Arcade Prehacks

Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Is the forum broken?

Is the forum broken?

Every time I post a reply to the count to 11111 thread and click the send button, it directs to something saying "Oops! The page you requested might be moved or deleted."
    WTF??

Quote Originally Posted by tchow847 View Post
    Every time I post a reply to the count to 11111 thread and click the send button, it directs to something saying "Oops! The page you requested might be moved or deleted."
    WTF??
    We've
    been seeing issues. I get redirected on posting. and I can't use my spacebar for the first two lines...

Yep, there are some issues. Its been hard to them fixed as we have not been experiencing them ourselves. Which makes it very hard to find and debug the issue.

However, I just got the bug trying to post in the 11111 thread so I will get this looked at.

Btw, I noticed you posted in the 11111 thread after posting about it here. What did you do to finally get it to work?

Quote Originally Posted by Xnite View Post
    Yep, there are some issues. Its been hard to them fixed as we have not been experiencing them ourselves. Which makes it very hard to find and debug the issue.

However, I just got the bug trying to post in the 11111 thread so I will get this looked at.

Btw, I noticed you posted in the 11111 thread after posting about it here. What did you do to finally get it to work?
    Xnite , Your Spacebar problem can be fixed (for you) by simply changing your text editor in your profile settings if i remember correctly , Thanks to Zucker thats what fixed it for me it usually happens when you quote someone , Secondly yes the forum sometimes likes to redirect back to the home screen when posting or sending a message , it takes multiple tries to finally get it to send , but Zucker has this idea it may be because of certain special characters causing the error in forum posting but theres no way to really know for sure

Quote Originally Posted by W4N73D1 View Post
    Zucker has this idea it may be because of certain special characters causing the error in forum posting
    I thought it might be input sanitizing or something along that line but seems inconsistent to me.

EDIT: Found a contender, i just tried to reply to SUM1 with a quote which happens to have "= S" without the space.
    Last edited by ZuckeR; 01-16-2017 at 07:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ZuckeR View Post
    I thought it might be input sanitizing or something along that line but seems inconsistent to me.

EDIT: Found a contender, i just tried to reply to SUM1 with a quote which happens to have "= S" without the space.
    i just tried to reply to your pm and having quoted your messages it sent me back to the main screen, im guessing it has something to do with quotes then

So it seems like there are quite a few characters that do not work actually. Basically everything thats not simple ASCII (32-126) breaks the posting. The pretty common Latin-1 using the codes 128-255 does not work.

That means it isn't the quoting that is the culprit here but character encoding and the way that is used/sanatized. Input sanatizing is even more likely the problem as = S does not work without the space in between. It might be a problem with just the character encoding itself though.

test 111111

that's I am not sure ` if it also work?

=s this is another tried

=S "=S" not sure if that work?

$ # all of these work?
    Last edited by ZuckeR; 01-26-2017 at 04:11 PM. Reason: merged