow and ugly death of Formspring/Spring.me had occurred last year, as the website and all its user data were brought under the control of the dating website Twoo which was very controversial because users (like me) were getting unrequested dating emails as a result of the change.

I also had a very annoying experience this year, which is that I turned 18, and it feels very weird and unpleasant to say it as I still feel 13 or 15 or so and connected to everything that was me in my teens, including this website which I joined when I was just 10 haha. It's a scary time now, since despite previously thinking I knew what I was going to do after I was 18, being in college has changed that and I'm now clueless as to all the processes involved and the end of this academic year looks to me like a cliff lol.

Anyways, I hope your year's been good and I look forward to seeing new users and also any old users who've stuck around .

Thumbs Up

Haha, yeah times are changing just as this board did since we all first came here. And just like it is normal that changes occur on websites it is normal for your life as well. I think the change from school to work was the most important change in my life so far. Oh and don't feel old yet SUM1, i am 33 and looking back at myself and the young guys nowadays i have to laugh. With 16 i felt like a grown up, now if i see our apprentices i just can't keep a straight face because they look like boys to me.

Something similar is happening with the technical stuff like this forum and its Flash based hacking background. When i joined here in 2010 Flash was pretty much at its peak before declining. And now Unity came along and is in its current form already dead. With that the userbase changed as well. Times are changing and so are we, but like you said it is good to come back to see old friends.

Anyways, the new year is here and i wish you all good luck.

YAAY!!

6 more hours for me to hit 2017

By the way Zucker i cant seem to reply to PM's It just sends me back to the main page as soon as i submit the message same goes for some of my posts

Quote Originally Posted by W4N73D1 View Post
    By the way Zucker i cant seem to reply to PM's It just sends me back to the main page as soon as i submit the message same goes for some of my posts
    Yeah, try to remove quotes and avoid special characters as this seems to be problematic. As a tip, try to use the preview to see what works and what not. For me this is somewhat inconsistent and i can't really pinpoint the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by ZuckeR View Post
    Yeah, try to remove quotes and avoid special characters as this seems to be problematic. As a tip, try to use the preview to see what works and what not. For me this is somewhat inconsistent and i can't really pinpoint the problem.
    Could be that , ill chill on the special characters , it usually happens when i try to Preview as well lol i

ZuckeR, Can you elaborate on in what ways you think the change from school to work was the most important in your life so far?

Glad to see youre still around SUM!

Quote Originally Posted by tmanzz122 View Post
    Glad to see youre still around SUM!
    You too tmanzz122 c:, and it's SUM1. lol
    Last edited by SUM1; 01-09-2017 at 09:58 PM.

Wow.

Practically forgot about the website, I feel bad, sorry about that. But yay, it's 2017, and as it's happened each year, you've made a great post on it, good job Sum1.

Forums are dying

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast